[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the point of hosting a WC if the same countries win
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1437802192853.jpg (13 KB, 250x239) Image search: [Google]
1437802192853.jpg
13 KB, 250x239
What's the point of hosting a WC if the same countries win it.

Like, what's the point of non conmebol and non UEFA teams going to the WC.

Why not simply split the WC into a conmebol vs UEFA and the other WC for the rest of the world.

It would be literally more interesting than seeing the same meme teams win it over and over again.
>>
>>66436759
Only 9 countries have ever won it, though. By your logic, we should just give them their own tournament and have everyone else play in a separate tournament.
>>
>>66436759
>What's the point of hosting a WC

It is my understanding that FIFA will pay my country a shitload of money, provided we kick in the most in bribes.
>>
Now that we mention it, what nation was closest to winning WC outside of Europe and sud america?
>>
>>66437268
This. That's a terrible idea. The WC is the only time I ever really watch and I get a March Madness vibe from it, but with worldwide insanity. Leave it alone. It is such a watched event because even divegrass casuals like me will tune in.
>>
>>66437311
Ghana 2010?
>>
>>66437311
Australia would have won it in 2006 if Italy hadn't cheated.
>>
@66436759

>including your shitty confederation in the argument as if they have any chance of winning in the forseeable future

Kappa Kappa EleGiggle desu
>>
>>66436759
I don't know maybe because the world is not fucking static, things change.
The winner of the WC, is the undisputed world champion. If youre stupid idea goes through, you'll get a GOAT generation out of Burkina Faso 20 years from now and people will doubt the real world champion.
Also, half the world will be left out, tournament will be that much less interesting with less upsets and less memes overall.
>>
File: 18.jpg (14 KB, 119x228) Image search: [Google]
18.jpg
14 KB, 119x228
>>66437311
The USA in 1930?
>>
>>66437311
ching chong refball Korea in 2002
>>
>>66437383
Probably this but in more recent history its worst Korea
>>
>>66437311
Turkey in 2002.
>>
>>66437362
Fuck yea bro
>>
>>66436759

You should stop cocaine
>>
>>66437311
Qatar 2022
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.