[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> Argentine superstar Lionel Messi has caused an uproar i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 17
> Argentine superstar Lionel Messi has caused an uproar in Egypt after offering to donate his boots for a charity auction.

>In Arab countries, shoes are a symbol of disrespect or insult and Messi's gesture has unfortunately been misinterpreted by some people in Egypt as a national insult.

> The Egyptian Football Association joined the nationwide condemnation of the Barcelona star's gesture.

> "I'm confused, if he intends to humiliate us, then I say he better put those shoes on his head and on the heads of the people supporting him," he added.

> "Give your shoes to your country, Argentina is full of poverty."

> "We have never been humiliated during our seven thousand years of civilisation. I will hit you with the shoes, Messi," Hasasin said on an Egyptian television show.

http://www.business-standard.com/article/news-ians/messi-causes-uproar-in-egypt-with-boot-donation-116033000849_1.html

This is why we need more education in terms of muslim culture and traditions. You can't just make gifts like that- unacceptable.
>>
>>66479226
This is why we need to eradicate muslim culture and traditions.

FTFY
>>
>>66479226
> This is why we need more education in terms of muslim culture and traditions. You can't just make gifts like that- unacceptable.

I hope you're being ironic Hans...
>>
>>66479226
>We have never been humiliated during our seven thousand years of civilisation
yeah, sure lel
>>
>>66479226
if he intended to humiliate them, he'd call his Barca buttbuddies to lay down the law on some Egyptian sand people team
>>
Donate AK47's instead.
>>
Here in Chile we gift our dicks to foreign women, its our symbol of full respect to them. What if you let me gift my dick to your mom? It's all about culture shit, dont be an asshole Hans.
>>
>In Arab countries, shoes are a symbol of disrespect or insult
>This is why we need more education in terms of muslim culture and traditions

lel
>>
you can imagine one of Messi's reps talk to him and say "we'd like to give your shoes after a game to a fan in an auction"

>"eee? ok"
and then walked away to his cheese pizza
>>
>>66479226
they are just butt hurt halal isn't going to win any trophies this year
>>
>Hasasin said on an Egyptian television show

Hasasin literally translates to "the easily offended" in Arabic. You can't make this shit up.
>>
>its another muslims get offended by literally everything episode

can we just glass these cunts already
>>
>this lack of respect

Disgusting
>>
>donates item sure to bring in money to charitable auction
>sand niggers still get offended

literally blacklivesmatter tier entitlement
>>
>>66479269
I don't think that was a Hans, more of a Mahmoud.
>>
>GDP Per Capita Buenos Aires (2008): $40,828 USD

>GDP Per Capita Cairo (2008): a goat's head
>>
I remember my dad told me when he was fighting in Somalia the locals got pissed because the US troops would fly with their feet dangling outside the helicopter and I guess in Somali culture showing the bottom of your feet to someone is greatly offensive

Weird folks
>>
>>66479346
Could you be a little less american? Your post reflect literally all the stupidity of your nation.
>>
life must be rough as an Arab foot fetishist
>>
Are actual Egyptians offended by all of these niggers claiming to be descended from the ancient pharaohs?
>>
Isn't it also muslim tradition to be considered the "alpha" if you leave the room last? There was this one video of 2 sheikhs fighting over who would leave the room last after Kerry or Bush or some shit, ended up being cringe material.
>>
This is why that one nigga throwing his shoes at Bush was so offensive
>>
april fools coming early?
>>
File: 83.jpg (14 KB, 215x100) Image search: [Google]
83.jpg
14 KB, 215x100
>Getting mad for a gift

Sandniggers should learn about other cultures before joining the international community.
>>
>>66479381
>be less than the country you are from
Can you be anymore of a fucking retard, texas?

