[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
He has to step down lads He has to sacrifice himself for the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5
File: wooney.jpg (46 KB, 600x374) Image search: [Google]
wooney.jpg
46 KB, 600x374
He has to step down lads

He has to sacrifice himself for the country, for the lads, for fucking meme magic

He'll get a tonne of respect doing it too

Do us all a favour Wayne
>>
>>66414841
>rooney is the only one to blame for every england failure

wew lad
>>
>>66414886
I'm not saying that, but he is nowhere near Kane or Vardy anymore and he slows us down too much
>>
Will score 10 goals in the remaining games in teh PL, lead manure to fourth

then start
>>
>>66414949
Wayne's not going to be dropped for le one season wonder meme man.

Kane will likely start as the focus of our attack, with Rooney either on the left, or in behind.
>>
>>66414841
>just not the hero you need right now
>>
>>66415003
The thing is, as shit as Rooney has been this season, he's still is only about 4-5 goals behind Vardy.

Plus Rooney has about 13 goals in his last 20 England games.
>>
>>66415019
Kane's second in form season you blind twat. Don't reply.
>>
A literal meme team powered by frog island is what we need
>>
>>66415084
I'm talking about Vardy, you thick cunt.

Did you either bother reading the second part?
>>
>>66414841

roy shitting himself at the end here says loads
>>66414877
>>
>not be able to recognize Rooney's contributions to his teams
srsly m8s? he isn't best for all situations but there are games when he is a better player to deploy over say Vardy, depending on a # of factors
>>
>>66414841
desu vardy as a super sub might be ok

he's too quick for tiring legs
>>
>>66415136
Rooney has be No. 1 scapegoat for England's shit tourno performances for years now. They think he should be banging them in left, right and centre when we have a shit midfield that do nothing to create opportunities
>>
>rppney
>>
>England win in a meaningless friendly
>Hopes running high
>Get starched in the actual tournament

All the time. The cycle will never end.
>>
File: let's roo it.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
let's roo it.webm
3 MB, 960x540
But the quality play from him, m8
>>
>>66414841
Vardy was deployed exactly as he should be as an impact player from the bench. Rooney would be a lot better to have on the ball than Welshit or Lellana.
>>
File: roo.jpg (31 KB, 634x286) Image search: [Google]
roo.jpg
31 KB, 634x286
White Heskey needs to clutter up the pitch. It is foretold.
>>
>>66415204
and yet you stick vardy or kane on and they start banging them in. but of course it's the midfield's fault rooney's shit
>>
>>66416075
Yes, because this is the midfield England has played for the past 10 years, you fucking dopey cunt.
>>
if rooney was playing today he'd have bagged 2 or 3 goals

he's england's best player and their only world class one

he will play and rightfully so

he's our captain, he has to play
>>
>>66416095
>>66416107
embarrassing
>>
>>66416142
>i have no argument now i've been btfo
>>
>>66416159
embarrassing
>>
>>66416240
t. rasheed
>>
>>66416252
>i have no argument so i'll call you non-white
embarrassing
>>
>>66416292
t. rasheed with no argument.

PAKI BTFO!
>>
> Kane and Rooney start- Kane as a Striker/ Rooney as a very advanced midfielder.
> Le Pacy £44 million Black man out on the right, DAT GUY out on the left.
> Le Cheeky Chav comes on in the 60th minute to BTFO the tired opposition.

I've cracked it lads, football's coming home this year.
>>
>>66416107
>he's our captain, he has to play
This. His experience of big tournaments is inestimable.
>>
>>66416362
>he has experience of losing in big tournaments so playing him means we will win these big tournaments
Don't you think this is kind of wrong?
>>
>>66416314
this isn't /brit/ lad. you're wrong here, and probably black.
>>
>>66416362
>wanting our shittest player to play
i see through your plan pierre
>>
>>66415923
Welbeck played well. Done much more the past few months than Rooney too.
>>
>>66416362
Experience of shite performances?

Of course someone from France would want England to play our worst player.
>>
>>66416362
This, Rooney must play
#yotebancorooney
>>
>>66416424
>>66416362
>>66416159
>>66416252
>>66416314
of course JF wants pooney to play. obvious desu
>>
>>66416385
t. arserekt rasheed
>>
>>66416362
>he's our captain, he has to play
>This. His experience of big tournaments is inestimable.

What part of his experience of bad tournaments is worthy of him being in the 11? What part of his bad performances in said bad tournaments makes him inestimable? What part of his bad memmories and repeated bad mistakes makes him a worthy option? What part of him deteriorating as a player makes it irrelevant to his selection because of 'muh captaincy'?

Seriously, 'tournament experience' is the biggest sporting meme going. When he doesn't play England seem to play with more freedom, and more attacking movement, Kane coming good is exactly what we needed, and Rooney's name shouldn't even be considered next to how well Delli Alli has been playing.

On the left? It's not worth it just to fit him in. England should have no room for passengers or underperforming overrated players like Rooney, Henderson, Welbeck and all those other shit Arsenal and United ones.

