[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The recent debate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
The recent debate
>>
>>66469347
NBA
H
L

Broship will soon be a thing
>>
>>66469347
Impartial MLB and NFL fan here, I enjoy that both have their playoffs right around the same time, and give me something to watch while I transition to baseball and then football. Cool sports to watch live.
>>
NHL is the far superior product
>>
>>66469347
NHL is clearly superior. There aren't any niggers in the NHL
>>
ITT: Basketball fans post NBA, while Hockey fans post NHL.
>>
>>66469896
NHL is boring shit. 90% of the effort is spent just trying to maintain possession. It's like soccer, but all of the strategy that makes soccer (barely) interesting is thrown out the window in favor of just having the puck and players flying around randomly.

Naturally, that appeals more to Americans who only watch sports to cheer when their team scores.
>>
Both have terrible refs
>>
>>66470043
Yeah, but can you fight or check someone in the NBA?
>>
>>66470043
>apehoop
>exciting
kek
KEK
K E K
>>
>>66469347
The problem with NBA is that there are never any upsets. The favourited team almost always wins.

The goaltending factor makes hockey more unpredictable and more exciting to watch.

Also basketball can be dominated by just one player. Someone like Lebron can win by himself.

Whereas in hockey you need the right mix of players to win. One star player doesn't make a winning team (except maybe a goalie).
>>
>>66473913
You don't watch much basketball, don't you?

>tfw both sports are great
>>
>>66473947
It's true though. The top defenceman in hockey play maybe 25 minutes a game and top forwards even less.

Which means your best players can only play maybe 1/3 of the game. The other 2/3 of the game you need other guys that can hold their own.

I don't mind basketball but hockey is much more of a team game that is more exciting imo.
>>
>>66473947
He's right though, no one player can influence a game like one player can in the NBA. Plus they have a much softer salary cap than NFL or NHL. It's why most fans don't even support teams they support players.
>>
>>66469347
NHL regular season is 10x more enjoyable if you know what is going on than NBA

both have fun playoffs
>>
Liked NBA more as a kid, even though my city doesn't have a team. Like NHL way more now.
>>
What is the biggest meme in the NHL?
>>
>>66469703
Does the NBA and fans go around calling it a product though? I'm slowly losing any ability to truly care about NHL as the constant repetition of "entertainment product" erodes my sensibility.
>>
File: pepe.png (660 KB, 1106x1012) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
660 KB, 1106x1012
>Sports that can only be played at specific temperatures
>Sports where you can't see the ball
>>
File: 1459287955539.jpg (101 KB, 496x544) Image search: [Google]
1459287955539.jpg
101 KB, 496x544
>>66474672
>>
>>66474715
Pierre knows a vast amount of things about every player and combines this with an awkward obsessive vibe that visibly bothers players at times, like he's that one relative you would never think of speaking to if not family
>>
>>66473947
I love bbal and am indifferent to hockey, but it's true. Mass scoring + a trillion games a season + 7 games playoff series takes out a lot of the variance out of the sport.
>>
>>66469347
>furpuck
>having to debate anything involving furpuck
>>
>>66469896
The NHL encourages whites to act like niggers, so the actual racial demographics of the players are meaningless. Nigger Hockey League, more like.
>>
>>66469347
I don't watch any of those, but I remember borrowing NHL 2000 for PlayStation from an American who went to my class.
It was quite fun and the game even included fight scenes, so my vote goes to NHL
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.