Not that I expect anything better than a shitty poster
>>
You people suck.
>>
>>66479399

kek that's like when i was 14 and didn't want to hang up the phone first with my girlfriend
mudslimes are pathetic
>>
>>66479419
t. Ahmed
>>
Then, how offensive is this flag?
>>
>>66479419
Hello Ahmed!
>>
>>66479421
>tfw your one true love got dragged to Kurdistan by her billionaire father to help with construction projects, and it's been almost a year since you've seen her, and despite her being your one true motivation to lift, you getting /fit/ seems mundane if you never see her again, since at this rate, she's most likely gonna be set in an arranged marriage since her parents are idiots following archaic traditions when realistically, in both your hearts, you know that you're meant to be together, and the chick you ended up fucking over the Easter holiday meant nothing to you and ended up getting pissed that you told her to leave after round 1 of fucking cause you weren't into round 2 and no amount of booze, weed, and pussy will ever fill the gap of loneliness, and realization that you're stuck in a dead-end country with zero government, zero accountability, and little to no cultural freedom.

I don't even know man..
>>
File: 1449669314659.jpg (48 KB, 330x319) Image search: [Google]
1449669314659.jpg
48 KB, 330x319
>>66479226
>We have never been humiliated during our seven thousand years of civilisation.
Egypt lost a war against Israel that only lasted 7 - 11 days and Egypt were the ones that invaded. If that isn't humiliating I don't know what is.
>>
>>66479226
>We have never been humiliated during our seven thousand years of civilisation. I will hit you with the shoes, Messi," Hasasin said on an Egyptian television show.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottoman%E2%80%93Mamluk_War_(1516%E2%80%9317)
>>
File: oldshoes[1].jpg (25 KB, 400x252) Image search: [Google]
oldshoes[1].jpg
25 KB, 400x252
>>66479419
relax, omar
>>
>yfw CR7 beheads Messi during el clasico
>>
>>66479226

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK OFFFFFFFFFFFF!

I HOPE YOU FUCKING DIE

THIS IS WHY WE NEED MORE EDUCATION IN TERMS OF MUSLIM CULTURE AND TRADITIONS MORE LIKE WE NEED MORE EDUCATION IN TERMS OF MUSLIM REMOVAL AND EXTERMINATION YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT ROACH

WHAT'S UNACCEPTABLE IS THAT YOU'RE RAPING YOUR SISTER EVERY DAY BECAUSE YOU CAN'T FOR THE LIFE OF YOU MANAGE TO WED HER OFF TO SOME FAT MUSLIM ASSHOLE

WHAT'S UNACCEPTABLE IS THAT YOU'RE ALLOWED TO WALK AROUND FREE WITHOUT IDENTIFICATION LIKE THE DOG YOU ARE

I WOULD VERY MUCH LIKE TO HONOR YOUR CULTURE AND TRADITION AND SEVER YOUR HEAD WITH A RUSTY MACHETE AND OFFER IT AS A GIFT TO YOUR FAMILY BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT YOU GUYS DO FOR PLEASANTRIES DOWN IN THE FUCKING DESERT YOU COME FROM YOU FUCKING ARAB CUNT

IN WESTERN COUNTRIES IT'S A SYMBOL OF DISRESPECT TO FORCE YOURSELF ONTO OTHERS WITHOUT THEIR CONSENT JUST LIKE YOU AND YOUR ENTIRE SHIT TIER MUDSLIME RACE HAVE FORCED THEMSELVES ONTO OUR COUNTRIES. I HOPE YOU'RE AROUND WHEN THE FUCKING REVOLUTION HITS SO YOU CAN MISINTERPRET A ROPE TO YOUR NECK FOR A FASHIONABLE GARMENT I MEAN WHAT THE FUCK DO I KNOW YOUR WOMEN WEAR LITERAL GARBAGE BAGS ALL THE TIME BECAUSE THEY'RE TOO REPUGNANT TO BE LET OUT ON THE LOOSE YOU DISGUSTING PIECE OF SHIT

GIVE YOUR SHOES TO YOUR COUNTRY ARGENTINA IS FULL OF POVERTY HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THATS SO FUNNY

DOES YOUR COUNTRY EVEN HAVE A STABLE GOVERNMENT OR NOT? I'VE LOST TRACK OF ALL THE FUCKING REVOLUTIONS IN THE PAST YEARS. YOU'VE BEEN AROUND FOR SEVEN THOUSAND YEARS AND FUCKING SUBSAHARAN AFRICAN COUNTRIES ARE MORE ADVANCED THAN YOU AND THEY LITERALLY DIDN'T EVEN EXIST 100 YEARS AGO.

