[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ENGLAND vs BELGIUM - BBC2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 194
Thread images: 24
File: 36.png (2 MB, 1566x1044) Image search: [Google]
36.png
2 MB, 1566x1044
>>
>BBC still trying to shill women's """""football"""""
>>
File: CZ_q1siWQAAUJON.jpg (116 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
CZ_q1siWQAAUJON.jpg
116 KB, 600x800
Imagine the smell in the dressing room after the game
>>
File: (youmayte).jpg (40 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
(youmayte).jpg
40 KB, 615x409
>>66674448
>>
>>66674448
>2 and a half hours of broadcasting space for women's football
>>
HACKSAW TONI DUGGAN
>>
Slagball's back on the box, lads,

Can't wait for Masterchef desu.
>>
i can't take my eyes off it
>>
Truly a goal of the ages.
>>
SOMEONE POST A WEBM
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 185x243) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 185x243
>women

Top kek that was funny.
>>
>goal because of defensive fuck up and not down to the skill of the scoring team

what a shocker
>>
keeper needs to get dropped for that
>>
women deserve to earn as much as men, it's the same sport, shitlords
>>
WOMEN'S FOOTBALL IS JUST AS GOOD AS MENS AND DESERVES THE ATTENTION
>>
JUST FUCK MY DEFENCE UP
>>
>>
so are they aware that football is traditionally played within the touchlines?

i swear there's been like 30 throw ins already
>>
It's just like men's football - if all the men had cerebral palsy.
>>
Why are their kits such similar colours?
>>
>>66674737
That kid's doing a spot on smug Pepe.
>>
Which is better, women's football, children's football or disabled football
>>
File: wood.png (1 MB, 696x1044) Image search: [Google]
wood.png
1 MB, 696x1044
>>
>>66674794
Considering children literally beat the best international women's teams, it's a toss up between women and disabled for which is worse.

I reckon those blind guys that play with bells could give these girls a good game.
>>
>>66674794
disabled football

you ever see the blokes with one leg playing? or the guys with no legs playing on little skateboards? they would probably shit all over the women
>>
File: BRpHu2mCMAAtqQB.jpg (52 KB, 599x599) Image search: [Google]
BRpHu2mCMAAtqQB.jpg
52 KB, 599x599
>>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: image.png (90 KB, 223x200) Image search: [Google]
image.png
90 KB, 223x200
>Englel
>>
File: scouse.png (2 MB, 1420x1016) Image search: [Google]
scouse.png
2 MB, 1420x1016
red socks and scouse brows
>>
What the fuck was that? How was she allowed to retrieve that ball herself before a defender arrived.
>>
Do they allow alcohol at women's football?

They should.
>>
File: bbcoc.png (2 MB, 1592x894) Image search: [Google]
bbcoc.png
2 MB, 1592x894
>>
this is the most awkward football i've ever seen, do they not do any first touch training or is there a reason why they kick it like 5 feet in front of them every time they receive a pass?
>>
why are men better at football?
>>
>>66675088
The reason we all watch women's football
>>
File: england-cp-scotland.jpg (129 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
england-cp-scotland.jpg
129 KB, 620x349
BBC Sport are the biggest wind up merchants. They'll have a link with "World Champion footballer out for season" and it's some butch lesbian.

>>66674794

These lads would win the Women's World Cup easily.
>>
>>66675088
My word
>>
>>66675182

What's wrong with them?
>>
Fuck me even for women's football that half was shit.
>>
>>66675200
I'm guessing CP stands for Cerebral Palsy.
>>
File: image.jpg (245 KB, 1279x951) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
245 KB, 1279x951
>Not based Mexico
>>
the comms said our keeper was one of the best at the WC
but from the games i watched i thought she played shit
kept on dropping the ball etc
>>
>>66675088

