[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Idiot US Soccer fans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 13
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 534x401) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 534x401
>Americans will actually replace Jurgen Klinsmann with a MLS 'coach'

You want to be quick to sack Jurgen but he needs to stay longer. If USA is looking to replace him then you ABSOLUTELY have to replace him with a European based coach with European Tournament experience! Preferably a sucessful one. Anything less will be a disgrace.

Somebody talk some sense into my flag, they'll be posting ignorant shit. These USA coaches will shit the bed when it comes time to play a top nation or even an average one with a TOP player (think Portugal , Sweden)
>>
>>66435262

Guus Hiddink should be top choice.
>>
Mike Petke. I don't GAF. Klinsi AUS!
>>
>fails with Bayern
>fails in general
>nuage fairy who is more of a yogi than a manager
I told you fags he was shit, doesn't matter who he manages, kraut nuthugging fags
>>
Fire Jurgen? lolno

It better be for the likes of Jose Mourinho
>>
>>66435262
I suggest Rafa Benitez when newcastle go down.
>>
>>66435402

All of that And yet he's still more qualified than any American coaching the MLS.

You better look long and hard before sacking Klinsmann
>>
>>66435402
bu-bu-bu-but he'sg german and he >develops youth
Kek
E
K
>>
>>66435435

I bet he really did put Youth Soccer in the right direction. And I'm seeing young Americans making a lot better signings lately
>>
>>66435431
This.
>>
>>66435466
You know what the problem is with people like you, calling others idiots and assuming that the extra year you watched means anything. Been watching this shit since I was a kid and many people saw this coming, and people also saw the defense force coming because you can't take the German cock out of your mouth assuming it knows more by default
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 229x220
>>66435501

You REALLY believe an American coach can pull a better result in this years CopaAmerica , the next Gold Cup and the 2018 WorldCup?
>>
>>66435570
Bob Bradley wouldn't do any worse, that's how much of a mom factor klimsmann is
>he's German he must know
might as well hire a German anon qjo posts here
>>
>>66435604
He would, he's done just as poor as Klinnsman with better talent. There's a reason he got fired in the first place.
>>
>Hires some medicroe MLELS coach
>bacl to counter hoofball
>barely gets out of round 16 of the stage

WOW WHAT AN IMPROVEMENT
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 800x457) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 800x457
>>66435604

Woah , you really are smoking moon rocks. Didn't Jurgen already beat the team that got BOB fired?

That should tell you alot
>>
>>66435625
At least we might get to the world cup
>>66435622
>poor as Klinnsman with better talent. There's a reason he got fired in the first place.
"No"
>>66435570
I think an American coach could qualify for the 2018 world cup
>>66435466
"No"
>>66435431
>this delusion
>>
>>66435262
lietrally every single WC winner ever had a domestic coach
>>
>>66435641
Bradley didn't lose to
>Jamaica
>Guatemala
>A gold cup knockout game to a non-Mexico team
We're at the lowest point in US Soccer since the team was knocked out from qualifying for the 1986 world cup
That should tell you a lot more
>>
>>66435262

Realistic replacements I'd like to see:
>Van Gaal
>Moyes
>Hiddink
>Benitez

Who we'll get:
>some MLS nobody
>>
>>66435644

I'm sorry, but are qualifications over? "No"
>>
>>66435644
>Landon Donovan in his prime
>Dempsey in his prime
>Jody when he actually fucking scored
>Secretary of Defense Tim Howard
>actual CBs and fullbacks
You probably wanted Bradley fired in the first place when it happened. Deservedly so as he shat the bed with prime talent
>>
>>66435678
>actual CBs and fullbacks
That should automatically disqualify you
Jozy was coming off a 1 goal in 28 game performance for Hull in the EPL
Johnny Bornstein started a critical world cup game
But usually had to go with Carlos Bocanegra at left back
And he started players like Ricardo Clark & J.F. Torres in critical games
The talent level is not the problem
It was just a shit then as now
>>
>>66435675

If this happens, all media from every country will laugh at us. Including ESPN FC , Fox Soccer and NBCSN
>>
>>66435262
>wanting a foreign coach

fucking cucks man
>>
>>66435734
Landon Donovan literally carried the USMNT every game he played. We're not getting another Donovan for a while and it's literally what we need.
>>
>>66435675
All of those yuros are shitty choices even without referring to their lack of knowledge of the American soccer landscape
Plus how often do superstar coaches really work out?
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 660x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 660x350
>>66435663

>Fire Jurgen because of one qualifying match and one gold cup knockout match

Wew lad.

