[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>http://www.skysports.com/tennis/ne ws/12110/10215286/ser
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
>http://www.skysports.com/tennis/news/12110/10215286/serena-williams-disappointed-by-novak-djokovics-comments

What did she mean by this?
>>
>>66343997
That she doesn't understand basic economics.
>>
Shes wrong.

Want a 5 set match vs Djokovic Serena to prove your worth? Thought not.
>>
Serena is so fucking embarassing. Is she seriously the face of women tennis?
>>
Let's be real though, Serena Williams brings in more money than almost all the male tennis players. She has a legitimate reason to be upset.
>>
>>66343997
if both his kids become tennis players and the boy is more popular and draws more viewers for whatever reason, should they still be paid the same?
>>
>>66344097
This
>>
>>66344135
source please.
>>
>>66343997
she needs more money to fund her steroid addiction
>>
How stupid did the guy have to be to express this though, even if he is right and genuinely believes it? I mean what did he expect to come out of it?
>>
File: 1457670059850.jpg (12 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1457670059850.jpg
12 KB, 250x241
>>66344135
>>
>>66344179
i dunno, the feeling of saying something unpopular and not giving two shits because you're rich as fuck and good at your job is reason enough.
>>
>>66344179

Slav men aren't afraid of women, he doesn't give a fuck m8
>>
>>66344179
The Indian Wells CEO was ultra stupid. Novak, I'm not really sure how much he is going to lose over this.

He's from Serbia anyway. It's not like anyone expects a Serbian to be civilized.
>>
File: 1457958821716.jpg (27 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1457958821716.jpg
27 KB, 200x200
>>66344179
It's just a little bit of banter m8 (and he's right)
>>
We can say that the men should make more because they on average bring in more spectators and that the women are riding their "coattails," but couldn't the same be applied to men who don't bring in money? Should a lower ranked guy be making more than Sharapova and Williams just because of his penis? If, within the same competition, you're going to enforce gender segregation, I think it's completely reasonable to say that men and women should be paid the same.
>>
>>66344183
>>66344164
Does she not?
>>
>>66344253
She would be getting paid more than the men if that were the case.
>>
>>66344253
I don't think she does anymore, a dozen years ago maybe but even then we had Agassi and Sampras and guys like that
>>
>>66344277
wat

>>66344278
well, he did say "almost all male tennis players" and it's (without checking actual facts) almost certainly true than she brings in more than the vast majority of male players. She is outdone, for sure, by the top 5 or so. But beyond that, she probably is probably a bigger draw
>>
>>66344310
why would you compare how much money the #1 player in the world in one sport makes to how much the lower level players make in another sport? serena gets paid less than novak/federer/etc. because more people want to see the other ones, and she's probably mad about it or something
>>
>>66344338
I didn't compare them, apart from my just now as an explanation.

I doubt she's mad about that at all. I think she is, as she said, disappointed about what Djoker said.
>>
>>66344253

Of course not you fucking moron.
>>
Women's Tennis is only as big as it is because they play at the same time and same tournament as the men. Look at Women's Golf compared to Men's Golf and see the difference. It's easy to report on and interview the female players when they are a court away from what you came to see.
>>
File: 1457539816343.jpg (5 KB, 200x192) Image search: [Google]
1457539816343.jpg
5 KB, 200x192
http://www.skysports.com/tennis/news/12110/10215287/andy-murray-says-female-tennis-players-should-get-equal-pay-to-men

JUST
>>
>>66343997
She has a point to be honest. The Williams sisters are the most well known American tennis players, irregardless of gender.
Can you name three current American male tennis players right now without google?
>>
>>66344417
Isner, Donald Young... does Sam Querrey still play?
>>
If Djoker wants to say the men should get more money because they are more popular, let them get it in advertisement, then

this is prize money, not a cut of the profits
>>
Novak never said men should be paid more because they're men.

He said that attendance is higher for men's matches, then you can also consider that men play best of 5 sets while women play best of 3 and there's easily an argument to be made for men being paid more that isn't sexist.

