[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are the Warriors, dare I say it, better than the 95-96 Bulls?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: wp-1448484966886.jpg (89 KB, 672x372) Image search: [Google]
wp-1448484966886.jpg
89 KB, 672x372
Are the Warriors, dare I say it, better than the 95-96 Bulls?
>>
They would smoke the bulls. They simply play a better style of basketball. To beat the Warriors you have to pray they have a off shooting night.
>>
Who would win in a 7 game series between the two?
>>
>>66474909
Faggot
>>
>>66474910
To be honest, it could go either way. I think it would be incredibly close if we're talking both teams in their prime, but I'd probably give the edge to the Warriors.
>>
Can't compare. Bulls played in a more physical era and had the refs heavily on their side.
>>
File: 108993165.jpg (147 KB, 594x465) Image search: [Google]
108993165.jpg
147 KB, 594x465
>>66474888

No

>>66474910

Bulls in 5, too much D
>>
Bulls faced better competition. NBA in general was far more competitive in the 90's. The league has changed for the worse.
>>
>>66474910

Bulls, their perimeter defense is GOAT.

>MJ guarding Steph
>Scottie guarding Klay
>Rodman guardian Draymond

Warriors are fucked.
>>
Yes

Jordan played in the era of 'illegal defense', where you had to guard man on man and if you shaded to discourage a drive or wasn't 3 feet from your man for longer than a second you'd get foul shots against you.

Warriors as a team are also more athletic and much better shooters.
>>
File: 1454170702079.jpg (28 KB, 362x263) Image search: [Google]
1454170702079.jpg
28 KB, 362x263
>>66474888
>Are the Warriors, dare I say it, better than the 95-96 Bulls?
>>
>>66474983
Oh look. He states a bunch of myths which have been statistically proven to be untrue.

Warriors in 5.

Rodman would get exposed on offense in today's NBA just like Tony Allen.
>>
>>66474993
/thread
>>
>>66474953
>implying they dont cater to jump shooting teams now
>steph averages 5 free throws in games 9+ points
>averages 13+ when the margin is under 9
>>
Here's that "elite" defense everyone talks about. Lol they were dog shit. It was the era of run n gun. I wanna see Jordan drive on a modern zone defense. He was horrible from 3 point range too.

>yfw they moved the 3 point line up in 95/96 and 96/97
>yfw jordan Took 70 percent of his 3s during these 2 years
>still only a 33 percent career 3 point shooter

That's the sound of your anus imploding.

https://youtu.be/YiCpet86WRQ
>>
>>66474993
>>MJ guarding Steph
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiCpet86WRQ
>>
Honestly the 2000-2001 Lakers would booty blast both these teams in a playoff series.
>>
>>66475050

Jordan was god-tier at the midrange jumper.

And the late 90s was as far from run n gun as it got since the shot clock was introduced.
>>
>>66475057

Any team without an all-time elite defensive big would automatically lose to the 00-01 Lakers in a series because of Shaw.
>>
>>66474993
those fucking matchups, gottdamn that'd be fun to watch
>>
>>66475050
Anybody care to show me what they're doing defensively that makes the 90s so elite?

Curry would shit on half these players if they fail to double him 6 ft beyond the arc.
>>
>>66475050
Its like you never played basketball

You beat a zone by drive and dish, and for a guy like Jordan, he is the undisputed GOAT at driving into the lane. Zone wouldnt do jack shit
>>
>>66475073
It's like you think they'd let him drive at all? I guarantee they'd crash down on him everytime. If you were to auto transport those bulls teams into the modern NBA, they wouldn't even beat the spurs. Why do we acknowledge that every sport on the planet has become more competitive and more skillful EXCEPT BASKETBALL? Even though more people are playing it than ever...we've somehow digressed. Complete delusion.

Warriors outshoot the bulce errytime.
>>
>>66475111

>It's like you think they'd let him drive at all? I guarantee they'd crash down on him everytime.

Kinda like the what the Pistons did before the Bulls started winning championships?
>>
>>66475015
This is true. Bulls would win if the game was played by their era's rules. Jordan would play iso all day erryday.

Warriors would win under modern rules - they take advantage of the prohibition against hand checking by cutting and moving the ball, and they have the shooters to capitalize.
>>
>>66475178
Draymond is by far better than pippen.

It's just Air Jordan wearing Nike nostalgia fags spouting the same myths over and over.
>>
>>66475196
I actually somewhat agree. Both team we're built to succeed on their own eras.