Best bit of the half, and the next second when she was on all fours
>>
>>66675244
What does that tell you about the quality of other female goalies?
>>
Do you think it was free entry for this game?
>>
File: First Time Anal.webm (335 KB, 960x536) Image search: [Google]
First Time Anal.webm
335 KB, 960x536
>>66675160
>implying
>>
>>66675244
Hope Solo's the only decent female goalkeeper, the rest are fucking shite.
>>
File: bae.png (2 MB, 1462x1024) Image search: [Google]
bae.png
2 MB, 1462x1024
no rafferty tonight :/
>>
The BBC could be spending this money on non-league Football. Higher quality, and more people would care.
>>
Who's that QT they were just interviewing?
>>
Kirby and Petera Crouch when?
>>
>>66675357
More people are interested in women's football than non-league though. Not memeing.
>>
File: IMG_20160408_205419.jpg (222 KB, 1024x761) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160408_205419.jpg
222 KB, 1024x761
>>
>>66675357
I'd fucking love it if the BBC started doing a non-league highlights show. Monday nights at 10.35, I could get behind it. Show the Premier and maybe the "best of the rest", the top goals from the North and South leagues, with a non-patronising feature piece on a different club in the non-league ladder each week.

Sadly, it won't happen.
>>
How big an inferiority complex do you have to have to want to be a male coach in women's football?
>>
>>66675459

This is a little outdated, but yeah, fucking no mate. Idiot.
>>
>>66675492

Mark Sampson failed in the Welsh Premier League iirc. Might have even been the second tier.

>>66675475

That would be amazing. Instead we got that Late Kick-off regional shit
>>
>>66675505
Fine.

More people are interested in the occasional England women's international match than weekly 5th tier highlights.
>>
the absolute fucking state of the football on display in this match
>>
shit ground
>>
>>66675543
This, plus even if the interest is less, it's less of a commitment for the BBC to show a few matches a year of womens football. Plus it's in their charter to do shit like this anyway.
>>
>>66675505
Why hasn't some billionaire bought Rushden and Diamonds yet? Based team.
>>
>>66675547

It's the steepest stadium I've been to except the top tier at St James where they bung away fans
>>
>>66675539
The Late Kick Off was awful. Pretty much Guy Mowbray with some jobber pundit like John Hendrie or Chris Morgan on the show every week.

Windass was entertaining, likewise David Hirst who's chill IRL and once had a pint with.
>>
>>66675547
I went to see Rotherham once when I was at uni at Don Valley, empty seats AOTS. Adam Le Fondre was playing, it was shite but the tickets were a fiver.
>>
Why the fuck is this on TV?

I'd rather they just show a repeat of any random game from any era t.b.h.

Maybe a classic FA cup game or something.

Why are they showing this shit?
>>
File: mfw shitposting.jpg (172 KB, 1920x960) Image search: [Google]
mfw shitposting.jpg
172 KB, 1920x960
>BBC still trying to force this utter shit

If you actually enjoy this garbage, you need to re-evalulate your life and then kill yourself.
>>
My god.
>>
>tfw right to this day I can't hear Jonathan Pearce without thinking of Robot Wars
>>
>>66675582

Rushden & Diamonds was already the result of a local millionaire (the Doc Martins boots guy) merging two local teams.

Went bust anyway, it's a phoenix club AFC Rushden & Diamonds now. Fan owned IIRC.
>>
>the England band not content with ruining the men's matches have taken it upon themselves to ruin the women's too
>>
File: 1459947942942s.jpg (2 KB, 125x70) Image search: [Google]
1459947942942s.jpg
2 KB, 125x70
womens football is the most ferocious sport in the world.
would any of you want to come up against a bunch of hormonal angry women?
>>
>>66675630
It's a shame what happened to them, Nene Park was a good ground and the Diamond Burgers were class. Also THE go-to team on Champ Man 01/02.
>>
>these screams from the crowd

