[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brexit will effect over 400 premier league footballers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (194 KB, 1444x658) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194 KB, 1444x658
I'm still voting to leave
>>
ENGLISH LEAGUE FOR ENGLISH PLAYERS
>>
It would mean that English clubs could no longer compete in the European Champions League.
>>
hahahaha YES!
>>
Oh no, they'll have to get a visa
>>
B R E X I T

it's just fear mongering. They're worried that events will swing people to leave, so the remain campaigns are attacking what the nation loves most
>>
>a political trade organisation will stop players playing in England
Hmmmmmmm, sure
>>
>>66489993
Of course, its not like Turkish and Russian clubs play in the champions league is it?
>>
Fear tactics just make me suspicious and more likely to vote leave.
>>
Don't know why everyone is being so stupid about this, of course it would reduce the number of foreign players in the PL. But the benefit would be that only top, internationals could join - meaning that more homegrown players will come through which is ultimately what we all want, and I'm pro-EU
>>
File: Trump no.gif (3 MB, 400x362) Image search: [Google]
Trump no.gif
3 MB, 400x362
>literally no good reasons to stay in the EU so they have to resort to "muh footy"
>>
>>66490084
Save us, trump
>>
File: 1459212023542.png (289 KB, 541x359) Image search: [Google]
1459212023542.png
289 KB, 541x359
>>66490107
We have to save ourselves first
>>
>>66490113
Ok, but keep it football related
>>
>>66490113

>Pros
We get to self govern and stop giving more to the EU than we get back.

>Cons
N/A
>>
>UK leaves
>France stops giving a fuck about all the shitskins that want to go to the UK and the entirety of Calais ends up shitting up their country instead

Can't wait tbqf.
>>
>>66490141
That's been disproven
>>
>>66490141
Make sure you vote for Le Pen next year
>>
>>66490113
As a Brit I've no idea what the pros are. The politicians against brevity have done a terrible job of creating a case for staying.

All I see is clickbait everywhere. Probably won't vote at all desu.
>>
the EU is the post undemocratic pile is shit i have ever seen. I cant wait for it to burn to the ground.
>>
>>66490040
>reading comprehension
"Compete" =/ "play", he meant that English clubs will be lucky to reach quarterfinals.
>>
>>66490171
so nothing will change?
>>
>>66490173
Nah, they still get to QFs every year quite easily, it will become worse.
>>
>>66490152
You're right, you're just going to have to pay more money to keep them off your backs.

>>66490156
Nah, she's just a power hungry bitch like the rest of them, she tries to look agains the system but most of her party's money comes from said system.

I have no faith in the french political system, which is both corrupt as fuck (pretty sure only Italy is genuinely worse when it comes to western euro countries), and mostly powerless because of the UE anyway.
>>
>>66490141

France already stopped caring, that's why Britain is building fences in your country.
>>
>>66490141
>do as you're told or we'll flood you with migrants

Is this the famous peace among nations the remain camp keep talking about?

>tfw this argument also inadvertently tells people that the migrants are bad and can be used to threaten nations
>>
>>66490141
>France let the migrants down the channel tunnel
>migrants are essentially bottle-necked
>have the army on our side wait for them and easily detain them
>send the migrants back

Well done, Emmanuel
>>
>>66490141
>Implying shitskins only travel to UK because of EU
Nothing's gonna change about immigration
>>
Does this mean no more lazy African players in our teams?

B R E X I T
>>
haven't heard a good reason for voting either way, so I doubt I'll bother
>>
>>66490018
>on the one hand I can save my country and people from destruction
> b b b but what about muh clubs Champions League spot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWdfRRtAs3o
>>
>>66490162
you're not going to find any answers in mainstream media meighty since it's completely controlled by the enemy
>>
>it's a /pol/ propaganda thread, again
Can you just fuck off already? Wasn't poisoning our meme pool with le cuck and le my wife's son xDDDDD enough for you faggots?
>>
>Finally kicking the JFs out of English football

Based
>>
>>66490286
>/pol/ thread
I went on the BBC page to see the gossip section like I do every morning, but saw this in the headlines so thought I'd share it
>>
>>66490171
To compete in something does mean to take part in
He meant they would no longer be competitive in the champions league
>>
File: Jew Putin.jpg (449 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
Jew Putin.jpg
449 KB, 1024x683
>>66490286
SHUT IT DOWN
>>
>>66490296
Nah, the thread itself is fine because it concerns sports, but it got jacked by that Irish faggot and other /pol/tards
>>
>>66489993

>implying they do now
>>
>>66490286
It's a bbc sport article therefore its sports
>>
>>66490203
They already have to get a work permit

Problem is most of them are english
>>
>>66490082
>meaning that more homegrown players will come through which is ultimately what we all want, and I'm pro-EU
It will simply lower the bar of what is good enough, it won't make players better.
Frankly I wish Italy had even less rules protecting Italian and EU players, the more competition there is the better it is for us as final consumers.
>>
>>66490203
No it would mean more lazy Africans
>>
won't effect any premier league player desu

still voting to stay in though
>>
>>66490342
It would affect some of the worse ones and will prevent the big clubs from buying up foreign youth to fill their academy

In all likelihood though if we leave we will still keep freedom of movement because it is beneficial for both Britain and the EU
>>
>>66490365
>if we leave we will still keep freedom of movement

isn't restricting freedom of movement one of the main perceived benefits for brexit supporters?
>>
>>66489990
Holy shit, just imagine that for a second. The PL will fall harder than anything has fallen before. You niggas would get 1 perhaps two CL spots
>>
>>66490134
if UK was to establish the same treaties as Norway (one of the model countries for Brexit supporters) we'd have to pay in about 17% less to the EU than we do now, all that with losing our say and our very favourable role in the biggest trading bloc out there
>>
>>66490379
Cameron will be in charge of the negotians though
>>
>>66490379
I dont think the politicians really care about it.
>>
>>66490406

We could negotiate a better deal than fucking Norway, we're the second biggest economy in Europe.
>>
>>66490466
Currently the biggest economy in the world, won't be after leaving the EU.