FUCK OFF AND DIE GENOCIDE WILL COME SOON
>>
Well its their culture. You people need to stop pretending everybody has to follow western customs.
>>
>>66479226
>that flag
>defending the mudslims

be careful with what you do Hans
>>
>>66479513
>help with construction projects
Funny way of spelling "become ISIS jihadi bride"
>>
File: halal.jpg (106 KB, 720x916) Image search: [Google]
halal.jpg
106 KB, 720x916
This should settle the debate on Arabs preferring Halal and Donaldo over Barcelona and their cross
Saturday's clasico will have all of the Arab world supporting Real Madrid
>>
>>66479521
Getting massacred by a Napoleon on vacation wasn't exactly their proudest moment either.
>>
>>66479540
>IN WESTERN COUNTRIES IT'S A SYMBOL OF DISRESPECT TO FORCE YOURSELF ONTO OTHERS WITHOUT THEIR CONSENT JUST LIKE YOU AND YOUR ENTIRE SHIT TIER MUDSLIME RACE HAVE FORCED THEMSELVES ONTO OUR COUNTRIES.

you sure you are not talking about yuropoors instead?
>>
Fuck 100% of muslims
>>
>>66479543
and they need to stop getting so butthurt every time a foreigner doesn't know their retarded customs
>SHOES, MESSI GAVE US HIS SHOES FOR CHARITY! STONE HIM!
fookin retards lel
>>
>>66479540
> IN WESTERN COUNTRIES IT'S A SYMBOL OF DISRESPECT TO FORCE YOURSELF ONTO OTHERS WITHOUT THEIR CONSENT JUST LIKE YOU AND YOUR ENTIRE SHIT TIER MUDSLIME RACE HAVE FORCED THEMSELVES ONTO OUR COUNTRIES.
Remember that whole colonisation thing? I know Norway wasn't very good at it but payback is a bitch all the same.
>>
>>66479569
>Norway
>European

nice meme
>>
>>66479555
kek, funny enough I envisioned that way too many times.

Doggies are winning the league, Des will not be denied. Fight me.
>>
>>66479606
>going to europe to destroy civilisation is payback for europeans going to shitholes and intrducing civilisation

wew lad
>>
File: 1459275679547.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1459275679547.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>66479605
this
the worst part is that messi is gonna have to apologize
>>
>>66479605
Well then he needs to explain he didnt know about their costums and donate his tshirt instead
>>
>>66479619
FUCK YOU! I WILL FIGHT YOU FOR THAT DISRESPECT TO THE DOCKERS!

>tfw whole family has lived in Fremantle for 3 generations.
>>
>>66479647
Jesus christ thats terrible. Poor messi, will he ever recover?
>>
>>66479663
Was talking about NRL senpai. I tried introducing my friends in Lebanon to AFL since we get it on cable, one guy loved it.

His dad's reaction when watching was "hahaha, that's a pretty gay sport".
>>
wew it's sure not like Muslims to over react to something
>>
>>66479647

>joe hart will never drop the ball there and give messi a GOAT moment where he steals it from behind and scores
>messi will now forever be seen as an autits
>>
>>66479226
> "We have never been humiliated during our seven thousand years of civilisation. I will hit you with the shoes, Messi,"

literally we wuz
>>
>>66479226
>seven thousand years of civilization
>>
>shoes are a symbol of disrespect or insult

As disrespectful as wearing shoes inside your own house?
>>
>>66479656
It's quite obvious he didn't know, only a retard or an animal would need clarification
>donate his t-shirt
lel fuck them
>b-but w-we have never been humiliated in 7000 years
still laughing at that one, fookin mongs

>>66479647
that webm is hilarious
>>
>>66479743
>civilization
for that matter
>>
>>66479392
Egypt has a bigger "we wuz romans n shiet" complex than europeans. They call their country "mother of the world".
>>
>>66479226
>We have never been humiliated during our seven thousand years of civilisation.

