[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>more than 300 games played for a good prem team >more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 524x281) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 524x281
>more than 300 games played for a good prem team
>more than 150 games as captain
>comfortably the best player in a side with several CL winners
>28 (prime CB age)
>6 foot 3
> old school defensive centre half
>Roy will never pick him for England again after hanging him out to dry against Ibra

Ryan shawcross being consistently left out of the national squad is one of the most obvious reasons why England will never achieve anything while Roy is in charge.
>>
The more expressive Stoke try to be the more mediocre he looks.

Anyone can look good when the whole team is set up to defend, your full back never leaves your side and your central midfielders are practically stood on your toes.
>>
>>66379642
Literally wrong m8.
He's been just fine under Hughes. A lot of time out through injuries this season but every single Stoke fan would still have him first on the team sheet ahead of playera like Shaqiri, Arnautovic, Bojan, Imbula.
Best player and captain of a team that is a handful of points away from a champions league spot.
There's no way that >Cahill and >Stones deserve to be in the England setup over EBRS
>>
>>66379748

All those guys are mediocre as fuck, I'm not disputing that but realistically Shawcross at the highest level will be found out like them too. England used to be so goat at producing centre backs. What happened?

Moore. Walker, Adams, Campbell, Rio, Terry.
>>
>>66379767
Sometimes you luck out with a generation, sometimes you don't.

As for Shawcross, I believe the Ramsey-tackle is being held against him. Not that there is a conspiracy to keep him out, but with the amount of Arsenal-player in England, they usually choose sides to avoid conflict and with nobody in Shawcross' corner, it's easier to not pick him.

I would definitely give him a shot though in place of Stones, who isn't starting every game or Jagielka. Or Cahill, with his abysmal season at Chelsea. Why not experiment?
>>
He never really had a chance after the Ramsey leg break.

London media ended his international career before it even began.

(also he's not very good)
>>
Unfortunately it comes down to a few less than average (over emphasised) England appearances, and club / country elitism that plagues the England set up.

OP is right, I know many Stoke fans and the mentality pre-game if Shawcross isn't playing tends to be 'well we've lost if we don't have Shawcross'. He's easily the first outfield name on the team sheet for Stoke when he's fit, that's not even in question.

Although he isn't fantastic, Shawcross is an excellent defender, and a very good leader. He's twice the player Robert Huth was, and is. Looking down the list of named England CBs, there's no reason to snub Shawcross the way they have been doing.

CB is already our weakest position, and we've been jeapordising our entire international campaigns by ignoring this gaping hole in the middle which hasn't been complete since the Terry / Ferdinand partnership. Nobody sticks out.

John Stones is blatantly average, needs to have the possession smashed out of his game or fuck off to Spain, a major consistent liability.

Jagielka has been terrible for Everton in the last few seasons, has not shown any signs of international standard.

Cahill, an over rated defender in a mediocre defence, everything is just it'll do with Gary.

Chris Smalling, just about the only defender young enough to hold down a place for the future, a promising lad that can only get better; IMO should be given the captaincy as soon as Wayne fucks off.

Shawcross could easily be in this England squad, and should honestly be starting in it alongside Chris Smalling. If the coaches and management had any credability they would meet with Shawcross, apologise for the snubs, and try and form the Shawcross / Smalling partnership England deserve to have for the next 4 years.
>>
Shawcross is a clumsy oaf and Zlatan took his manhood, he shouldn't be anywhere near the England team
>>
>>66380090
>one game

Yeah, I remember that time when Vardy missed an open goal vs Kidsgrove Athletic.

he shouldn't be anywhere near the England team
>>
>>66379944
>england
>experiment
>or giving chances to players from lesser teams
LOL
>>
My dad, a former explosives expert who served in Vietnam, once told me,

>Son, if ever you don't like the way your government's treating you, there are three ways you can go about it. One, you can shut the fuck up and continue with your life. Two, you can work the system and change it from within. Three? Change it from a rooftop.

Best advice that genius ever gave me.
>>
>>66380146
Can you help us? I feel that if the world started laughing at how mediocre our squad is, it might force the management to try something different.
>>
>>66380161
I already laughed on a chinese anime discussion site, isn't that enough?
>>
>>66380161
>Vardy doesn't get a game.
>Vardy comes on as a sub in the 84th minute....
>....on the wing.
>Drinkwater doesn't get picked after an expected average showing with an average team in Germany.
>Albrighton / Simpson also do not get picked.
>Delli Alli does not start.
>Wayne Rooney starts upfront.
>Adam Lallana starts

JUST
>>
>>66380188
What would you do to our starting 11?
>>
>>66380191
Simpson sucks though
>>
>>66380260
He's actually been the most consistent right back all season.
>>
>>66380065
>John Stones needs to have the possession smashed out of his game or fuck off to Spain

Disagree, it's a very strong suit to have as a defender and he needs to keep working on it. However, he does need to step up his defensive game, because one doesn't compensate nearly enough for the other and Stones is defensively suspect.
>>
>>66380281
Perhaps if you're set on playing complete possession football like Barcelona or Manchester United. It's shown up at Everton, likewise for England.

When you can't A) defend, and B) keep hold and play with possession efficiently, you become C) Shit and over rated.
>>
>>66380276
What about Tottenham's right back? I think it's either Kyle Walker or Danny Rose?
>>
>>66380308
Walker has been alright, but Simpson could slot in to any Premier League defence and stabilise the back line.

He's a defender, Kyle Walker is a wing back.
>>
He had his chance and fucked it up completely by getting raped by Zlatan

>come off the bench for the last 15 minutes
>It's your England debut.
>Congrats. Just don't embarrass yourself
>2-1 up. It would be nice to get a win in your first ever game in an England shirt
>...
>......
>lose 4-2

Shawcross is often reminded of that night in Stockholm by family and close friends, while it appears to have left an indelible mark in the minds of Roy Hodgson and his coaching staff. He has not been picked for an England squad since.

“I’m the butt of the joke in my family, just because the 10 minutes I had in international football was ruined by one man,” he says, closing his eyes and laughing.

“They are consistently saying that Zlatan ruined my career! I had a chance and I don’t think many other defenders have stopped him.

“I was given 10 minutes to show what I could do and probably didn’t provide a good enough performance. I was against one of the best strikers in the world who was on a hot streak at the time and these things happen."

>b-but Zlatan is too good

fuck off mate you had your chance and fucked it up
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.