>>66435675

I would love moyes. I'm apart of the original Moyes Boys
>>
>>66435769
He did disappear a lot
Plus the level of the other 10 is elevated
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 729x559) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 729x559
>>66435771

>all of those yuros are shitty choices

You don't know a single one of them , do you. Your knowledge is showing
>>
>>66435786
It's 2
His record in actual competitive games is poor
>>
gotta look for a guy who has history in being successful in a knockout competition like the champions league or europa league, preferably European but can also speak english. someone who has been at the highest level of the game as a player/manager but probably older or out of favour. also not someone retiring in the next couple years. probably narrows it down. i dont suggest an american manager desu, i dont watch any mls but i imagine as far as tactical nous goes they wont be on the level of the top guys in the world

>>66435278
i think hes retiring, and hasnt done so well with his other international teams

>>66435425
this would be a great appointment but i dont think he would take international management yet unless it was spain

>>66435675
moyes will be back in england i think, and van laal is definately retiring

>>66435678
this team was really good. best usa team ever and probably will be for a while
>>
I hope they don't qualify, these new autists who don't know enough about him not being a good manager are retards. I still remember a couple of days ago those idiots claiming he threw the game on purpose to make a point
he literally can do no wrong, I knew neckbeard burgers idolized Germans and japs but this is hilarious
>>
>>66435806
You know them about as much as I do
>>
>>66435809
also no meme appointments like lalas, donovan, beckham, maradona. pele or a coach from another sport etc. those never work
>>
>>66435734
oneywu was ok.
>>
>>66435833
I'd take maradonna as a coach just for his conferences
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 640x360
This is the coach we need but aren't lucky enough to get. Roll the tape.

http://youtu.be/dtEqBgkZTP0

>>66435822

This is what OP was talking about when he said ignorant Americans. I bet you don't even know a single American Manager to suggest in this thread. Go into a coma until the NFL starts , this isn't the sport for you
>>
>>66435875
No better than what we've go now
Plus he didn't play much at the 2010 wc
>>
>>66435897
>suggesting the ultimate club destroyer
>saying I'm ignorant
He would destroy the program like he did Chelsea
The things Injate the most about Klinsmann Mourinho would aggravate

As for American coaches I'd take Kreis or Porter, maybe Marsch but he has to show the ability of adapting, & Berhalter
Although my wish is for Oscar Pareja
He's not American but he's actually shown the ability to have teams play attacking soccer while fully utilizing and integrating youth players
You known the reasons why people say Klinsmann can do even though he's shown his inability to
>>
I want Bob Bradley back.

>American
>doing well as a coach in europe
>was doing fine as coach of national team before he got fired
>>
Native coaches are much better desu. When your national team has a shit foreign coach its the worst thing ever.
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 435x580) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 435x580
>>66435968
>>66435968

>Jason Kreis
>Caleb Porter
>Jesse Marsch
>Gregg Berhalter
>oscar pareja

I checked all the literally whos credentials for you, They're all SHIT and giggles. USMNT would be the biggest job these guys ever had.

They're all biting off more than they can chew by even taking an interview. It's like hiring a guy off the street to become a CEO of a company, they will crash and burn faster than Martin Shkreli.

And the USA would be calling for Klinsmanns job for these fools? Better try and build another list

>>66436017

That's not going to happen
>>
>>66436106

If he's shit then what's worse than shit?

Because that's what domestic managers will be in this country if they ever stepped up to the plate for the USMNT job. Is there even a single American coaching in Europe like what Bob Bradley was doing?

If the answer is no then the only thing US Coaches can become are assistants. Jurgen already installed plenty
>>
>>66436123
You mean the credentials of actually winning in the American landscape with American players?

Let's look at an outside example
>>66436106 fired their meme Yuro coach and hired someone from the domestic league, and he's successfully changed them into a more attacking unit without using the "golden generation"
And they won the Asian Cup, which is a lot harder for them than for us winning the Gold Cup
It might be the biggest job they've had, but they should be ready for the challenge
>>
>>66436173
>this delusion
>>
>caring about divegrass
>>
>we dun care
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 600x372) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 600x372
>>66436181

>winning in American landscape
>MLS

You know, that league, is shit , right?