But the wildcard is can you stop Curry in iso in the 90s? With an even shorter 3 point line?
>>
>>66475028
>Rodman would get exposed on offense in today's NBA

Rodman was never there for his offensive potential. You're just being silly.
>>
>>66475231
Nah. Curry is a better shooter off the screen. Iso would force him to make his own separation or drive to the hoop and get hacked.
>>
>>66475212
>>
File: Reggie.jpg (127 KB, 762x1049) Image search: [Google]
Reggie.jpg
127 KB, 762x1049
>>66475069
>They wouldn't know how to handle Curry because there weren't elite shooters in the 90's

Riiiiiiight
>>
Warriors are a far superior passing team, a and have the 2 best shooters in history, they have an All-defense center, an All-defense All-star power foward, better bench. they would beat the Bulls.

stats dont lie

16 warriors - 9.2 blocks per game
96 bulls - 4.2 blocks per game

16 warriors - 115.5 pts per game
96 bulls - 105.2 pts per game

16 warriors - 29.2 assists per game
96 bulls - 24.5 assists per game

16 warriors - 46.2 total rebounds per game
96 bulls - 44.6 total rebounds per game

16 warriors - 13 3pt made per game
96 bulls - 6.6 3pt made per game

The list goes on.
>>
>>66475268
You don't even watch the warriors. Steph is renowned for his ability to create space and nail the jumper.

>>66475241
How old are you? Do you watch basketball? Rodman is an offensive liability. He is a non threat outside of offensive rebounding. You realize what that means? You don't guard him. You camp in the lane and laugh when the ball is in his hands. Thus, offensive inefficiency. Rodman in the modern NBA would be an elite rebounding Tony Allen at best.
>>
>>66475291
>Luke Walton out coaching Phil Jackson
>>
>>66475282
No. Again, Curry is shooting light years ahead of anything reggie miller ever did.

Again, tell me curry doesn't shoot 50 percent from 3s with a 3 point line that's EVEN CLOSER than what it is now.
>>
>>66475268
>He thinks curry needs space to shoot
>>
>>66475297
>implying phil jackson was a good coach
>>
ITT: san fran fags influenced by social media
>>
>>66475307

>with Jordan guarding him

As if. Plus, Steph would get like 8 turnovers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVb5x8WIwH8
>>
>>66475293

You didn't watch basketball back then or you don't understand basketball if you think Rodman was a non threat offensively, he was a good passer and an excellent screener (and not the bullshit illegal screen shit that plagues the league today), offenses performed better with him on the floor his entire career, quite frankly you don't know shit about basketball, try educating yourself about the game before you engage in conversation about it in the future
>>
>>66475111
The best shooting guard in the league today is James "the cuck" Harden, the best shooting guard in the league in the 90s was Michael Jordan

That is a significant gulf in quality, and save for point guard where it can be said to be equal if not in favor of today (Gary Payton would shut steph down like no other), every position sees that gulf in quality, especially center. The 5th best center in the league in the 90s would be the best center in today's league by miles.
>>
The rules are so different that comparison is pointless. The NBA has four main eras. Pre-shot clock, post-shot clock but pre-3 point line, and then the post-no handcheck era. The lack of hand checks and the complete freedom for a defense to move around and play infinite help defense has created a free flowing, anti-isolation perimeter-based game. The 72-10 Bulls don't have the shooting or the passing or the versatility to make it in the modern NBA and the current Warriors don't have the physicality to make it in the 90s NBA. Comparing Steph Curry and Michael Jordan is as pointless as comparing George Mikan to Bill Russell.
>>
>>66475349
I know all of you faggots are going to completely disregard this because of >muh intangibles but Jordan has one thing that I think would almost single handedly elevate the bulls over the warriors; a relentless, pathological, desire to win, even if it means grinding away the opposition. He isn't Lecuck james who gives up after 3 games in the finals, he won't shoot less than 40% from the field and less than 70% from the free throw line, he would press the issue every single game, he would will his team to victory, and he had the talent to be able to. I will give people saying the warriors the benefit the concession that the game is different now, and much more about spacing and 3 point shooting (though the spurs show you can be dominate and not have to rely on meme shots). This is discounting the rest of the bulls team; Kukoc was good enough behind the line to keep teams honest, Kerr was a sharp shooter, and Pippen while certainly not elite had range. Further though, given refs willingness to call fouls and send anyone driving to the line (see James Hardens' entire career) the rules in a way would favor Jordan's style of game.
>>
>>66475416
he had the perfect combination of freak athleticism, technical mastery, and competitive drive
>>
>>66475377
>tfw only memory of watching Rodman play was him kicking the camera man in the balls
>>
>>66474888
The Warriors are way better comparatively and competition in the NBA is much stronger today than 20 years ago. Back then it was a bunch of roid monkies slamming into each other whereas today the game is much more refined. 95-96 Jordan wouldn't average 15 points in today's NBA (please remember that he was a shit ass 3pt shooter.)

Let's not forget the issue of officiating. Up until the early 2000s NBA games were regularly refballed and Jordan was allowed to take 5 steps down the lane just because he was Jordan. He was also allowed to rake and punch people to get steals and not get fouls called on him. This was before the era of social media so the stories about him doing this disappeared by the next game. You can see him cheating in pretty much any game clip you can find on YouTube.

Jordan has had a better career than Curry but Curry has had two seasons now that dwarf any season Jordan has ever had in his career. To sum it up, this Warriors team would sweep any of Jordan's Bulls teams in 5.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.