It's just like the reaction I get when they see me irl too :3
>>
>>66675653

They won't be able to take their instruments into the stadiums in France, too much of a security risk. Thank fuck.
>>
>>66675626
I just think "IS IT GOING? IS IT GOING? IS IT GOING?"
>>
Even though the equal pay argument is absurd, my favourite part of the entire discussion is the women in the media that have an opinion on the matter but would never dream of actually supporting the industry by watching a game like this.
>>
>>66675683
You now remember when the based Poles banned them from going into the stadium in 2012. Good lads.
>>
>>66675695
To be fair in their position I'd try exactly the same thing, why not go for more if you can wrangle it innit. Not going to sit back and accept less as a point of pride even though I know I'm worse.
>>
>hating on the Pukka Pies® England band™
>>
there just as good as the men you manchildren
>>
>>66675695
if all the women who complain about the pay for Women's footballers actually turned up to games this match might have actually filled the Rotherham stadium.
>>
>>66675721
Women's football threads are /comfy/ lad, no need to start with that.
>>
Didn't alex scott put dirty water up her arse on TV recently?
>>
>>66675653
jumping on the
>i hate the england band
bandwagon
>>
>>66675716
Their reasoning is retarded though. I could never get behind their cause when they blindly ignore the massive differences between men's and women's football.
>>
>>66675683
Wednesday fans are pushing for them to be banned from their ground. They've had a few run-ins with fans this season who are getting real tired of their shit, they were banned about ten years ago but some chump reinstated them back in 2009 I think?
>>
Aluko is actually a better player than her brother. At least she stays on her feet and knows where the goal is.
>>
wembley atmosphere is dire with the band imagine what it would be like without it
>>
>>66675695
They're complaining about it there too?
They wouldn't even have half the bad arguments here
>>
>>66675761

Nah fuck that, you could actually hear the England fans in Berlin a few weeks ago, not constant repetition of Dambusters.
>>
>>66675771
It's not even as simple as all the female players asking for more money either. It's the very best players asking to be paid by performance rather than getting a fixed salary which is guaranteed whether they play or not. Many of the smaller players don't even want the change.
>>
Career ending pregnancy.
>>
>>66675809

It was refreshing to actually hear the away fans in Berlin a couple of weeks ago, instead of the umpteenth repetition of the Dambusters theme.
>>
>>66675761

Fuck the England band

They are half the reason the atmosphere is so bad
>>
>female officials
>>
What's worse, England band at the footie or the Barmy Army at the cricket?
>>
>>66675746
s-source
>>
Why wouldn't you always put freekicks and corners on top of the keeper?
>>
Hope Belgium hold out.

Love watching England lose when they spend so much time bigging them up.
>>
>>66675894
The Barmy Army are occasionally funny, the band is completely useless.
>>
what ground's this at?
>>
>>66675809
>get of that club Wembley nonsense
>sell all England tickets at a reasonable price, maybe use the lottery system they used at the 2012 Olympics
>ban the band
>possibly build a "northern Wembley" and have England home matches alternating between the two venues
All of England's atmosphere issues solved mate
>>
>>66675923

Rotherham's New York Stadium
>>
>>66675923

Rotherham's New York Stadium
>>
>don't make any plans we'll still be here at christmas

top kek, Pearce blowing them out
>>
she trying to assist the linesman?
>>
this is like watching two people play FIFA for the first time
>>
File: spidey neat.jpg (39 KB, 400x324) Image search: [Google]
spidey neat.jpg
39 KB, 400x324
>>66675930
>>66675933
Right down to the capitalisation
>>
>>66675899
It was some bear grylls programme, only saw some highlights on gogglebox while I was waiting to watch the last leg last week
>>
Kek what a finish.
>>
>That finish
>>
problem with wembley is the design
the acoustics are all fucked it its impossible to get a good atmosphere going without a drum
>>
>>66675961
going to try and look it up and then wank to it
>>
>>66675927

Club Wembley's pretty bad, even worse is that the VIP section behind the dugouts is never full for anything. Should have been on the other side of the stadium, so the cameras don't see it.
>>
>>66675927
Should have had the national stadium either in Birmingham or Manchester. Birmingham's midway and good for transport links.
>>
>a foul throw
>a fucking foul throw in an international match

are you fucking kidding me
>>
Hehe, Jordan Nobbs
>>
>>66676006
wasn't a foul throw the lino kept telling her to stop moving up the line and she ignored her
>>
why don't they just shoot whenever they're in range, you've got a 50/50 chance of the goalie spilling it in
>>
Don't watch this if you're eating

https://youtu.be/rY7TzTy4q18
>>
>>66674448
>>66674506
tfw they're way better than you'll ever be
>>
Is the Belgium keeper high test?
>>
>Pearce having to talk about gameshows
>>
>>66676065
Which one of the players was in, no need to whine about absolutely everything lad.
>>
>>66676046
You've got a 90/10 chance of them missing the goal though
>>
>>66676063