>It might be the biggest job they've had, but they should be ready for the challenge

They won't be , and they'll pull a worse result than Jurgen and Bob Bradley. Your head is very far up your I know you want to keep jobs in America Donald Trump but this is getting ridiculous
>>
Bielsa imo
>>
>>66436260
They'll never do that, they're happy to sip the German kool aid despite Germans themselves knowing full well klinsmanm is shit
>>
>>66436259
Bradley and Arena, the most successful coaches of the national team, had only MLS experience

While Jurgen's is mostly a bunch of friendlies with Germany and not even a full season with Bayern
>>
>>66435897
Are you fucking kidding? Goddamn it's clear a huge part of his schtick is the transfer window. Forget development he just buys new players. If anything the USA should get a guy like moyes who is too devoted to players. Mourinho's tactics are not impressive. Attack attack attack is what needs to happen. All the cool kids are doing it, including barca and Leicester. Sure enough, Bayern was heading for a CL exit before guardiola took his head out of his ass and realized, "Maybe I should have the ball crossed into the box instead of insisting every goal is a tap in following 20 perfect passes."

I admit I don't know much about the sport, but I'm not blind to effective trends.
>>
>>66436288
PS the most pathetic thing about the sport, to me at least, will never be the diving or the fact that the best player is a manlet, but rather that it's seriously called "the beautiful game" by people. There's nothing beautiful about it; there is a clear objective that must be achieved and no points are awarded for style. Just like hockey, gotta get pucks to the net.
>>
>>66436259

Do u guys think this fat spic knows he is a meme that is posted on the reg with his giant sombrero?
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 430x322) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 430x322
>>66436279

You're wrong. It's not because Jurgen is German, it's be caused he's coached in UEFA.

I'll be sipping that European koolaid all day long because THE BEST MANAGERS IN THE WORLD HAS COACHED EUROPEAN CLUBS OR NATIONAL TEAMS. Period.

If you don't know this by now , you're not a real soccer fan
>>
>>66436288
>leicester

>attack

>I admit I dont know much about the sport

Point taken you fucking retard. Barca and leicester are polar opposites and it's clear as day you're a retarded eurocuck. Pro tip our best world cup finish in modern times - a quarter final appearance in 2002 - was thanks to a coach with MLS experience. Bob Bradley also went from MLS to leading the US in beating Spain in 2009, a Confed cup final appearance, winning our world cup group a year later and never losing before the Gold cup final to a team not Mexico
>>
>>66436325
Klinsmann is not and has never been one of the best managers in the world, you just showed me that
>tf
>tt
od
>>
>>66436346

Still better than an MLS all decade coach. You're looking in the wrong places to replace him
>>
>>66436325
The guy that got Argentina to the final hasn't coached in Europe
And neither did Colombia's nor Costa Rica's, whose coach didn't even coach in the bigger South American leagues
>>
>>66436356
The MLS all decade coaches before him did much better
>>
>>66436288
>Comparing Barca and Leicester

The only thing they have in common is having prolific goalscorers in Vardy and MSN. They are hardly the same. One plays posession based tactics and the other lets the opponent have posession while hitting on the counter - the same tactics Bob Bradley used who is somehow regarded as a failure yet the soon to be Premier League champion uses in every game.
>>
>>66436357

You realize that even South American football is in a different realm than MLS? The Mexican teams that take a big smelly shit on LA , Seattle or whoever else in MLS every year actually struggles there
>>
Pellegrini desu
>>
>>66436367

Too bad they're retired or else they might actually be revenant in this discussion. You can't coach from the nursing home
>>
>>66436343
Okay how would you describe Leicester? Their possession stats run totally counter to their success. They're totally a heavy counter attack team.
>>
A lot of people need a reality check.
The year the US plays in the World Cup Final game is the same year the MLS Cup Final has the same ratings as the Super Bowl or World Series.
You might not like Klinsmann but he's not the reason the US isn't competitive with South America or Europe.
There isn't a single country that consistently goes deep in the international tournaments where soccer isn't miles (or kilometers) ahead of the other sports in terms of popularity.
>>
>>66436387

Very good manager but old. Won't last very long
>>
>>66435809
>and hasnt done so well with his other international teams

Got South Korea to the WC semis

Did really well with Australia. Qualified us for >our first WC finals in like ever when >we still had to beat a South American team to get in and only got knocked out of the Ro16 because of cheating wogs and massive fucking refball
>>
>>66436392
But the new exciting ones are in similar positions from where those had succeeded
>>66436383
For similar reasons why MLS teams struggle in the CCL
Distance, calendar, elevation
Shit like that
>>66436394
Bob Bradley-esque
>>
>>66436383
He doesn't, he's an idiot and doesn't know bielsa
>>
>>66436432
The South American equivalent of Mourinho? in that for any on the field success he had he'd damage the program much more
>>
>>66436376
If you look at barcelona's entire season, sure. They're winning plenty of games against la liga opponents comfortably and have no reasons to sweat. When they face a team that doesn't just wilt in front of msn, though, they get more aggressive. I'm sure it'll happen in the second leg against atletico in the CL. First leg will be close. Barcelona will then throw caution to the wind and pull away by letting their front do what they do: attack.
>>
>>66436418

This. He steals every dual citizenship or not capped player that he can from those places. Our talent pool isn't that big , we aren't using our best athletes in the USA for starters and they don't grow with the technical ability either.

