[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think the hardest sport is (please don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 640x640
What do you guys think the hardest sport is (please don't include weird ass shit that only some isolated African tribe plays or whatever just try to put in stuff you would see high school kids doing). I personally say it's wrestling, boxing, or any other combat sport because you need strength, speed, endurance, and all that jazz that comes in other sports but you also have to deal with physical pain inflicted on you by your opponent. You also are all alone on the mat so you have no one to rely on for help, you can't blame any mistakes on anyone but yourself, and your coach can't sub you out if you get hurt.
>>
1. tennis
2. hockey
3. pitcher
9001. basketball
900001. jogging/soccer
>>
Boxing
>>
>>66395452
>please don't include weird ass shit that only some isolated African tribe plays

so i can't include basketball?
>>
File: 14571927070814563.png (336 KB, 564x602) Image search: [Google]
14571927070814563.png
336 KB, 564x602
>>66395452
Life
>>
>>66395452
Chinese broom bowling
>>
>>66395452

Hardest sport to play or hardest sport to be good at? In terms of pure cardiovascular ability cross country skiing is the hardest.
>>
It's hockey
>>
>>66395532
/thread

>I get to see the GOAT in April
feels good man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d1AJTgst9c
>>
>>66395452
esports
>>
>>66395452
agree with wrestling or MMA. Anyone knowledgeable about martial arts/fighting will tell you that wrestling is grueling. The amount of cardio involved is way more than striking. I'd say MMA just because it requires you to be more well rounded and combat sports is different from team sports because winning and losing is entirely on you, can't hide behind teamates and have someone else win the game for you. NFL is pretty dam difficult too just based on the sheer size and athleticism involved. People like to hate and say Rugby is manlier because of no pads but I guarantee NFL players would die on the field without pads.
>>
Baseball.
>>
>>66398732
nice bait
>>
Professional Wrestling followed by Baseball
>>
define "hard"

in terms of pure coordination and skill, shit like this is probably pretty close
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnTlHD1P-Ww

in terms of physical gruelingness, you've got combat sports and martial arts, and for a slightly different flavor, ultramarathons

in terms of the competition to the top(how difficult it is to become elite), 100m dash out of individual sports, and football of team sports
>>
>>66395452
Wrestling by far, all MMA fighters that come from Wrestling backgrounds said that Wrestling is impossibly hard, and the overtraining is seen as a good thing.
>>
File: download (5).jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
6 KB, 259x194
>>66397205
>people think Ali vs Tyson is the dream fight
>tfw i dream of the likes of Gonzalez - Lopez
>>
Cycling
>>
Hockey
>>
>>66395511

>pitcher
>>
>>66395452
Shirling or Thunderball.
>>
Based Ice Hockey x 9000
>>
>>66395511
>tennis is an sport
>pitchers usually have only two or three pitches to throw and can be fat like /bbc/
Are you obese, dense or both?
>>
Cheking them is pretty rough
>>
>>66398814

27:41

That was pretty sick to be fair.
>>
Boxing at the professional level.
>>
>>66395452
team
>hockey
individual
>boxing

lol at people that think tennis is harder than hockey.
>>
>>66398715
>NFL players would die on the field without pads
no they wouldn't. They tackle the way they do because of helmets and pads. If they were removed they'd tackle exactly like rugby players do, with less of a collision and more of a hugging takedown.
>>
>>66400367
>expecting murricans to think rationally
Shiggy
>>
chess
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (98 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
98 KB, 1440x1080
rugby league
>>
File: lawler leg kicks.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
lawler leg kicks.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
MMA

all other answers are objectively wrong
>>
>>66400367
>>66400381
>implying harder hits don't occur in football because the game has significantly less lateral movement

yeah bro I'm sure this hit wouldn't have happened if he had pads on amirite

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChadwikoRCC/status/668504215547834368/video/1
>>
Of course the correct answer is cycling.
>>
>>66395452
>high school kids need to do it

18+, faggot
>>
File: pepe teehee my oh my.png (8 KB, 473x500) Image search: [Google]
pepe teehee my oh my.png
8 KB, 473x500
>>66395511
>jogging/soccer
>>
>>66400367
They have pads because of the way they tackle, not the other way around. Football was almost federally banned because it had several dead players every year and the armor was introduced as a compromise.
>>
Strongman
>>
>>66395452
moto x enduro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1-DdToX9IY
>>
>>66395511
>soccer is easy, that is why we keep losing in internatinal matches
>>
>>66395452
Kumite
>>
Hockey
>>
>>66395452
waterpolo is by far the most exhausting one
>>
>>66400367
Has nothing to do with technique and everything to do with size and sheer athleticism. NFL players are bigger, stronger, faster, and more explosive than Rugby players.
>>
>>66400367
I went to a high school that was nationally ranked in football. Been to games where it ended early because too many players on the other team were getting injured.
>>
Pitcher and designated hitter
>>
definitely ice hockey
>>
>>66402111
#rekt
>>
File: 1453404211173.jpg (97 KB, 528x960) Image search: [Google]
1453404211173.jpg
97 KB, 528x960
>>66402111
>internatinal
You can't make this shit up
>>
>>66408339