No, she's a goblin
>>
ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND
>>
ABEs BTFO
>>
ITS COMING HOME
>>
I can't even be bothered to shitpost.
>>
File: ezzy.gif (2 MB, 302x238) Image search: [Google]
ezzy.gif
2 MB, 302x238
>>
>>66676057

>the City of women
>>
are any goals scored in Wimmens footy that aren't because of defensive fuck ups?
>>
/pol/'s obsession with hating literally everything women do has ruined this site tßh, womens football threads used to be some of the best on /sp/ since they were slow, comfy and people who didn't care just stayed out of them. This one is 75% complaining that women's football isn't as good as mens. Like obviously.
>>
>OFFSIDE FROM A THROW IN
>>
>offside from a throw in

u fukin wot
>>
File: 62574.jpg (51 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
62574.jpg
51 KB, 620x413
>offside from a throw in

YOU CANNOT MAKE THIS SHIT UP
>>
>offside from a throw in
>>
>offside from a throw in
and we're supposed to take this seriously?
>>
They should try and score more blooters.
>>
GAMES ON
>>
>>66676173

2011-2012 was some comfy times
>>
>>66676173
No one cares. Go to reddit if you want intelligent discourse.
>>
>>66676173
meanwhile you're masterbating, waiting for someone to post pictures of some of your favourite 'waifus'
>>
greenwood is bae
>>
>>66676221
>>66676223
Way to prove my point.
>>
>yfw they start using these women pundits on men's games
>>
That black women is so shit
>>
how many throw ins have there been?
feels like there's been one every minute.
>>
>>66676283
Not like the have anyone particularly insightful amongst their male pundits at the moment.
>>
>>66676296
correct
>>
Is it still acceptable to use the term 'big lass' in everyday conversation?
>>
>>66676264
Not those anons, but you don't exactly have authority on what should and shouldn't be posted in these threads. Shitposting in threads exists regardless of whether it's men or women's football.
>>
>>66676322
I think the preferred term is "bubbly".
>>
that keeper better not be in goal for the next tournament
>>
Look at them takin it all serioulsy

Having a little huddle ,how cute
>>
>>66676337

Reading between the lines in obituaries is quite fun

>she was so bubbly and full of life
>I.e. she was a total mad cow gobshite who shared Minion memes on Facebook

>he was a vibrant character
>he was a total irritating dickhead
>>
>>66676296
Aluko is shite. Duggan, Kirby, Taylor, Clarke, White, even Beth Mead who can't even get in the squad are better than her.

Hyped for Mark Sampson being replaced by someone who actually knows what they're doing.
>>
>>66676325
Never said I had an authority on anything, just noting a deterioration of quality over the past 4 years or so, feel free to disagree if you experienced different. The shitposting in these threads used to be on actual shit the players did not just 100 variations of 'womens football is shit.'

Not that it really matters, it's only a mongolian basket weaving forum after all but still, a shame.
>>
Highlights from the Scotland game, what a treat
>>
>>66676283
Mina Rzouki is one of the BBC's best pundits actually and a regular on some of their best shows. Far smarter than the people she's along side a lot of the time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x2lu0cBMAE
>>
>>66676400
calm down you ugly freak
>>
>>66676441
Rzouki is a fucking hack.