Youth System reform & proper foreign signings is the only way USA gets better and that's so much more important than the next 2-3 years of competetion
>>
>>66436418
The reality check is that the talent pool was never good here and it is no excuse for how shit a manager he is and this was well known before he took the job, plenty of people know he's a glorified cheerleader more interested in you meditating than being a tactician
>>
>>66436418
>There isn't a single country that consistently goes deep in the international tournaments where soccer isn't miles (or kilometers) ahead of the other sports in terms of popularity.

This is a pathetic excuse. The ONLY countries where Soccer isn't the number sport are:

Canada
>small population

Australia
>Ibid

New Zealand
>Ibid

English speaking Caribbean cunts
>Ibid

India/Pakistan etc
>third world country

The US has a massive population and while it isn't close to being your number 1 sport, there are far more people who follow soccer in the US to say the Netherlands or Portugal or Uruguay etc.

America's underperformance in soccer is fucking hilarious. You're barely better than >us if at all.
>>
>>66436429

All those Americans u suggest need to go find jobs in Europe and try again in the next 8 years. They lack job experience
>>
>>66436343
>>66436429
You're reading comp must be garbage because this idea that I said the USA couldn't have an American coach is a fantasy of yours. In fact I would think their simplicity might offer great results. My initial post was simply comparing mourinho and moyes, no on else.
>>
File: klinsmeme.png (24 KB, 987x177) Image search: [Google]
klinsmeme.png
24 KB, 987x177
>>66436418
>You might not like Klinsmann but he's not the reason the US isn't competitive with South America or Europe.
Right now we're not even competitive in North America you dumbfuck
>>66436463
>He steals every dual citizenship or not capped player that he can from those places.
Fact: Most of Klinsmann's "steals" first came to the US program while Bob Bradley was in charge
So you've got Thomas Rongen to thank for most of them
Fact: Other than Fabian, the dual-nationals are mostly shit
>Youth System reform
Klinsmann hasn't done anything with youth other than reduced the quality of youth coaches
>>
>>66436466
You're completely missing the point though. This soccer tactical magician everyone keeps saying we need, he doesn't exist. You might find someone better than Klinsmann but you won't find anyone that will make the US serious contenders. 2014 was a fluke. The Belgium game should have exposed the US but all it did was buy Howard another season at Everton, and look how that turned out.
Flaming out of the Gold Cup, losing to Mexico, fighting desperately to qualify for WC 2018. These are the things more in line with the US talent level.
>>
>>66436485
Contd.

That said, Americans' general lack of experience (experience meaning playing against the people / strategies the NT will play against) is alarming. Their definitely is a premium on hiring someone who's had some success against the players and styles who will be working for other national teams.
>>
>>66436485
That's how the teams played
>>66436484
They have job experience, including experience with some of the actual players he'd coach
>>
The biggest thing honestly is that US soccer has to develop a style of football that works with US players and that they can build on from every age level from u-17 to the national team. Once they have that MLS teams will copy it and you will find success and good players easy to find. Only after this can you start thinking about the more complicated reform like overhauling MLS, concacaf champions league and all the other stuff.
>>
>>66436507
The Klinsmeme experiment has been a complete disaster
It's time to move on and let some else have a try
>>66436511
Why are you concerned with the game planning against players on the other side rather than the game plan for the players on ours?
>>
>>66436477
The US has 100 times the population of Uruguay, as an example. And they'd wipe the floor with the US. Why? It's because they give a shit about soccer.
You really don't get how unpopular soccer is here in the US. Baseball preseason gets way more press coverage than MLS.
You're so clueless I'm wondering why you're even in this discussion at all.
>>
>>66436418
So which major american sport is taking away those natural athletes that are small to mid sized, able to run for 90 minutes straight and have great feetwork? American football, basketball and baseball require completely different skillsets. They're not stealing from the soccer talent pool. This argument is retarded.
>>
>>66436542
I agree, we should fire Klinsmann, but not because he's incompetent. It's because eventually we will run out of excuses and face the fact that international soccer success for any country is largely a function of the popularity of the sport in that country.
>>
>>66436542
They're one and the same, friendo. Part of a coaching s team successfully is predicting ad nauseum all of the possible actions the other team might take and how each one of said actions should be dealt with.
>>
>overreacting this badly

yeah Klinsmann is massively overrated and yeah losing to Guacemole is bad, but losing to away to an inferior Central American team happens at least once literally every cycle.

