[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Novak Đoković - GOAT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: djokovic-federer-wimbledon.jpg (299 KB, 806x605) Image search: [Google]
djokovic-federer-wimbledon.jpg
299 KB, 806x605
NOVAK ĐOKOVIĆ - GREATES OF ALL TIME

*ATP World Tour Masters 1000*

He is about to win his 28th tour and that will be no.1 player with most Masters tour titles. Currently he shares 1st place with Nadal, both 27 titles.
Novak is going to surpass both Nadal and Federer in the number of finals in Masters 1000 tours. Right now he has 40 finals(soon 41), while Nadal has 41 and Federer 42.

He is most likely to win Cincinnati Masters. That will make him be the first player to win all 9 Masters 1000 tours. Currently he holds no.1 spot with 8 won tours.

It's going to be extremely hard but it's possible for him to win all 9 tours this year. He could be the first tennis player ever to accomplish that. Even now he hold the record with 6 tours in one year.

*ATP World Tour Finals*

Đoković holds second spot with 5 titles and Federer holds first spot with 6 titles. This year they will most likely be tied, but Đoković will surely overtake no.1 spot.
He also has 5 finals while Sampras has 6 and Federer 10 so he will either be no.2 or no.1 in the future.

He holds 1st place in consecutive titles(4) and he will most likely extend it today to 5. In consecutive finals he's going to be tied with Federer(5) and will overtake his place in next years.

*Olympic Games and he Grand Slam tournaments*

This year could be his best year, but also best year in tennis history.
He could either accomplish career Grand Slam or calendar year Grand Slam in 2016.
Since he is favorite to win Olympic gold he could also accomplish Golden Slam and be the first male tennis player that ever did that.
He is most likely going to overtake Federer's no.1 spot in the number of won GS tours in the next few years. He will surely overtake Nadal's 2nd spot.

*ALL TOURNAMENTS*
He holds 4th place with 62 won tours. He could easily get 2nd place this year if he wins 6 more tours.
>>
U wot m8? It is a known fact that Federer is the eternal tennis GOAT
>>
>>66573486
Not for long and this post proves it.
>>
>>66571837
>le no competition snooze robot
Yeah, definitely better than Federer on his prime sure.
>>
>>66573542
I just don't think it's wise to brand Djokovic as the GOAT right now when he still has a long way to go.
>>
>>66573668
Federer is GOAT right now, but if Đoković wins Golden Slam or Grand Slam or Career GS + few more records he will take the spot.
>>
>>66573805
Of course, I agree.
>>
Tell me why does he have a gluten-free diet?
>>
>>66573991
I have tried gluten free pasta, it tastes like old shoes.
>>
Most importantly, djokovic's era of dominance and being almost unbeatable (2011-now? Maybe 2013-now) is as long as federers and will be longer
>>
>>66574047
Federer had over 200 consecutive weeks at world number 1. Djokovic has under a 100. You look really stupid now, m8.
>>
>>66574033
Schär is good, you just have to cook it right. Some takes only about 8 minutes.
>>
>>66574047
>2011-now
>>
File: seppuku.jpg (455 KB, 827x600) Image search: [Google]
seppuku.jpg
455 KB, 827x600
Any moment now
>>
>>66573486
meh, djoko has at least 4 good years unless some insane injury
if he's wining like 2 GS per year he will pass fed by a lot
And he will prob win more

Only some fucked up injury can stop him, and seeing how he's really really careful about them , and how he has like 50kg i doubt that'll happen
>>
>>66573991
he's kind of allergic to eat. makes him fart a lot i guess

he started playing like a god when he fixed his diet, i guess he just feels better
>>
>>66575560
He went from retiring from matches to having the best stamina on the tour.
>>
>>66575611
It's hard to believe he was once a young punk hotshot who couldn't keep himself together mentally or physically.
>>
>>66571837

Copying from other thread:

Djokovic: 11 Slams
Federer: 17 Slams

Djokovic: 192 total weeks at ATP No. 1
Federer: 302 total weeks at ATP No. 1

Djokovic: 91 consecutive weeks at ATP No. 1
Federer: 237 consecutive weeks at ATP No. 1

Djokovic: 0 career Grand Slam
Federer: 1 career Grand Slam

Djokovic: 88 total career finals
Federer: 136 career finals

And:

That's an incredibly poor analysis. You pick and choose certain stats but not others and end every single one with total speculation and conjecture.

