[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friendly reminder that the Texas Rangers were one strike away
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: One Strike Away.gif (4 MB, 360x316) Image search: [Google]
One Strike Away.gif
4 MB, 360x316
Friendly reminder that the Texas Rangers were one strike away from winning the 2011 World Series twice in the same game and choked away a 2-run lead both times.
>>
File: bobby.png (396 KB, 775x583) Image search: [Google]
bobby.png
396 KB, 775x583
>>66577004
i still blame that on chris drinkinghis bottle of champagne early that night. fucking dumbass.
>>
>>66577004
He makes that catch and he's a champion. He was probably thinking about which family members he wanted to send over on doors for his celebration party
>>
>>66577004

word on the street is that he was playing 15 more swallow because he wanted to be pictured in the celebration
>>
i was at that game

>>66577712
>he was playing 15 more swallow
wut?
>>
>>66580236

meant to say shallow
>>
>>66577004
They were literally one strike away TWICE.

How does a team choke that hard! It's like winning every game but somehow against all odds losing the final game.
>>
>>66580574
Rags chokejob can only be compared to 18-1
>>
>>66577004

The choking that allowed the cardinals into the playoffs was pretty legendary as well.

>god i miss chris carpenter
>>
>>66580652

forgot link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01JGnoYkmB4
>>
>>66577004
Maybe Americans should stop using fatasses as athletes.
>>
That was the last good world series basebore had
David Freese was so based
>>
>>66580797

Yeah, fat asses can have streaks of fat domination like sabathia early with the yanks(fat and drunk now though) sandoval in 12' playoffs and ortiz in 13' playoffs, where they literally carried their teams to victory, but in the long run they tend to be bad investments.

Besides Matt Adams one thing I always liked about the Cards is that Moz mostly kept fatsos off the team, and while at the time I was pissed Pujols didn't resign to become a lifetime Card, wow, dodged a fucking 250 million dollar bullet there(has Pujols even won a playoff game since going to LA? I think they only made it once and got swept by the Royals. And now he's fat.)

It was nice to see Holliday slim down in the 15-16' offseason. It's always good to see a veteran player with a big paycheck get back in shape, it makes you think he stills gives shit about the game.

>>66580834
Freese was the basest
Berkman was based
Chris Carpenter was based (game 5 gem vs phillies)
Pujols was based (3 hr game)

Playoff Chris Carpenter is pretty much the exact opposite of Playoff Clayton Kershaw, and Carp had to have his arm rebuilt twice.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.