however if we lose Friday we might as well sack him after the final whistle.
>>
>>66436559
>>66436569
Also how come this ass backwards logic only applies for soccer? What about the dozens of olympic sports that no one gives a fuck about but the US still manages to compete in?
>>
>>66436572
And the other part is knowing the limitations of the American player
But that's every game
Most of the meaningful games will be against teams worse than the US
If they can't deal with the American player, how would they succeed in any game?
>>
>>66436591
So you're deciding to ignore pretty much every meaningful game since the world cup we're the team has played worse than the shit from the 80s?
>>
>>66436559
There is no ideal soccer athletic type. Look at all the top players in soccer right now: Messi, Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, Neymar, Suarez, Higuain, Pogba. They are all very different and have different builds and skills. I didn't even get to defenders. You need to have kids involved in soccer from a very early age and bring them up in an environment where their skills are nurtured.
Why do you think the USA is so dominant in Women's soccer? Because it's a popular sport for girls here. It's not because our women are somehow naturally superior at it. It's because it's taken seriously by a lot of young girls early on.
People just don't get about soccer in the US. It's the same reason why China and India are both shit at soccer. Nobody cares. Yet.
>>
>>66436595
It's not backwards logic. What doesn't the US care about in the Olympics? Track and Field? That's huge here. Long distance running? Not so much. Swimming? Big. Hockey? Eh.
As far as I can tell, the popularity of the sports translate pretty well to Olympic success too. There are exceptions to this rule of course. But soccer isn't one of them.
>>
>>66436546

It's no less relatively popular than it is here you dumbcunt. It 'literally' gets outrated by WOMENS cricket in Australia.

Meanwhile 30% of your population are Latinos. My guess is a fair portion of them care about soccer. That's over 100 million people and that's just assuming the remaining 70% of the population don't care at all (which clearly isnt accurate).

And yet the USA is arguably even worse than the few wogs who play soccer in Australia.
>>
>>66436477
Yea a large portion of the USA also has a real fucking winter. Ya know, where everything outside is either dead, slowly dying, or living inside of something that that's dead or slowly dying? Do non-Mericans actually think shitting on USA soccer prowess gets to Americans? For fucks sake, the current best player in the world is 5'4". I would never belittle messi' technical ability, but no one in this country feels insecure about the skill of its athletes in their respective sports, in part due to that fact that most people here really actually do not give a shit about soccer. If I were in love with soccer and an American then I might I have to come up with some kinds of excuses for our poor int showing, but as it is I find it pretty funny.
>>
>>66436617
every USA World Cup cycle has had peaks and valleys. This is a pronounced valley but it is analogous to stretches in Bradley's time too.

>09
>BTFO by Costa Rica
>getting our ass handed to us in the Confed Cup
>FIRE BRADLEY FIRE BRADLEY WE NEED A EUROPEAN MANAGER
then a series of improbable results later
>USAUSAUSA^100
>>
>>66436667
>Yea a large portion of the USA also has a real fucking winter

Try harder lad.

Iceland (500k pop) quite literally play alot of their league indoors and underground because of the weather and they're better than >you as well.
>>
>>66436559
>completely different skillsets

Do you not realize that almost all the top players in all those sports were top prospects in others as well until they decided today focus on one? You sound like a retarded person. A good athlete is a good athlete. The only worthwhile point you make is with respect to height, but baseball and hockey both offer a lot to people under 5'10", and even in football there is no minimum height for running backs.
>>
>Soccer is played by over 13 million people in the U.S., making it the third most played sport in the U.S., more widely played than ice hockey and American football.

