[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
England
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: england.png (5 KB, 1280x768) Image search: [Google]
england.png
5 KB, 1280x768
>cant even beat some literally who holland team

how do we fix this shit?
>>
Kidnap some Pakis at young age and train them in some football gulag.

You could expect a good team in 15 years
>>
;^)
>>
Didn't your u19 just beat Spain?
>>
Remove all Liverpoop and Neverton players from squad
>>
Milner, Walcott, Sturridge and Barkley all come from the golden generation school of entitlement and fear when it comes to the national team. Entitlement to get in the squad, but fear of fucking up and the country hating them when they actually play.

If there's one thing it made clear it's that Kane, Alli and Dier are all absolute musts. They play for England with an energy, desire and lack of fear which I haven't seen in any player since Euro 96 bar Beckham. Whatever Pochettino has done to get them so fired up is working and I hope it continues, the spirit in that Spurs dressing room is clearly a step above the mercenaries everywhere else.
>>
>>66476126
Would agree with you any other year but their team this year is so obviously different.
>>
>Demechilis
>>
>>66476082
right answer but people won't have it cause england beat the mighty germany with hummels and 3 literally whos in defense
>>
Delle Alli is the real deal needs to be nurtured a proper number 10
>>
>>66476241
Hmmm.
>>
>>66476060
Don't play people who don't know how to play midfield in midfield

Seriously Barkley is a 10 or a winger and not a very good one, Milner is a rubbish winger.

Drinkwater was completely isolated and it completely nullified our build up play. All the chances were created by the pacey fullbacks running down the line, we may have just played the defence, Drinkwater and Vardy.

Holland took their chances from woeful Everton defending. Seriously why were there so many Everton players? Reminds me of when Roy played loads of Liverpool players in the world cup because Suarez carried them up the table, except this time they have a worse player carrying them in lukaku and a much much worse overall team

Roy once again showed he is completely clueless and whenever he does get a result it's a fluke or the other team are dreadful. It was like he didn't even have a game plan for last night and none of the players looked bothered. Seriously if I wanted to watch that shite I'd watch arsenal, but I was hoping the internationals would be a nice break
>>
>>66476118
You do know Barkley is like 22?
>>
>>66476289
I'm saying he shares the same attitude as those players lad
>>
Hart
Clyne - ? - smallish - rose
Dier - ?
Barkley-Alli-Sterling
Kane

For me we've got to start like this. Sterling plays well for England. We've got some serious youth in this team and desire I've not seen for years. It would be good to get this team playing together aswell ahead of the world cup
>>
>WE GONNA WIN DA EUROS
>IT'S COMING HOME LADS
>WE VARDY NAO

Glad we could give you a reality check. Hopefully this will make the disappointment of going out in the groups yet again sting a little bit less.
>>
>we should have 11 memesters from le based Lester lads and spurs
>Drinkwater, rose and walker were all shite
Ayy /sp/ knows nothing about football
>>
>>66476378
Drinkwater wasn't shit, he did his job fine.
>>
Wilshire is fucking shit and has not played all season, anyone who complains about players like Rooney being there on past form and then calls for Wilshire needs a brain scan
>>
>>66476388
He stood there whilst the game went on around him like a true pro
>>
>caring about friendlies

it's great for banter but doesn't really serve any other purpose
>>
>>66476403
What does le English pirlo actually do other than try gerrardesque Hollywood passes and foul people?
>>
>>66476405
your only saying that because you lost to england
>>
>>66476493
and one 4:1 against our nemesis?
>>
>>66476499
won*
>>
>>66476333

>clyne
>barkley
>sterling

nah, walker for clyne because theyre about the same and walker will have understanding with alli + dier + kane

cahill at cb, older head and can actually defend sometimes unlike stones

henderson alongside dier (who else is there?? wilshere if he's fit - but he won't be)

vardy for barkley, put him up alongisde kane - he'll stretch defences whereas no-one else really will

rooney for sterling in behin those two - let's face it he's going to play, and in terms of actually having a relatively balanced side he'll only really work in behind two strikers and ahead of a few centre mids
>>
>>66476538
drinkwater
>>
>>66476338
Holland were absolute shite desu.

