[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>career average 26.7 ppg >career average 42.5% from the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: allen-iverson-picture-3.jpg (48 KB, 376x490) Image search: [Google]
allen-iverson-picture-3.jpg
48 KB, 376x490
>career average 26.7 ppg
>career average 42.5% from the field

Why do so many people like this ball hogging chucker, again?
>>
he was a manlet and dominated at times.

And he literally put that trash Sixers team on his back and beat LA at least once that year when the West got swept by them.
>>
>muh crossover
>>
>>66442208
Because his team was not as good without him on the floor. Compared to Kobe or Wade or Lebron or KD or Shaq, he didn't have as much help. The guy led his team to the finals. Kobe has never done that without all star big men and supporting cast.
>>
goat crossover
fearless volume scorer
didnt give a fuck about anything

he was pretty based anon
>>
File: iverson-mvp.jpg (66 KB, 970x764) Image search: [Google]
iverson-mvp.jpg
66 KB, 970x764
And he's the sole reason there's a dress code.
>>
File: AI career stats.png (91 KB, 937x420) Image search: [Google]
AI career stats.png
91 KB, 937x420
That's some serious chucking.

>dat '02 season
>>
>>66442340

>shooting 40%
>taking 28 shots

literally why?

I mean, he obviously got results (31 ppg), but damn that's a lot of misses.
>>
>>66442294

straight up hood nigga right there
>>
Mediocre scoring results based off of his volume. Any competent gm would have traded him for more efficient lower scoring players; draft picks.
>>
>>66442788
A lot indeed. It seems like he would have needed some ... practice.
>>
To everyone who says shit about AI:

Go watch Game 1 of the 2001 NBA Finals and tell me he doesn't deserve all the accolades he gets. Dude gave 100% every game.

>Going into the Staples Center and practically singlehandedly beating a Lakers team that was TWELVE AND ZERO in the playoffs up to that point

>>66442788
>Lack of other scoring options
>having to take shitty shots to beat the shot clock
>attempting a ton of shots in the lane through contact

Their whole gameplan was get the ball to AI, and hope the role players can get open looks before the shot clock expires or AI will put up an ugly contested shot.
>>
I SHOWED UP TO THE GANE WITH NO PRACTICE LIKE IVERSON
>>
File: 1435277158012.gif (3 MB, 320x220) Image search: [Google]
1435277158012.gif
3 MB, 320x220
>>66442208
absolutely fucking based goat anon
>>
>like

I didn't know anyone who liked him. Most people made fun of him for his shit percentage.
>>
He's the absolute definition of a meme player. Everything about him screams meme
>>
>>66443093
>a player tries hard in a finals game
WOW GOAT OF ALL TIME
>>
File: 97 fta.gif (2 MB, 337x308) Image search: [Google]
97 fta.gif
2 MB, 337x308
>>66442208
because true niggas deserve respect.
>>
>>66442208
Style and Sports ENTERTAINMENT
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.