>w-we don't care I s-swear

kek

KEK
>>
>>66436684
There will always be fans who can't be satisfied
But this is much, much, much, much worse than that
We've gone backwards in style and results
Guatemala is a lot fucking worse than Costa Rica
And the style is just unacceptable
There's no way anyone could see the US's games and think that the team has progress at all
>>
Altidore of the past few years as a usmnt striker > the typical ageism striker
Dempsey >>>>> typical American forward
Donovan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> typical American forward/wimger
Bradley from the last few major tournament >>>>> typical American creative midfielder
Howard from a few years ago >>>>> typical American goal keeper

The talent level fit the usmnt had dropped off dramatically. There is no one to replace these players who were carrying the team this last decade. They bitch about Klimsmann buy they can't complete a pass or dribble against fucking Caribbean teams.

The manager is not the problem. Literally every player for the US is replaceable. No point in changing the manager when it sets the organization back a few years and didn't fix the talent problem.
>>
>>66436713
It's just a hobby you know
American football is hard to organize at the grassroots level
>>
>>66436725

>w-we're only pretending to play it

kek

KEK

K E K
>>
>>66436661
Soccer isn't popular in the US at all. Our results are pretty much in line with the popularity of the sport year, adjusting a little for size. So I'm not sure what you're getting at.
So, the US and Australia men's teams aren't competitive with Europe or South America and men's soccer is relatively unpopular in both countries. Makes sense to me. Comparing US and Australian soccer is like comparing two noisy signal channels static. It's useless.
We do have a lot of Latinos. But they actually quite like American sports. And the ones that do like soccer, they like Mexican soccer. They don't like MLS. When Chivas USA closed up shop they said their fans were still loyal to Chivas Guadalajara and that's who they followed and supported, even while here in the US, so what's the point?
If more people cared about soccer we'd win more. If more people cared about basketball in Europe, they'd win more. To me, it's all quite simple.
>>
>>66436721
This is just flat out wrong
>>
>>66436661
>>66436661

>>66436661
>>66436661
>>66436661
>>66436661
>>66436661

>>66436661
>>66436661
>>66436661
/thread
butthurt klinsmann autists
>>
>>66436713
Most of that 13 million is girls. Also, most black kids here have no interest in soccer at all. And it's the poor kids that end up focusing a lot on sports. White people are too busy making smarter money to try to make sports their careers.
>>
>>66436721
all good points I think you're missing the biggest problem of all

>Cherundolo and Bocanegra being replaced by fucking scrubs

the drop off from the full backs has been gigantic
>>
>>66436750
I'd love for Klinsmann to get fired. I'd love for them to hire your favorite manager in the world. So when we fail again, I can watch you come up with some sort of excuse rather than the painfully obvious real explanation: nobody. gives. a. shit. about. soccer. here.
>>
>>66436737

You're missing the point entirely

In gross terms, the USA cares about Soccer FAR more than Australia and indeed alot of European countries. Whether you measure it by the number of people who watch/participate in the sport/attend games.

By whatever metric you want, the USA has far more resources than dozens of European and South American countries who are better than >you.

>>66436761

So basically what you're saying is that the USA is shithouse at sport unless Tyrone and DaMarcus give a shit and do all the work for >you.
>>
>>66436765
Cherundolo was decent
But Bocanegra was never anything special
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LLlqq3Pfek
>>
I don't want Klinsmann fired for some new scapegoat from some MLS team. If he has to go, then I want him to be replaced by somebody like Rafa Benitez.
>>
>>66436796
>In gross terms, the USA cares about Soccer FAR more than Australia and indeed alot of European countries.

And we've done better at the WC than Australia and indeed a lot of European countries in the last 20 years.
>>
>>66436784
literally >I care: the post
>>
>>66436807
Cherundolo and Bocanegra were consistently good for the national team, Bocanegra was our only competent left back for a good six years. When they tried to slide him inside and play Beasley or any of the other cast of schmucks out there it always blew up in our faces.

they provided a level of consistency at that position that has completely vanished since they retired.
>>
>>66436784

We can't fall back on "nobody cares about soccer" anymore. It's true that it's only the 5th-most popular sport here, but this is a country with 320 million people and 1/6 of the global GDP. We should at least have the resources and talent pool of a mid-tier European country like Croatia or Poland. But we don't have a Lewandowski or a Modric. We don't even have a fucking Lovren. Something is seriously wrong with the way that players are being developed, and this is what Klinsmannn was supposed to fix when US Soccer hired him.
>>
>>66436835
He provided stability but how much can you place that on coaching?
Bradley's more structured system would always look better than whatever the fuck Klinsmann's doing
Also Bocanegra's out of position was mih better than the constantly shifting backline of Klinsmann's
There's no telling who's gonna play there and where on Tuesday
>>
>>66436917
Klinsmann is just not a great coach, I think he proved that with his disastrous season with Bayern. If US Soccer just wanted him to help youth development, then they should have hired him as the technical director, not the technical director AND the coach.

