[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spinning/Flying attacks in MMA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: flyingknee.jpg (73 KB, 588x356) Image search: [Google]
flyingknee.jpg
73 KB, 588x356
I'm train JUDO/BJJ so I don't know anything about spinning/flying shit

Are flying knees or spinning moves actually more useful? Or are they just there to look pretty?

I feel like spinning moves just open you up to being picked off if they go wrong.

A good classic example is fedor vs arlovski where fedor drops arlovski mid flying knee

more recently sage lolcut got rekt right after failing a cartwheel kick

convince me /asp/, why are spinning moves effective?
>>
>>66460757

because they generate more force

why don't you go google some fights where they end it with spinning shit?

Jose Aldo did a double flying knee to finish Cub swanson
Dong hyun Kim had a spinning elbow KO

etc

all moves open you up to a counter

that's why you use certain moves when your opponent is vulnerable to it or when you are confident that you can get away with it
>>
File: TRTor.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
TRTor.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
SPINNING SHIT
>>
the only ones that work are ones where you cant be heemed doing them, ones that move your head away from a vunerable position, or ones that end up with you back at a standing position facing the opponant.
>>
File: WAPANESE TREEPO KNEEE.gif (3 MB, 265x200) Image search: [Google]
WAPANESE TREEPO KNEEE.gif
3 MB, 265x200
>>
>>66460757
power>>66464465

come from funny angles, and even though they can be countered, they often are better to back off a pressuring fighter.

they are necessary for diversity more then anything, ie condit's use of every strike known to man to try to hit simple kicks and punches after missing the fancy shit
>>
>>66464498
>ref effusively cheering whilst laying over a knocked out athelete
offensive
>>
>>66464465
because they generate more force

but do you really need that much force to knock someone out?

Holm clocked Rousey's head into the canvas with a roundhouse.

Daiz dropped mcgregor with a 1-2.

If you have enough time/an opening to do something crazy then you probably could throw a right hand, hook, roundhouse, etc that doesn't put you at risk

Obviously this shit is powerful, but what I"m saying is, the added power doesn't seem to be necessary
>>
File: 1450092639794.webm (2 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1450092639794.webm
2 MB, 800x450
>>66460757
HEEM SPINNY
>>
File: jumpingheem'd.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
jumpingheem'd.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
HEEM JUMPY
>>
>>66460757
They're not the be-all and end-all. Pulling one off successfully required risk assessment, set up, practice, and the courage to commit to the move in a fight
>>
>>66474919
rousey was already rocked
mcgregor didn't get dropped and even continued to absorb damage

if you time and hit someone with spinning shit correctly they're far more likely to get truly heem'd, otherwise you''re likely to need to follow up
>>
>>66474944
why didnt he react
>>
>>66476144
barboza throws spinning shit real fast
>>
>>66476152
>fast

the kick took like 5 seconds
>>
>>66476178
>
>>
>>66476178
he used his bullet time power up so it looks like it took that long
>>
>>66476178
That was slow motion.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.