[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Duncan and Ginobili will retire soon, if not this year, then
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 454x256) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 454x256
Duncan and Ginobili will retire soon, if not this year, then the next.

What will the Spuds do without the big 3? Will it be all over?
>>
Tyler Ulis and Kawhi will lead them on a foreverpeat
>>
If the Spurs have a big 3 now, it's Kawhi, LA, an Parker (who still has a few years left).

Dont know any young big who could replace Tim on the defensive end, tho.
>>
TD is really only useful on defense which is still pretty great to have however Ginobli is huge off the bench still and they need Jonathan Simmons to step up and replace him as a player that can come off the bench and explode which he has shown the ability to do.
>>
>>66435881
that big three cant compare to the original not even close
>>
>>66435881
Parker is shit now though. Even though he's far younger than the other two, he's the worst one currently.
>>
this is one of the most GOAT gifs of all time, regardless if it's sports or not

it's quite figuritvely perfect in every aspect of human life

the sacrifice, the devotion
just breathtaking.

https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/ie2xlvbssvyd41.gif
>>
>>66442020
Durrrr no shit but having a top 15 and a top 5 player is a good start. Draft/sign a quality pg to replace Parker and they'll be competitive.
>>
>>66435854
Can Kawhi be the first player to get to the 50-40-90 club and win DPOY at the same year?
>>
>>66435837
They will be fine with Leonard and Aldridge.
No, the Spurs will be over when Popovich retires
>>
>>66443167
He won't shoot 90% from FT.
>>
>>66435837

It's over when Duncan retires.

Pop will cry when he turns to the bench and doesn't see Timmy there to steady the franchise.
>>
>>66435854
For the love of God, no. I hate the f***ing Spurs. They are easily the most bland team out there. You would think it would be easy for another NBA team to gameplan on how to beat the Spurs, but no, every time, the g-d Spurs find a way. They have no superstars. The way to beat San Antonio is to play fundamental, sharing, situational basketball.
>>
>>66450389

>all this inferior taste
>>
>>66450389
Too ADHD retarded to appreciate good basketball?

Your fucked m8
>>
>>66435837
>have one bad year and manage to get the number 1 pick for duncan

that luck changed that franchise from that point forward, pretty crazy if you think about it. spurs fans are insufferable though, kinda looking forward to the future tbqh my hibachis
>>
>>66450441
No, I just think the Spurs' brand of basketball is way too predictable. Other NBA teams should've figured it out by now, but sadly, they haven't. That's why it's so goddamn frustrating. When you're at the top, others will try to drag you down.
>>
>>66450477
figured out what by now? your key to beating them (fundamental, sharing, situational basketball) is for other teams to play like them, this makes no sense.
>>
>>66443167
no he needs to hit like 60 FTs straight in the last 8 or so games to get to 90%
>>
>>66450477
It doesn't matter if you're predictable if you execute well. It's like back in the Stockton/Malone days of the Jazz, where you knew a pick and roll starting on the left side of the 3pt arc was coming, and you knew that Malone was going to set the pick, and Stockton was going to roll and pass to Malone for a quick jumpshot if the lane is closed or a dunk if open or dump the ball back to Stockton if being smothered by Rodman. But it wasn't easy to stop.

In the Spurs' case, they have a motion offense with three basic variations, some counters and automatics in those variations, and they like to settle into spread pick and rolls a lot. It hasn't changed much since it was implemented, and won't change unless the NBA changes rules to be less perimeter-oriented. So, it's been broken down and figured out for almost a decade, but it's difficult to counter because the Spurs consistently execute well.
>>
I for one, think they have a way too good system in place to fail. They're like a Barcelona of the NBA. No matter who plays, they will at least be able to compete. Even though they got trashed against OKC in the end in that Westbrook never stops attacking the rim like a roided up dog with rabies despite being 15 points ahead episode, they held out pretty well for a good while with a shit team.
>>
File: 1458423618765.jpg (61 KB, 634x634) Image search: [Google]
1458423618765.jpg
61 KB, 634x634
>>66446762
>mfw he retires and becomes an assistant coach
>>
players are replaceable over time, the big hit to the spurs will be when pop leaves and who replaces him
>>
if you watch the spurs this year, you could see the difference in Aldrige and kawais behaviour throughout the year.
they finnally realized they have to demand the ball.

i never saw a big 3 like this ever, they were begging for a lesser roll, and now we can clearlly see the transition.
still, its not gonna be easy to replace those 3 players, they are all unique
>>
>>66446493
>>66450626
>can
>>
>>66450519
It does make sense. A team has yet to beat the Spurs at their own game. In order to beat the Spurs, a team has to execute better than them. It has yet to happen. That's why the Spurs always win at least 50 or more games every season. I'm tired of it. I want Duncan, Parker, Ginobili and Popovich to all retire.
>>
huge casual here. but whenever i watch spurs games they seem just like germany in the sense that they are a very good unit but there is no real superstar. i think they will be fine without those guys cause kwahi and lamarcus will be fine leading them.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.