And you can tell he has no patience for our shit players. I think this is part of why good players end up making bad coaches. He sees our guys making simple mistakes that he would never make as a player, then his reaction is to bitch and moan to the media about it (which you can get away with as a player but not as a coach).
>>
>>66436873
>Something is seriously wrong with the way that players are being developed, and this is what Klinsmannn was supposed to fix when US Soccer hired him.

I agree with the first part but why is it the duty of the national team coach to fix that? Surely the job of the coach is just to pick the best team and get the best possible results out of them. It isn't the coaches fault there aren't any world-class players available.

That's an organisational problem which requires a restructuring which goes way above Klinsmann.
>>
>>66436949
>And you can tell he has no patience for our shit players.
Not true
He's got a lot of patience with a lot of the shitty Yuro based players and a few MLS guys who are average in MLS
He should at least call in or play more regularly the ones doing well in MLS
But unless they get in through Camp Cupcake they don't get through at all
>>
>>66436984
He's also the technical director, so all of the youth development failures also get pinned on him
>>
>>66436984
The diving german wanted complete control, demanded it actually
>>
>>66436652
You cannot seriously be implying that fucking national track and field or swimming competitions draw larger crowds than soccer events....
>>
>>66436984
because Klinsmann is the technical director as well as the coach
>>
>>66437064
only white girls love to slurp semen in America
thats why are womens team is so good
>>
>>66435656

They also had domestic stars, something the U.S. lacks.
>>
klinsmann is the manager as well as the technical director.

Please no MLS coaches. Give me a David moyes or let the German keep his job
>>
Funny thread
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 380x380
>MLS "coaches"
>>
This seems like the perfect job for Brenny.
>>
File: disgust.jpg (23 KB, 500x320) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
23 KB, 500x320
>>66438445
>Yuroboos
>>
>Tim Howard
>Edgar Castillo
>Omar Gonzalez
>Geoff Cameron
>Michael Orozco
>Alejandro Bedoya,
>Michael Bradley
>Mix Diskerud
>DeAndre Yedlin
>Clint Dempsey
>Bobby Wood

Why do Ameriburgers think this team is good enough to do anything other than be terrible?
>>
>>66435262
Nobody in the US can replace him without obliterating the whole NT to complete shit (more than it is now). Even the shittiest coach on the Campeonato Brasileiro would know more of tactics than people like Bob Bradley
>>
>>66435809
>hasnt done so well with his other international teams
He's spoken of as a demigod in Russia for leading our team to teh 3rd place at Euro 2008, also I believe he coached that South Korean team at WC2002 that finished 4th, even though there was a lot of refball involved
>>
>>66436873
>a
>a
>a
Talking about players on the individual level is useless. And sure, America is big, but no one here is playing soccer to provide for their families and get out of the hood. That's football and basketball, and if you have to deal with winter then it's probably hockey. Idk about Europe, but in South America rugby is regarded as a middle/upper class sport, the thing rich kids play. It's the opposite in the USA. Rich kids mostly play soccer, and poor kids play baseball basketball or football. No kids here play it for hours a day from a young age. That's the simple fact and that's what it takes to produce >a lewandowski or >a modric. Finally, success begets success. Even if there were some kid who at the age of 14 showed all the promise that messi did, he can't just drop out of high school or move to Florida without his parents to play soccer. I have a friend from Ghana who was literally being looked at by Bayern Munich at the age of 13. He's half Ghanaian, but his mom is Japanese and she was like no fucking way.

Without the framework in place that would allow for soccer to be the sole focus of young children whose families are promise and show great promise in the sport, it will never an area where the USA 'succeeds' relative to its size.
>>
why do Americans want him out? They're deluded to think they are better than him and they can actually win the WC and he's in the way
>>
>>66438974
And since when 'muricans know anything about football?
>>
>>66438974
No
We're reasonable in our expectations of at least qualifying for the World Cup
See table at >>66436501
>>
>>66435262
You're a fucking idiot. First you faggots argue a coach can't do anything to raise the level of talent yet you want another foreign manager? How about an American coach who knows the player pool? At least the team had heart under an MLS coach. Bob Bradley was better than this German fraud that you worship just because of his playing career. Go suck a fucking dick.
>>
>>66435466
That's because of Hugo Perez, under Klinsmann's reign Mexico has dominated youth tournaments in the region. Also rehiring of Hackworth.

