[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's the appeal of nascar?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
what's the appeal of nascar?
>>
vroom fast cars my cousin did lawn mower racing back in woodenville vroom vroom honey we're out of miller lite
>>
Racecars.
>>
racing is fun
>>
Tailgating and drinking beer
>>
>>66591721

I like the way there's actually a pretty competitive field in NASCAR. There's about 15 different drivers that could win a race on any given day, and even if a driver starts in the back of the field, or gets a penalty, the races are long enough that they could drive all the way through the field and win a race.

I also enjoy how the racing depends on understanding and using the draft, and the fact that even experienced drivers can get loose and crash into the wall at speed.

Then there's the contact. Incidental contact is the norm, and not the exception, and it's actually used to help make passes.

NASCAR racing isn't for everyone, and I didn't enjoy it when a lot of my friends did, but I eventually grew to appreciate it and now watch it regularly. Same with F1.
>>
crashes
>>
People dying
>>
that's always impressive when they turn to the right
>>
i just think about the fastest ive ever driven (120mph), and I say fuuuuarck they go way faster 3 wide sometimes.
>>
>>66591721
1) you dont have to follow every second of action, but at any given time over the next several hours there will be movement, loud noises and jockeying for position

2) when is the last time you met a nascar fan who masturbated over a list of statistics? they have favorite drivers, they remember who won a couple times and who crashed, and thats fucking it

3) go to a race. its crowded, noisy, all the people are drunk and friendly, fat, stupid and usually good average people. i guaranfuckingtee you that if you go to a nascar race and say well my friend bought me the ticket but im poor and can't eat, you would be dead by chicken wing and beer overdose within ten minutes

4) the racing is harder than it looks. these are boxy shaped cars going at high speed in a small cluster. they make millions of dollars to win and you can tell who isn't going to, so there is a skill curve that doesn't meet the eye immediately

5) theres really fucking spectacular come from behind victories, even if they take a long time. f1, for all the technology and skill and right hand turns, is just as boring to watch.

6) theres some amazing crashes, pace action and pit action that work well in a highlight reel

7) the same group-oriented stuff that draws other fans into watching other sports
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.