Also you have to remember that we're not on equal footing with other EU members, and all of the privileges we currently enjoy will be gone afterwards. In addition, it's reasonable to expect that EU countries will be salty as fuck after Brexit and being a pain throughout the last 30 years. Considering they would have a massive upper hand in the negotiations, they could basically bully UK into accepting shit conditions treaties.
>>
>Give tories more power to do whatever the fuck they want

No thanks
>>
>>66490496
>all of the privileges we currently enjoy

...go on
>>
>>66490514
>muh benefits
>>
>>66490519

Cheap holidays to Spain
>>
>>66490406
>losing our say

We have no say in the EU. UK always gets outvoted by the other countries anyway (see benefits and eastern Europe)

>>66490514

They'll be gone in 2020. The EU will be forever if we don't leave now.
>>
>>66490519
look up UK's opt-ins opt-outs
>>
>>66490623

>Labour is going to win the next GE

cmon m8
>>
>>66490623
pretty sure benefits was one of the things Cameron managed to sort out with the EU not too long ago

but if you're just thinking "m-muh Ingurland they're all ABE/UK over there" have a read:
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/91ac6432-cbf5-11e5-a8ef-ea66e967dd44.html
>>
>>66490125
leftist here, honestly prefer trump to cuntlary

still couldn't vote for him as his smug disgusting face just makes my blood boil
>>
>>66489990
>the best way to kill the PL
>>
>>66490388
maybe for the next 5 years or so, but it would actually force clubs to invest in youth and would usher in a golden age of english players, much like all the all english sides that dominated the CL in the 80s
>>
>>66490687
>pretty sure benefits was one of the things Cameron managed to sort out with the EU not too long ago

not really, the problem of migrants coming to the uk from eu countries to claim benefits here is so miniscule - it's only an issue to 'sort out' in idiots' perceptions

agreed with the rest, we quite clearly can have power and sway with the eu - but when ukip get the most meps to try to do that it obviously won't go well

withdrawing from the common market won't do any good, unless you really do believe in some strange hype about the uk being the most important nation in the world that everyone will be begging to import our banking services and err....steel?

>>66490747

lol, germany, spain and france manage just fine producing youth players and being in the eu - leaving the eu probably won't do much for workers movement anyway (will probably be forced to accept it if we want semi-decent trade deals)
>>
Spain, Germany, and France are all in EU and have plenty of foreigners in their league yet still maintain to produce world class talent in most positions
>>
>>66490388
ironically enough, the golden age of english teams in european competition happened when their teams were 100% british.
>>
>>66490764
>uk being the most important nation in the world that everyone will be begging to import our banking services and err....steel?
Nobody believes that the UK is the most powerful nation in the world any more, but we have a lot of valuable industries aside from the service sector. The City is not the financial capital of the world because of Poorope, it's because it can trade with both the US and East Asia in the same day (being prime meridian does that) and we speak English.
>>
>>66490084
same angle they use in any catalonia independence talk and fc barcelona. Grasping at straws
>>
>>66491025
>The City is not the financial capital of the world because of Poorope,

actually having access to the eu common market while being anglosphere has led to a lot of american investment, while they will likely consider shifting to france or germany if we pull out of the eu

we don't have that much to offer outside of service industries (not that there's anything wrong with that, we're very good at it and it creates plenty of wealth) compared to other nations

i was more having a go at a lot of the bluster of the likes of boris johnson and the out campaign in general, it plays on a lot of underlying sentiment of 'b...b...but we used to rule the world you know'
>>
>Foreigners leave
>More chances for home bred talent
>If the commercial success goes down then EPL money might return to some sense of normality

All sounds positive desu, its not like foreigners play great football either considering how many team park the bus
>>
>>66491078
the foreign investment will not really change because we're still in Europe. The small tariffs that would imposed would not necessitate the huge overheads of moving operations to the continent.
>we don't have that much to offer outside of service industries
Rolls Royce
BAE
Several major car firms
JCB
Caterpillar
to name but a few. We make a surprising amount, but because we aren't down t'pit every day any more people think we don't have industry
>>
>Britcucks wanting to leave the EU so the Tories can put their currently illegal internet censorship laws into place

Top lel, can't wait for Britcucks to all be unable to access 4chan.
>>
>>66490747
all other countries' clubs were majorly composed of players of their nationality. If Barça and Bayern are able to pick any player from anywhere, and decide to actually do so, while ManU can only pick English players, obviously the latter will be fucked.
>>
>>66490496
>In addition, it's reasonable to expect that EU countries will be salty as fuck after Brexit
That won't matter when the companies that are lobbying them want them to get a deal sorted that won't hurt them. They need to export to the UK this salty theory is a meme
>>
>>66491218
>Britcucks to all be unable to access 4chan.
music in my ears
>>
>>66490514
>the EU is the only balance to democracy we have
>>
>>66491218
We would be leaving the EU not the ECHR
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.