[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Washington redskins Do should change their name or should remain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: change a name.png (432 KB, 1194x506) Image search: [Google]
change a name.png
432 KB, 1194x506
Washington redskins Do should change their name or should remain the redskins?
>>
>>66365990
Yes.
>>
>>66365990
You forgot how to english
>>
>>66366015
to me I really like the name of washington griffins
>>
>>66365990
Washington Welfares
>>
File: 0729131001421228679_filepicker.jpg (348 KB, 1365x1024) Image search: [Google]
0729131001421228679_filepicker.jpg
348 KB, 1365x1024
>changing the name
Americans are truly pathetic.

hip hoping between names, mascots, even cities. It's disgusting.

Nothing stays the same, and nothing is consistent. Not even the fucking fans. So much for being jealous of Europe for having a history. Your proffesional clubs have no history because they don't bother living the present.
>>
>>66366184
There's this thing called money. I know it's a new concept for you yuropoors but we in America are experts with it.

We'd rather our teams stay pro league and move to a different market than stay in the same city and fall to division 2 or lower and never climb back up again.

Also the Bobcats are back to being the Hornets like they are supposed to be.
>>
>>66366242
Boo fucking hoo, now I know why you're all Arsenal fans.
I can't imagine the team I've supported since birth ever moving away from my city, ever changing their name, or appealing to a different market.

100% of this fan base would rather they be in non-league than move to a different city. You think MK Dons are well liked? They're not. No amount of financial security can outweigh a clubs history, not the business operations or the directors, but the records, the past, the generation of fans, you can't take that away from European clubs.

So when a team like the Charlotte Hornets, who were founded only 27 years ago, changes their name, then moves to New Orleans, to become the New Oreans Pelicans for money. Suddenly out of thin air, Charlotte get a new team, just like that, poof magic, becoming the Charlotte Bobcats in 2004 only 12 fucking years ago. Then, not to confuse anyone about how pathetic American teams are, the Pelicans give the Charlotte Bobcats their history, literally giving them a history, only for the Bobcats to then rename themselves the Hornets. Not to mention some Oklahoma shit in the middle.

Honestly, pathetic.
>>
>its a british guy attempts to talk about american sports thread

None of us give a shit about history.
>>
>>66366492
No, what happened is the Hornets were always the Charlotte Hornets but the team moved to NOLA and became New Orleans Hornets, recently they gave the name and franchise history back to the Bobcats and renamed themselves the Pelicans.

Seattle is a shit city that doesn't care about their historical basketball team and when they needed a new stadium, the city wouldn't put up the money and game attendance was at a all time low.
The new generation didn't care about the team until they left, because it became cool in a hipster way to root for a team that doesn't exist anymore.
So fuck Seattle and their shit sports culture.
>>
>The owner of the Redskings finally came up with a name that is not offensive towards indigenous people from America, sources say.
>Washington Niggers
>>
>>66366717
All he needs to do is change it to a Native American tribe name and keep logo and he's in the clear. I don't understand why this is such a big deal.
>>
>>66366184
Trust me, the majority don't think like SJW. SJW is just the loudest blabbering idiot in a room of business people who want their money.

It's all business, and business rules the world. And, business's home base is the capitalist U.S.

Nothing you, I, or the rest of the world can do about it.

You can't argue against it, because then you're labled a biggot. It's brilliant to twist the culture to believe this artificially designed social agenda. It makes a ton of money because it guaruntees one viewpoint by an entire country, whether they like it or not.

Don't think you're exempt, either, Britbong. Didn't your country's SJW crowd try to 'ban' Trump? It's already too late for your side of the Atlantic, too.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.