[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Spee/, I don't follow baseball. Can you give me a little
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3
File: nyy_1200x630.jpg (80 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
nyy_1200x630.jpg
80 KB, 1200x630
/Spee/, I don't follow baseball.

Can you give me a little primer on the new york Yankees? Normie friend invited me to a viewing party and I said yes because free beer and nachos.

Him and his friends are big Yankees fans so I don't want to get caught off guard during the party if they ask me something.

Thanks brochachos.
>>
27 rings. That's all you need to know.
>>
Google them

I doubt they'll really care if you don't know much or anything about them. You'd probably be more conversive with them if you did though.

Just don't ask too many questions like a woman
>>
They are ultimate cuck team
>>
>>66584534

They're not going to quiz you on Yankee trivia, lad. Just watch a Yankees documentary and you'll be set.
>>
>>66584534
Don't be a retard and mention "Thurman Munster" like one of my friends did... We still give him shit to this day for calling him that.
>>
>>66584746
Babe Ruth, Roger Maris, Whitey Ford, Joe DiMaggio, Yogi Berra, Casey Stengel, Billy Martin, Joe Torre, Don Mattingly, Derek Jeter, Paul O'Neill, Tino Martinez, Bernie Williams, Mariano Rivera..... Just a few names you can drop
>>
>>66584746
I mean just normal conversation, not prepping for a quiz
>>
>>66584672
Nah that's Boston
>>
>>66584910

Then just read up about baseball in general. Even if you don't know shit they'll laugh at you once and move on.. no big deal
>>
They are the greatest team in history but if your friends aren't from New York, New Jersey, or Connecticut they are bandwagon scum and we don't want the.
>>
>>66584993
I'm from Kansas, but used to live in CT... Can... Can I still be a fan?
>>
>>66585005
How long did you live in Conn?
>>
>>66584954
Nah that's the cubs
>>
>>66585016
3 years. My family is from Brooklyn... If that matters
>>
>>66585041
You're cool than
>>
>>66584534
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTwE7xDZkPk
>>
>>66584534

They have the best pitching in their division, the AL East. Both starting and bull pen.

They scored the second most runs in all of baseball last season with pretty much the same line up and both Elsbury and Gardiner having down years.

They are looking good to take the division but they'll need some type of meme magic to compete against the big teams in the AL like KC and Houston. Not to mention all the great teams in the NL. But who knows, with the right kind of trade, pitching performing as well as it should and a little luck they could make a run at it.
>>
>>66585178
The Red Sox scare me with David Price.... Dude is a Yankee killer
>>
If the the other team does something good get really assblasted and say they only have x number of rings. Try to fit "27 rings" into every sentence at least 3 times. A large persecution complex is strongly recommended as well.
>>
just yell "TWENTY SEVEN RINGS" anytime something good happens
>>
Tell them you're a Mets fan.
>>
Alex Rodriguez is unquestionably the best Yankee to ever put on the uniform both is terms of baseball ability and as a steward and representative of the principles and values that are the heart and soul of the New York Yankees. My recommendation to be popular with your friends is just study Alex Rodriguez and focus the conversation on him as the quintessential Yankee.
>>
>>66585220

Price is great (during the regular season...) for sure. BUT he was moved from a much better team in the division to a much worse one. He's only one pitcher on one division team. We'll see him five times at the absolute most.

The rest of the Red Sox rotation is hot garbage.
>>
>>66584534
Rings.
>>
File: 1378342189709.jpg (187 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1378342189709.jpg
187 KB, 1280x720
This is bait, desu.
>>
>>66585328
I mean THIS
>>66585292

is bait, desu
>>
yankees are the ultimate cuck bandwagon team to root for, unless you're from NYC it means you're worthless and bandwagoner filth
>>
>>66585328
So deep... He is a man of many words
>>
Hey OP, are you watching?
Watch this:

>>66585346
KISS THE RINGS, FAGGOT.
>>
>>66585476
Watching
>>
>>66584534
Bring up Mike Francesa and gauge their reactions.. Oghkay?
>>
File: 1411448374983.jpg (3 KB, 140x160) Image search: [Google]
1411448374983.jpg
3 KB, 140x160
>>66585534
>Mike Francesa
>>
>>66585563
You either love or hate Francesa.
>>
>>66585610
No, you either hate him or are a complete cunt like him.
>>
>>66585631
Get lawst, Oghkay? **waves hand**
>>
>>66584534
If they are average Yankees fans you probably already know more than them about baseball just by being curious.
>>
>>66585346
No one had bandwagoned the Yankees since the late 90s...stop kidding yourself
>>
So Yankee fans need to give away free beer and nachos, just to get more people to jump on the bandwagon now, eh?
>>
>>66585695
So Prime Ministers need to give free money and weed, just to get more people to vote for them now, eh?
>>
>>66585005
If youre from Kansas why dont you just watch the Royals dummy
>>
>>66585751
Because I grew up a Yankee fan..... Dummy
>>
>>66585178
You're way more optimistic than me senpai. I honestly see them as a 3rd place team
>>
Yankees fan here. Historically we have been the best team in baseball and everyone hates us for that. This year we're either going to be really good or really terrible, we will figure out by late May.
>>
>>66584550
how many were before radio was invented?
>>
>>66585041
>>66585052
BKN is dodgers territory
>>
>>66586281
>>
Ye
>>
>>66584534
The most important thing to remember is that >we have the most arrogant and entitled fanbase in the world. Anything less than another championship is a disappointment.
>>
>>66585826

I've seen a lot of people share your outlook and I'm not sure why. I think the Yankees are kind of sneaking up on people. But last year they were killing it until Toronto made those monster trades. Tex getting hurt didn't help. A-Rod cooled down the second half of the season and I think the team was aware of CC's issues so maybe they lost some of their heart.

But, again, the only team that scored more runs last year was Toronto. And the pitching staff is much healthier coming in to this season than last.

Their biggest strength last season was a dominant bull pen which they made BETTER in the off season by getting Chapman.

Cashman is a great GM, Girardi is a great manager. They know how to make the most out of what they have. I think the Yankees are set up very nicely this year and will surprise a lot of people.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.