It's easy to be strong as fuck when you only need to run 10 feet per play and 10 yards per match
Bring some cardio and then we can talk
>>
>>66414798
>NFL being EASY
>Kek
>>
>>66417651
>Jarryd Hayne literally walks in with no prior experience and makes a squad
>>
>>66417758
>gets kicked off for sucking ass
>>
>>66417758
I don't even like NFL and I acknowledge its level of athleticism is some of the highest. Its diverse too because of all the positions.
>>
Besides, America dominates in Olympic Medals so surely an American game would have the best athletes.
>>
basketball is up there.

Hardness = technical skill.

You can't just hop onto a court and be decent at basketball, you need some sort of skillset.

hockey is also a good example of this.

but pitcher? are you retarded?
>>
Honestly, e-sports would win.

It easily requires the most technical skill. you can't just go out in a game like wow 3v3 or league and rely on your physical attributes. it's almost pure skill based
>>
>>66418297
>Its diverse too because of all the positions.
>more than half the players are just dumb fatasses that run and push forward every play
>>
>pitcher
Baseball is probably one of the easiest sports out there. Everyone who has some decent athletic ability can catch and throw, just brush up on throwing technique and you have an outfielder. Batting is different, I'll give you that.
>>
Cycling and Boxing
>>
>>66418427
Running backs, defensive backs, wide receivers, line backers are more athletic than any hockey player
>>
Pro Golf

It's hard enough to just break 80 as an avid amateur, the scores they (pros) shoot and the course conditions they play in is mind boggling.
>>
I'd say probably (mainstream shit)
1. Wrestling. Aint tried that shit, sounds hard as fuck though.
2. Football. This could maybe tie with my next one
3. Rowing. Rowing is as hard as you make it. If you don't try hard, you don't get tired, and don't do well. If you try as hard as you can, you still might not do well, and you'll be wanting to kill yourself as well. Plus, unlike most sports, rowing isn't fucking fun. At all. It was literally derived as a torture method, i shit you not. Im rowing currently and its aight i guess, the only upside is the fun you have with your friends.
>>
>>66418533
>brush up on throwing technique

Which is so easy right

Dumbass
>>
Wrestling or hurling
>>
Most def tennis or ice hockey.
>>
File: FUCK!!.jpg (7 KB, 171x278) Image search: [Google]
FUCK!!.jpg
7 KB, 171x278
>>66418379

And there's this guy
>>
Gymnastics
Wrestling
Basketball
Water Polo
>>
Depends on what kind of "hard." There's shit that's physically ridiculous like combat sports, but in terms of difficulty in becoming pro level, golf is easily one of the most technically challenging sports in the world. Ask any pro athlete and no matter what their sport background, they'll tell you nothing has ever frustrated them more than trying to play a good consistent round.
>>
>>66395452
I'd say football
>11 players (the more players, the harder it is to coordinate them and the probabilty that one of them will fuck things is higher)
>Can't use hands to control the ball
>Relatively big field
>Almost no protection for the players
>Open air stadium meaning weather can fuck up things
>>
Biathlon(or cross country skiing in general) and tour cycling for fitness required.

No one cares about American sports, especially one where they recruit you based on your ability to bench press.
>>
>>66395452
kabaddi desu
>>
>>66422658
skiing fucking sucks
>>
File: GO ANGELS.png (16 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
GO ANGELS.png
16 KB, 250x250
>>66422658
In Mexico, Cuba, Dom Rep, Puerto Rico, parts of Central America, Colombia, Venezuela, Japan, So Korea, Taiwan, Philipines, Australia, Russia and a small following in Europe plus Israel...you have baseball fans.

Pic related: GO ANGELS!
>>
Depends on about a million variables so a pointless question.

If you're 6 foot 9 and naturally muscular then probably being a jockey.

If you're a manlet then the high jump or something like that
>>
The easier a sport is the higher the skill ceiling is.
>>
>>66395452
I agree 100% OP, it's very black and white
Sometimes team 1 will beat team 2
But in combat sports, the best (wo)man wins, end of fucking story
>>
>>66422900
Being a jockey can be hard for manlets sometimes too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=188L_D7zNdg&t=1m14s
>>
>>66422917

So fucking fixed
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.