But honestly, who gives a flying fuck? Tennis players make their bank with endorsements.
>>
>>66343997
>because he is a boy
>not because he brings in a bigger audience
So that is how they are going to play, completely disregard his actual words and put words in his mouth. I didn't expect anything less tbqh familia.
>>
File: natty williams.jpg (247 KB, 1000x864) Image search: [Google]
natty williams.jpg
247 KB, 1000x864
>>66343997
the NBA is sexist too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#equalpayforWNBA
>>
>>66344240
>but couldn't the same be applied to men who don't bring in money?
scrubs are paid fuckall
>Should a lower ranked guy be making more than Sharapova and Williams just because of his penis?
but they don't and they shouldn't, they should be paid more than female scrubs of the same level though, they're needed pieces of the more profitable part of tennis
>>
>>66344555
my understanding is that the WTA claims that women are willing to play 5 sets, but that the ITF doesn't want them to.

also, again, this is prize money we're talking about. the finalists don't get paid less if it's a shit final that nobody is interested in. because this isn't a cut of the profits; it's prize money.
>>
>>66344217
>It's not like anyone expects a Serbian to be civilized.
So in the first world, being silent when people are acting like retards is as sign of being civilized? Not voicing your opinion for fear of retaliation is seen as the right thing to do?
>>
>>66344692
That's the Land of Freedom we're talking about
>>
>>66344692
>So in the first world, you don't say everything that comes into your head without considering the implications
precisely
>>
>>66344393
didn't he say sometime ago that women should be playing 5 sets at Grand Slams if they wanted more money?
>>
>>66344714
How can you live with yourself knowing you're this much of a pussy? You do make the real world easier for guys like me though. I appreciate it.
>>
>>66344753
I guess I managed to get by with knowing deep down that I'm not the sort of idiot fake alpha wannabe who calls someone a "pussy" as if that has any meaning.
>>
File: 1458163944510.png (196 KB, 1211x1259) Image search: [Google]
1458163944510.png
196 KB, 1211x1259
>>66344135
>let's be honest

You first.
>>
>>66344766
So, essentially, you're living in your own reality where only you are right and everyone that doesn't agree with you is ignorant? Close-minded, narcissistic and a pussy. Quite a man.
>>
>>66344851
lol wat
I'm living in the reality where calling someone a pussy is some shit that only actual middle schoolers do.

Seriously, brah, you couldn't sound like more of a tryhard if you tried... hard
>>
Do how many hours Serena played in her grandslam wins/pay

Then do Novak, Serena will win by a large margin.

Women get paid more.
>>
>>66344884
>Do how many hours
nigger what?
>>
>>66344866

Now I'm convinced you've never actually interacted with anyone outside of your mothers womb IRL
>>
When even the biggest sjw at E!SPN, Kate Fagan, understands his argument and his point of view, it kind of shows how silly the reaction is to what he said.
>>
>>66344914
Well, you're an idiot, so that's not surprising, I guess.
>>
>only people agreeing with Serena ITT are Americaitlyns

how Cucked can a country get?
>>
>>66344894
For your simple American brain, iirc if you win a Grand Slam you have to win 7 games.

Women have to win at MAXIMUM 21 sets to win a grand slam

Men at MINIMUM have to win 21.

They get the same amount of prize winnings, so Women get paid the same for less time.

And thats before even calculating the advertising money lost by broadcasters.
>>
>>66344929
And you've now proven all my observations of you in a few short posts. May God have mercy on your soul.
>>
>>66344959
Nigger, Do how many hours is nigger english

"calculate" maybe... some action that can be performed. but you can't do hours
>>
Ooga booga where da White men at?
>>
>>66344179
>caring about what an inferior gorilla thinks of supply and demand
>>
>>66344968
again, not surprising, as I can only imagine that your only observation of me was something along the lines of "this guy is way smarter than I am"

though I have a hard time believe it took you more than one post (despite your obvious deficiencies)
>>
>>66344253
No, she doesn't, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>66344970
what?

girl plays 7 games all 1 hour long gets 7million=1million an hour

male plays 7 games all 2 hours long gets 7million=500,000 an hour
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.