Van Gaal even spent periods rightfully dropping him, Leicester dropped Inler because of the way Drinkwater and Kante were playing, and Switzerland rightfully dropped their aging captain, it's about time we did the same. Certainly were not lacking leadership or courage coming from 2 - 0 down tonight.
>>
>>66414841
if he really loved his country he'd retire from international football tbph.
>>
>>66416404
Welbeck was shit mate.
>>
>>66416580
This. In all honesty, if Rooney played for any other nation that wasn't a one man nation team, he would have been dropped years ago.
>>
he doesn't need to step down. that's woy's job.
>>
>>66416574
Welbeck is literally good for England though
>>
>>66417133
What game did you just watch? he's never had good game for England, even when he scores the tap ins vs literally whos he's contributed nothing.
>>
>>66417159
Welbeck's there to put in a shift.

He was shit tonight but his pressing is usually valuable, he's got an African engine.
>>
POO
IN
ROO
>>
>>66417185
He doesn't get out of 1st gear all game.
He's a shit version of Heskey but actually worse.
>>
>>66417159
Yeah, it's not like he completely took the Switzerland game by the scruff of the neck and banged in two goals.
>>
>>66415574
I remember when all England fans were like
>wohooo we "won" against Italy 1:2, we are basically World Champion!

Also that guy in the staff that celebrated the Rooney goal so hard he hurt his leg.
>>
>>66417221
Yeah I take back my comment of scoring tap ins vs literally who goalkeepers and defenders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLtVTWSMYnU
>>
>>66417267
I'm sorry, are strikers not supposed to score tap ins?

Does that mean Jamie Vardy's shit too?
>>
>>66417221
/sp/ England "fans" are only interested in flavour on the month meme players
>>
>>66419564
this
>>66417386
no goal's only count if they're scored from a bicycle kick to win the game... oh wait unless it hits his shin then it doesn't count

All of you bongs complaining about based rooney means absolutely nothing in the end because Roy, someone who knows much more about the sport than any of you, will start him. AND THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
>>
File: BQIRi7XCAAINmCh.jpg (17 KB, 250x377) Image search: [Google]
BQIRi7XCAAINmCh.jpg
17 KB, 250x377
>>66419630
>he doesnt know Roy shitposts on /sp
>>
>>66414841
GOOD FUCKING RIDDANCE
>>
>>66415120
Vardy's been in form his whole career
>>
>>66414841
amerifags will see him in the mls in a few years
>>
>>66415204
The World Cup was the best example of it not being Rooney's fault but he gets blamed anyway

> Vs Italy
> Rooney plays like shit and does nothing of note
> Lose 2-1 due to the defenders falling asleep against one of the best strikers in the world

> Vs Uruguay
> Roomey is the best player on the team and the only reason we stay in it
> Lose 2-1 due to the defenders falling asleep against one of the best strikers in the world

England's problem is and always will be the defence.
>>
Rooney has not been relevant in the highest level of football (champions league) since 2010 when he scored 2 goals against Milan. Since that time he has been relatively average desu and hasn't done anything to be justified over the top of other strikers like Vardy or Kane.
At this point you need to judge them all objectively. Kane is on an upwards streak with 20+ goals in the last two seasons whereas Rooney is in the decline of his career. Vardy on the other hand is in the middle of a meme magic peak and is much better suited to Englands football at the minute.
>>
>>66422016
>Rooney played like shit vs. italy
bullshit, he perfectly set up a tap in for sturridge while stuck out on left wing
>>
Rooney should play CM in place of Henderson. Imagine Alli-Rooney-Dier midfield. All dat service. Plus he'd communicate well with Smalling

All the Liverpool players were shit lastnight. Clyne played the German onside and got lucky with a ref call. Banana Lallana was useless all game. Neither of those players should be anywhere near an England shirt. Sturridge and Hendo are good squad players but shouldn't be starting.
>>
What it should be:

---Vardy--Kane----

Sturridge off the bench against tired legs

What it will be

-----Welbeck-----
-----Rooney------

Kane and vardy as a plan B
>>
>Ricky Lambert will end his career with more international tournament minutes than Vardy
>>
>>66422016

>Balotelli
>one of the best strikers in the world
>>
you are all absolutely dillusional if you think this friendly team was any indication of the team starting at the Euros. Woy and the entire England setup are fucking shitbags who care only about sponsor £££'s, and Woy's contract probably has a clause that says: Rooney plays if fit. (i suspect no other countries across the planet are affected by such idiocy, but England will be). Woy has done this before - a seemingly youthful and 'experimental' (read: on form) side in friendlies just to revert back to the tried and tested failures that will be:
Hart
Walker Smalling Cahill Rose
Carrick Henderson
Milner
Sterling Rooney Welbeck

100% guaranteed M8's. Dont dare to dream, because the moneymen @ the FA wont allow it. THere has been a "Rooney plays" contract clause since 2004
>>
File: 1421252195708.jpg (34 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
1421252195708.jpg
34 KB, 292x257
>>66421977
>>
>>66422023
That's Beckham
>>
Is Rooney Englands RVP?
topscorer but still underachiever, scores against literal who's chokes against important teams
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.