[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Sports Chokes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9
File: a.png (103 KB, 350x254) Image search: [Google]
a.png
103 KB, 350x254
I've been a fan since 1992, I've seen some of the shittiest draft picks and the dumbest coaches and the worst players in the league on this team. I wasn't there for their second Super Bowl loss, I have to imagine that's the only thing that comes close to this wild card loss. I've sat through Carson Palmer's knee injury, stokley's tipped touchdown, Dalton missing AJ Green for a game-winning touchdown against the Texans and Brad St Louis screwing us out of a playoff spot because he cannot figure out how to snap a fucking ball.

But this year, this year doesn't even come close. It's been months and the feeling has not subsided at all. I'm so disgusted with this team that I don't think I can even watch football anymore......
>>
arselel every year since 2005
>>
>>66417225

> I have to imagine that's the only thing that comes close to this wild card loss

my dad and my uncle both say this year was worse
>>
>>66417263
That makes it a little better......it can't get worse.
can it?
>>
>>66417280

i don't know brother, who dey either way. people claim to know sports-related pain but our teams have been to the playoffs 9 out of the last 15 years and advanced past the first round zero times...
>>
>>66417359
I don't know how I can watch this team again, I've never felt anything like this.....
Jeremy Hill, just 1 more play, would have won it....he could have fumbled on the next play, wouldn't have mattered.
But the very next play.......the victory couldn't have been more perfect.
Green TD, Burfict interception.

I-I just can't anymore....
>>
>>66417396

oh you think you felt bad? that was the day i got ditched for a date and the same day i found out my ex was cheating on me. if i can hang, you can fucking hang with me. chin up. who dey
>>
File: triggered.jpg (97 KB, 639x301) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
97 KB, 639x301
>>66417396
>>66417359

speaking of...i was going to make a webm but i couldn't bring myself to watch the video
>>
File: burfict.png (140 KB, 350x254) Image search: [Google]
burfict.png
140 KB, 350x254
he a good boy he dindu nuffin
>>
>>66417359

How is such a thing even possible?
>looks up profootballreference.com
>Last 7 Bengals playoff games, your QB has thrown for combined 4 touchdowns to 10 interceptions

Geez.
>>
File: 476463820.jpg (111 KB, 594x394) Image search: [Google]
476463820.jpg
111 KB, 594x394
>>
>>66417723
He actually is.
"defenseless receiver" is such a horseshit rule.
>>
>>66417732

i meant 9 times in the last 7 years but whatever, i'm a little drunk. reds NLDS in 2010, NLDS in 2012, NLWC in 2013, bengals in 09, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15. you get the picture
>>
File: 1457328538864 (1).jpg (119 KB, 720x1279) Image search: [Google]
1457328538864 (1).jpg
119 KB, 720x1279
>>66417225

When AJ caught that ball right in front of us, we all went absolutely apeshit, it should have been over.

I've never been in a more sullen crowd.
>>
>>66417805
McCarron was clutch as fuck in that game, too. What a story that would have been, the old Alabama quarterback recapturing glory on the biggest stage and breaking the Bengals' playoff drought.

Instead we got The Meltdown At Paul Brown.
>>
File: 02.png (3 KB, 182x248) Image search: [Google]
02.png
3 KB, 182x248
>>66417867

> McCarron was clutch as fuck in that game

dude he was clutch as fuck during his whole service time. to come off the sidelines and grab the reins of that offense and do THAT well? i'm seriously stupefied that more people didn't talk about his achievements this year, dude was absurdly good given the circumstances
>>
>>66417906
Surprised some team hasn't traded for him. I'm not even a Bengals fan and I was impressed. The Broncos are considering Mark Fucking Sanchez as a QB? McCarron is at least better than him
>>
>>66418040

you're surprised, i thought for damn sure hue was gonna bring him along to CLE. keeping him around feels more like an indictment of andy to me
>>
>>66418056

Not the same poster you're responding to, but I don't necessarily agree. Dalton still seems on firm ground, I think they realize that in today's QB driven age if you find a good backup, you do what you can to keep him so your season isn't ruined if the main guy gets hurt.
>>
>>66418077

that's true to an extent, but the value of a mccarron in terms of pieces could be huge. if we didn't have the depth we do at TE, i could see swapping one for a backup like him
>>
>>66417906
>>66418040
>>66418056

I'm not sure what team you have been watching, but McCarron showed very clearly why he isn't ready for a starting role.

He was sacked 12 times in 4 games.
Dalton was sacked 20 times in 12.
The protection didn't stop at week 13 for no reason, McCarron's college offense didn't emphasize pocket presence and awareness. It was frustrating as fuck to see the amount of throws he missed cause he can't get it there and his decision making was crap.

He also had 4 games, he went over 200 yards ONCE, with our receiving corp and line, that's pathetic.
His post season pick against the Steelers was a horrible decision.
The fumble he lost showed his horrible awareness, if he stepped up in the pocket, he would not have been stripped.
His regular season pick against the Steelers for a TD showed his rookie moments.

---TDs---
His SF TD was on a wide open TE by 20 yards.
His Den TD was all AJ Green.
Both Baltimore TDs were impressive with good ball placement, but the rest of the game he was at 5.9 ypa
The regular season Pitt game was all AJ Green burning CBs and Rex Burkhead's TD was meaningless.

With all that being said, I am still surprised nobody signed him because "muh rating"
>>
>>66418538

* came off the bench unexpectedly against bitter divisional rivals in a do-or-die playoff situation with literally ZERO actual nfl experience
>>
File: >tfw.gif (2 MB, 378x211) Image search: [Google]
>tfw.gif
2 MB, 378x211
>>66417225

If you've been a fan since the early 90s and you aren't expecting >tfw each year, I don't know what to tell you.

It's entertainment. Just laugh at the absurdity of it all and move on to something that makes you happy.
>>
Gonzalo Higuain's entire career. Dude has been a top tier choker in both club and international level.
>>
File: 1435098246088.jpg (36 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
1435098246088.jpg
36 KB, 848x480
>You drafted Jeremy Hill in the first round of your league

Who else did this and got absolutely nothing?
>>
File: ajmac.png (11 KB, 742x154) Image search: [Google]
ajmac.png
11 KB, 742x154
>>66418579

>in a do-or-die playoff situation
No.
The Bengals were 10-2 going into the Steelers game.
It was no "do or die", the Bengals lost another game and still made it AND could have lost their last game and still made it.

>with literally ZERO actual nfl experience
Pic related.
Petty as fuck, but it's not "literally" zero, so don't say literally if you don't mean literally.
>>
>>66418690
>League leader in TDs
>Nothing
Pick one
>>
>>66419601

Yeah, he'd score 3 TDs but only from 50 yards and then go MIA and put up a whopping two for three weeks afterwards.
>>
>>66419832
I'm not saying he was as good as he was when he was a rookie, he wasn't. But 800 yards and 11 TDs is far from "nothing"
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.