As it stands right now, Djokovic has a very long way to go. You don't get to call someone the GOAT based on possible future performances.

Federer has absolutely cemented his position as the undisputed GOAT, and while Djokovic MIGHT overtake him EVENTUALLY, that is not grounds for calling him the GOAT.
>>
>>66576352
It sounds like you have Djoko as 2nd all-time, at least among active players: Nadal's CV is too concentrated at RG for your ranking?
>>
>>66576352
>Undisputed Goat
> 23 11
>>
>>66578023
H2H would only matter if everything else was tied.
>>
Djokovic is already better than Federer at his prime, don't be salty.
>>
>>66576352

>comparing carreer achievements between someone 6 years older

holy shit is this for real, this is stats 101 - compare nole and federer at his age and you see just how incredible djokovic is performing
>>
>>66578759

lmao just because you say it doesn't make it true

explain, why would h2h only matter if everything else was tied
>>
>>66584350
Bullshit Federer had much stiffer competition, Prime Nadal, Prime Murray and Prime Roddick as well as some near prime Djokavic too
>>
Fed is the GOAT and only slavshits try to deny it.
>>
>>66575611
it's almost like he's taking drugs..
>>
fed is eternal goat
>>
literally the most dominant athlete of our time
>>
>>66571837
my only complaint against djokobot is i wish he got a different haircut
>>
>>66586418
Heh only reason i love djokovic is to see u faggs cry when watching slavshit owns u all...fuck off kangaroo
>>
>>66586831
djokovic isnt even a real serb
>>
>>66586843
Well he plays under serbian flag.only shit matters.Like all negros from canada are canadafaggs...jesus what argument
>>
>slav defense force in full swing

Jesus, tennis is like the last sport you should bring nationalism into.

The top 10 are all freaks of nature who were lucky enough to get the right training at the right time. Everyones fucks off to the big academies at young age anyway.
>>
>>66586957
Big words from fucking nazi
>>
File: l espirit.webm (2 MB, 1280x524) Image search: [Google]
l espirit.webm
2 MB, 1280x524
C L A Y

S E A S O N
>>
>>66587383
Time for Thiem to shine.
>>
>>66586393

>Roddick

foh senpai you could have said Hewitt or Haas or even past prime Sampras.
>>
>>66586383
Andy Roddick has a positive head 2 head record against Djokovic. Does that make him a greater player? Obviously not. Your logic = BTFO
>>
>>66587383
objectively the worst surface #bringbackcarpet
>>
>>66587511
Nigga clay is the best surface. Squeaky shoe season is over. 50 aces in a 2 set match surface is soon.
>>
>>66587566
I really hope they rethink the surfaces now that Djokovic is shitting on everyone all year long.

Gib faster grass & slower clay. Big 4 is over.
>>
>>66587511
Slow hard court is the worst surface. Even though clay is slow, I don't mind it. It has different characteristics than slow hard.
>>
>>66571837
he's just lucky with timing desu. Not saying he isnt one of the greats but I dont think prime djoko had the talent that prime fed and nadal had. Just unlucky for them that they peaked at the same time. Nadal was always going to never last past the age of 28 with his technique so Djokovic really had it easy once Fed dropped off his peak.

That said Rod Laver has the best record and would have way more slams than Fed if not for the 5 years of proffesional era tennis where no slams were played during his peak.

Also tennis needs to fix its shit again. Stop slowing the grass courts down. Make the clay courts as they used to be. Bring back grass to the Australian Open.
>>
>implying Novak won't btfo everyone in clay season also

What is this meme?
>>
>>66587930
At least it's not the Djokowinslol surface

Djoko's W/L
>clay 225/52 ~ 23%
>gras 75/17 ~ 22%
>outdoor hard 402/73 ~ 18%
>indoor hard 116/34 ~ 29%
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.