Giving away a shit penalty after a unlucky slip and conceding another when i was an obvious penalty.

8 changes from saturday and it showed. should have still won the game though.

Get rid of Lallana, Barkley, Sterling and Walcott and we might have a chance of winning it.
>>
>>66476547

maybe, still not entirely sold on him - and henderson seems physically more capable, probably wouldn't make much difference
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6MkmonoaSw
>>
>>66476561

what is sterling doing in there? he didnt play and is clearly better than those other 3, especially as we have nobody else who can take someone on down the wing
>>
>>66476248
Reminds me of a young Francesco Totti he got that style and talent
>>
>>66476575
>take someone on
literally just pace, he has no end product. He's living off half a good season and city spending stupid money on him.
>>
>>66476060
GK. Joe Hart
LB. Danny Rose
RB. Kyle Walker
CB. Chris Smalling
CB. Ryan Shawcross
MC. Danny Drinkwater
MC. Eric Dier
AML. Jamie Vardy
AMC. Dele Alli
AMR. Ross Barkley
FC. Harry Kane

Subs.
Fraser Forster
Nathaniel Clyne
Adam Lallana
John Stones
Wayne Rooney
James Milner
Rahim Sterling
>>
>>66476333
>>66476538
I think these posts are actually on point and agree with everything, except I would start Clyne because he's seemlessly better at attacking, defending, and he's two footed which is a big plus for me, Clyne should be the only Liverpool starter.

Dier should be starting without a doubt, he offers so much more as the holding midfielder and is a great cover for the CB, the fact we can bring Dier at his age and ability just shows our uncessecasey need for John Stones to be in the 23, I wouldn't take him.

Partnering Dier should be a box to box, Henderson isn't a fantastic holding, but he's proven to be pretty decent counter attacking with some creative passing, but I would prefer Drinkwater in that position, the role he plays for Leicester.

The front 4 should be Vardy wide left, Alli centre, Sterling wide right, up front Kane. They need to be seemless and transition in to different positions except Sterling who should forget cutting inside and stick to the width, England is crying out for width.

4-2-3-1 solid.
Hart
Clyne - Cahill - Smalling - Rose
Dier - Henderson
Sterling - Alli - Vardy
Kane

4-3-3 look
Hart
Clyne - Cahill - Smalling - Rose
Dier - Drinkwater
Alli
Rooney - Kane - Vardy
>>
>>66476665

would like to see the dirst one

the pace of clyne, rose, sterling and vardy will give problems and then the way alli and kane link up would give problems in the middle too

henderson and dier should be an ok screen for the defence as well

it's still not a fantastic team, but it's so much more promising than we've had in quite some time
>>
>>66476722
Yeah the first is the formation and team I would start with, if we're really needing to fit Rooney (I don't think there's any doubt Rooney will be starting.) It should be Rooney replacing Sterling, but then we lose the width, though the 4-3-3 look Roy has been going for will finally be put to good use.

The diamond was an awful idea from the start, was evident vs Holland the amount of players not suited to that formation or play, Sturridge, Vardy both with their backs to play, Milner and Barkley both irrelevant, Lallana, okay he did alright but he's not a winger and Alli is far superior inside. Rose and Walker are supposed to push dramatically up the pitch in that shape and they didn't. Meaning Stones pissed about further up, and nullified Drinkwater's holding position, a position he shouldn't have started in anywa.

Drinkwater was excellent, outstanding cover for the defence vs Holland, but he's a box to box midfielder that likes to get forward in to pockets of space; he should be playing where Milner spent all night doing nothing.

It will be such a shame if Roy doesn't take Drinkwater all because of that one bad shape / team / fluidity result vs Holland with sketchy goals.

What is it with Roy playing Leicester players out of position?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.