Amy Lawrence is OK like and seems to know her stuff.
>>
>>66676462
Epic, have a good night now
>>
>>66676441
>>66676494
Mina knows jack shit about anything which isn't Italy, which she's great on generally. Unfortunately there are people even better than her on Italy so she doesn't really have a niche.
>>
Anyone know when the next game is on?
>>
>>66676525
england? tuesday
>>
>>66676525
Tuesday at 15:00 vs Bosnia
>>
>>66676531
>>66676544

Thanks. Guess it's not on TV then, doesn't seem to be
>>
Anyone got a stream of the game?
I don't want to use the iplayer one because I don't have a tv license and don't want to be arrested.
>>
>>66676494
good taste
mina is the goat
>>
>watching wimmins football
>>
>>66676556
They'll probably stream it if nothing else I imagine
>>
>>66676375
>they were quirky
>they were completely uninteresting, and occasionally did random shit to try and make it look like they even have anything resembling a personality, but really that only serves to piss everyone off
>>
>>66676057
>digusting
what kind of virgin doesn't understand basic fucking biology.
>>
>>66676512
Yeah Italy is her niche.

Do you listen to the World Football Phone In? She pops in on that sometimes. Big fan of Mark Gleeson and Paul Sarahs, Dotun seems like a cock tee bee haitch.
>>
>>66676680
dotun always seems like hes jealous of tim vickery
>>
>>66676680
Have done for like 7 years now on and off yeah, my #1 football podcast by far, have listened to others from time to time but it's the only one I've kept with that long. Even though the same shit gets answered again and again quite a lot it's a level of insight you don't get anywhere else.

All the pundits are great now tßh, they used to get a guy called Durosimi in to do Africa who was shit, Mark is far better, and Jon Arnold is just as good as the previous guy who did America too. Nice that they're doing Asia with some regularity now too, despite being around for so long it feels like the show is the best it's ever been.
>>
>>66676699
Yeah I noticed that. Dotun loves to push the shirt name meme like mad as well.

Vickery seems to know his shit mostly.
>>
>>66676729
>Durosimi

What a fraud. I miss Andy Brassell, but Gleeson and Arnold know their stuff so I always listen when those two are on.
>>
>>66676808
Yeah Andy was better than Paul I think, probably the only thing I'd change to make it better. Paul and Mina compliment each other quite well though since they know different areas so it works fairly well. Durosimi could never quite hide his ABE tendencies either lel, was quite funny,

Must admit I do just skip through all the singing/banter sections now, starts to get a but samey after a while. Wouldn't be the same show if it was mega serious though, so I don't mind it being there, just don't want to listen anymore.
>>
>>66676862
I find that sometimes. I can dip in and out of it and that's fine. Second Captains and Football Ramble are the two I listen to without fail, things like WFPI and Football Weekly I drop into. The latter depending on the panelists (Glendenning can get fucked)
>>
>>66676944
I listened to The Football Ramble every week between 2008 or 2009 and 2013 I think, but for whatever reason over the past couple of seasons I just haven't been feeling it. I listen every few weeks now maybe but not more often than that. Football Weekly I just never bother with at all and haven't in years, find it to be a bit generic and not that interesting. Haven't heard of Second Captains, will be sure to give it a go some time.

Know it's not really /sp/ related but my favourite podcast of all time is The Biggest Problem in the Universe, best comedy podcast out there and far more in line with 4chans politics than most without being cringy or overbearingly tryhard. Give it a go if you get a chance, if you like the humour in TFR and banter back and forth it might be your thing. Ironic for a women's football thread, but one of the guys on it is a famous anti-women troll who was on American tv a few times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0xoKiH8JJM

thebiggestproblemintheuniverse.com
>>
>>66676375
everytime i see this fag's trip feel compelled to post this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgS1RFk1cU8
>>
>>66677023
Will give that a go, cheers for the rec.
>>
>>66676944
>>66677023

Literally just got out of the live Ramble show in Newcastle. Freaky.
>>
File: 1460143137712.png (49 KB, 158x227) Image search: [Google]
1460143137712.png
49 KB, 158x227
>>66674737
>>
>>66677114
Was it any good?
>>
>>66676058
i doubt it
>>
>>66677195

Horrendously bad, even for a women's game.

Seriously.
>>
what does big black cock have to do with women's soccer anyway
>>
>>66675240
literally all of them are chicanas and not mexican.
>>
>>66678848
what's wrong with chicanas?
Thread replies: 194
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.