To be brutally honest, I haven't seen a single year of civilization in a Muslim country.
>>
File: thread.jpg (3 KB, 126x122) Image search: [Google]
thread.jpg
3 KB, 126x122
>>
Would it be less of an offense if he'd offered his trousers?
>>
>>66479773
They did kind of invented, or discovered, Algebra.
>>
>>66479773
then you clearly haven't studied history
>>
>>66479540
Calm down, Ole
>"IN WESTERN COUNTRIES IT'S A SYMBOL OF DISRESPECT TO FORCE YOURSELF ONTO OTHERS WITHOUT THEIR CONSENT"
But thr egyptians need to forcibly conform to the european culture?
>>
>>66479775
>triggered darkskin defender
FIGHT
AND
WIN
>>
>>66479226
>seven thousand years of civilisation and still a complete shithole
wew well played lads
>>
File: julius caesar.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
julius caesar.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
>We have never been humiliated during our seven thousand years of civilization
>>
Can we like erase them off existence?

Holy shit
>>
Inb4 Arda kills him to avenge his muslims friends and we can't win the Champions.
>>
File: 1444252923015.gif (1 MB, 250x168) Image search: [Google]
1444252923015.gif
1 MB, 250x168
>'You don't know that the nail of a baby Egyptian is worth more than your shoes? Keep your shoes to yourself or sell them to Israel.'

classic
>>
File: IMAGE.jpg (21 KB, 532x573) Image search: [Google]
IMAGE.jpg
21 KB, 532x573
>>66479540
>>
>>66479793
History can never lie, am I right?
>>
>>66479538

wieso musste ich lachen?
>>
>>66479822
I wonder how Arda feels about all this, would the rest of the players crack jokes in the locker room about how stupid this is with him present
>>
>>66479875
They'd probably ask him how he feels about it during training or lunch or a tactics session or just in private, you dipshit.
>>
File: pope.jpg (25 KB, 460x345) Image search: [Google]
pope.jpg
25 KB, 460x345
>>66479822
plot twist: Arda accepts christianity in Barcelona because the God himself plays there
>>
>>66479606
>Remember that whole colonisation thing? I know Norway wasn't very good at it

Iceland, Faroe Islands, Greenland and huge portions of Britain to name a few. I bet either you or some shitposting friends of yours have Norwegian ancestry.
>>
>>66479894
clam down, emre
>>
>>66479894
look at this salty kebab
>>
>gifting someone your worn shoes

UGHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>66479900
> Iceland, Faroe Islands, Greenland
barely habitable shitholes.
>>
>>66479931
Wasn't really easy to make it habitable back then desu, gotta give credit to where it's due when a crew high from 'shrooms habit shitholes and make them last for over a thousand years.
>>
File: 1334569506842.jpg (147 KB, 498x1000) Image search: [Google]
1334569506842.jpg
147 KB, 498x1000
>>66479540
>>
>>66479931
>said the Australian
>>
>>
>>66479656
Fuck you, you piece of shit. Shitty mudslime countries need to learn about customs outside their shithole.
>>
>be around for 7000 years
>accomplish less than a percent the US has done in 300 years

WE
E
>>
>I tried to feed a wild dog and it bit me

Serves Messi right for trying to help those backwards neanderthal fucks
>>
>>66479647
Joe Harts looks like a fucking bird with that movement in his head. And that fucking expression after he throw the ball, what the fuck this guy is hilarus.
>>
Is there anything that doesn't offend at least some Arabs?
>>
>>66479875
>Turks don't get offended by shoes like Arabs
>Turks hate Arabs
>Arda probably laughing his ass off at the Arab butthurt
>>
>>66479226
To be honest I can understand why the egyptians are mad.

>“Messi, we Egyptians are 90 million people, who have pride, we have shoes. We don’t eat off the money of other peoples’ shoes. I would have understood if he donated his Barcelona uniform to the Egyptians, it’s accepted. But just the shoes?
Egyptian (and any north african country for that matters) are rather proud, Just imagine yourself in the street, you cross some richfag that, seeing what you are wearing, take off his socks and give them to you (yes my example is shit). He then tells you to sell them so you can afford something "decent". Wouldn't you take that as an insult? Maybe they saw it like that.