>>66435622
You don't keep the same coach forever, preferable not longer than one cycle. Bob's team had a style of play and chemistry, they never looked lost on the field. Our possession level and shots per game are lower under Klinsmann.

>>66435625
That is what we play and that is the strength of the pool against better teams. Against weaker teams we should dominate. You cannot implement a style that doesnt suit the players.

>>66435641
Ghana had infighting, locker room issues and we were outplayed. We won, credit to him but it was not a huge accomplishment.

>>66436123
Mexico's current manager failed in MLS. Those MLS coaches he listed did better than Osorio in MLS. It's obvious your understanding of the American soccer landscape is poor. You're new, let the adults talk.
>>
Dude, I could coach a team to beat Guatemala
>>
Counter-attacking team does not equal bunkering team you fucking shitlords.
>>
>>66438974
because Americans are Arsenal fans who have learned how to support a team by the way Arsenal supporters on twitter handle themselves
>>
>>66438974
>>66438974
Sorry but we Americans don't like to be told to "know your place."

None of us believe we're winning a World Cup. We'd like to qualify out of our weak region and for him to not call up 2 Liga MX reserve players and play an attacking mid as a defensive mid.
>>
>>66436827
Strictly because of absolutely shit competition. Try competing with Denmark, Austria and Israel for a place at the WC and see how well you do. And that would be a really lucky draw lad.
>>
Cushiest job in the world

>do well
USA USA USA
>do poorly
nobody cares
>>
>>66438445
THIS
>>
>>66435262
DELETE THIS
>>
>>66439788
Our talent level under Klinnsman is lower than the talent level under Bradley. This delusion that Bradley did less with more is some post 2014 WC babby nonsense
>>
>>66435744
>implying Fox Soccer didn't seriously discuss how Caleb Porter would be a good choice for NT coach
>>
>>66435262
>soccer
>>
>>66436383
>The Mexican teams that take a big smelly shit on LA , Seattle or whoever else in MLS every year

Congrats to Mexican teams for beating MLS teams while the MLS teams are in Pre-season mode, very impressive.
>>
>>66438958
I think you hit the nail on the head.

It's not enough to just have a bunch of soccer moms take their kids to soccer practice once a week.

Great talent comes when a kid eat, sleeps, and breathes soccer and no American kids have that mentality, while you can bet that Ameican football or basketball players have that mentality.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 600x400
Americans in this thread need to learn their place.

MLS Coaches , report to the foreign manager like a good lad. Because this is as good as it's going to get. Foreigners are better at this soccer thing than we are , a lot of people in here need to get over it.

All of these MLS coaches can't even shine Bob Bradley's boots or wash Klinsmann's ass
>>
We should go after the Man City coach. He doesn't have a job right now so it will be good.
>>
baring very few exceptions, any bum from europe is easily better than a local one. europe is the centre of the soccer world. its where the best football is played and its where latest football philosophies and tactics are developed. coaches from this part of the world are taught these most updated football knowledge as part of their coaching curriculum and those in the rest of the world dont. its kind of like war, you can have the smartest minds, best leaders, and the biggest balls, its nothing without the latest technology
>>
>>66441555
>>66438958

Agree 100% with these posts. Some people just don't get what it takes to be a great soccer nation and why certain countries are good at it and others are shit. People think it's all about numbers and that's just wrong. It's about culture and popularity. I believe Gulati and the leaders of US Soccer understand this. Which is why they're not outraged at the performance Klinsmann has produced in his players.

The USWNT is so good because of women's soccer culture in the US. Not because of inherent ability bestowed on our women or some divine right. A lot of girls play soccer here and take it seriously from an early age. The investment and infrastructure built up around girls soccer creates an environment that can, and sometimes does, produces the worlds best players. And lets not forget that we allow girls to participate in sports where most of the rest of the world actively discourages it. Meanwhile for the men the situation is completely different. The men's program in no way compares to what the best countries in the world do.

I think there is a general resistance to look at this situation in a fact based, dispassionate manner. Which is why you have people screaming for Klinsmann's head while not understanding the situation at all. Klinsmann may very well be a shit international manager, or at least a bad manager for the US. But if you believe that US is underachieving on the field based on the talent we have, well you're just delusional.
>>
>>66437064
It doesn't have to draw larger crowds than soccer in order for a country to be sucessfull in track & field and swimming. You just have to do more than other countries in track & feild, which the US does.
Compared to other countries, track & field is relatively popular here. We have available athletes and we spend enough money on the sport to win. It's not just because we're big, it's because relatively speaking, we care.
Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.