Bandwagonning. Someone hear the story from another one and jump in the shitstorm without thinking about it.

But ultimately the egyptian are wrong because

He donated the boots to a charity auction, not to the country, therefore it was a gesture( be it insult, help,whatever) intended to the charity auction, not the people.
>“This is so false. It’s a trend on our show that we take a souvenier from our guest and put it on auction for charity,” El-Sharkawy told news agency Ahram. “I am surprised, I didn’t say we will be giving it to charity in Egypt or any other place. I don’t know why they said he is presenting it to Egypt. This was never said.”

You can't expect a foreigner especially someone from the other side of the atlantic to know about your country memes and thus to respect them.

>In Arab countries, shoes are a symbol of disrespect or insult and Messi's gesture has unfortunately been misinterpreted by some people in Egypt as a national insult.
First time I heard of that but it sound plausible.

>our seven thousand years of civilisation
Hasasin pls

source of the greentext: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/30/lionel-messi-blasted-egyptian-politician-humiliating-boot-donation
>>
File: giphy.gif (480 KB, 493x342) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
480 KB, 493x342
>>66481410
>>66481410
>>66481410
>>66481410

He's a FOOTball player he gave away his FOOTball shoes as a gift to raise money for sandnigger kids. The best FOOTball player to ever live on this planet gifted his shoes ( notice how foot and shoes kinda go hand in hand, or should I say... foot on foot) in a trash tier sandnigger kebab show.

Fuck off with your pointless argumentation and stay the fuck away from my country or things will get haram.
>>
>>66481782

>But ultimately the egyptian are wrong
Next time you might want to finish reading the post before passing for a retard
>>
>>66480140
shoulders of giants la
>>
>>66481410
>Egyptian (and any north african country for that matters) are rather proud, Just imagine yourself in the street, you cross some richfag that, seeing what you are wearing, take off his socks and give them to you (yes my example is shit). He then tells you to sell them so you can afford something "decent". Wouldn't you take that as an insult? Maybe they saw it like that.

who knows, but this argument has serious flaws imo.
Messi is much more than just a rich fag.
He's a celebrity, some sort of human-deity if you allow me. And his shoos are not just shoos, are the tools that he uses to craft his meme magic and he offers them as a gift to you.
And you get offended? fuck off ...
>>
>>66481410
>[...] take off his socks and give them to you [...]. He then tells you to sell them so you can afford something "decent". Wouldn't you take that as an insult? Maybe they saw it like that.
A t-shirt would've been no problem, it's all about PC whinning about western devils offending muh traditions.

He gave them the most valuable thing a footballer can give, both in kit value and above all, symbolically. Oh, and he's the best footballer in the world... you might want to throw that in.

I really hope Messi takes his shoes back and give them fuck all... so then everyone asks that media attention whoring fag to give the children the hundreds of thousands of dollars some suddenly-not-offended-by-shoes sheik would've offered in the bid.

Btw: if a muslim player gets to be Golden Boot; will he turn down the award? I mean, surely he'll be gravely offended!...
>>
File: twit.jpg (60 KB, 709x404) Image search: [Google]
twit.jpg
60 KB, 709x404
>>66481959
>He's a celebrity, some sort of human-deity
I don't think the average egyptian or average anything considers him as "human-deity", just a celebrity.

Also I wasn't trying to defend the egyptians ragers, just trying to make people understand them. Hasasin is being retarded or maybe just trying to advertise himself as le people's defender.And it's not like everyone is siding with Hasasin in Egypt, a lot of people are calling out the absurdity of his claims.
>>
>>66482106
>Also I wasn't trying to defend the egyptians
yep, I know. Just expressed my opinion about that argument.
>>
>>66482092
>Btw: if a muslim player gets to be Golden Boot; will he turn down the award? I mean, surely he'll be gravely offended!...
omg you nailed it
I have a new dream now
>FIFA starts a new online poll to vote for the Golden Boot award during next WC
>/sp/ makes a muslim player win
>muslim wolrd goes bananas
71 get
>>
It is clear Messi needs some Muslim sensitivity training
>>
>>66479606
t. Ahmed Mohammed Abdullah
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.