[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the chances of France winning the Euros this year in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 2
File: 1458473738050.jpg (143 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
1458473738050.jpg
143 KB, 1024x683
What are the chances of France winning the Euros this year in their home country?
>>
Without Benzema?

0%
>>
None.

>Sakho
>Varane
>Koscielny
>Evra
>Digne
>Jallet

You can't win with blundermachines as defenders, and strikers who can't fucking score, no matter how strong the midfield is.
>>
>>66338886
martial looks like a affirmative action mannequin
>>
>>66338989

Sakho is unironically very very good. He is unironically a strong mid-high tier defender.
>>
>>66338982
You mean the guy who couldn't score for more than 1200 consecutives minutes and didn't score anything when it mattered during the last WC (aka other than useless goals in the Swiss buttrape)?
>>
>>66339030
This. People underrate him because he looks clumsy as fuck but, under Klopp, he's been better than Varane, Laporte and Koscielny
>>
File: Niggers.png (340 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
Niggers.png
340 KB, 600x300
>>66338886
FRANCE IS WHITE
>>
>>66338982
I'm a huge Benzema fan but he has always been wank for the NT.

I unironically think Giroud might be a good option with runners from midfield like Pogba and Matuidi and a goalscorer like Griezmann on the wing.
>>
>>66339064
Varane is struggling due to Zidane giving no fucks about defense and Laporte has been trash all season. Bad comparisons imo

>>66339097
Gignac is a better option than that shitter Giroud
>>
>>66338886
Saudi Arabia is hosting the Euros?
>>
What part of France are those lads from?
>>
Matuidi is shit.
>>
jallet is a top player
matuidi sucks dick
giroud is as coordinated as a four year old
kanté is better than busquets
>>
why do french people not rate benzema but think griezmann is decent/? What has griezmann done that benzema hasn't for nt
>>
>>66338989
what happened to kurzawa?
>>
>>66339097
>griezmann
>goal scorer for france

pick 1
>>
>>66345189
he's a relatively new player so there is still hope he can be useful in a tournament
benzema had multiple chances and never delivered, the only important goal he scored I can think of is against ukraine in the WC 2014 playoffs
>>
>>66339073
Henry is pretty white tho tbhfam
>>
>>66339138
Pogba is from Lagny-sur-Marne
>>
Worse then Iceland's
>>
>>66345317
He has been playing well recently for france though. he would work best as a second striker
>>
>>66345385
he already had good friendly performances before doing fuckall in tournaments
and he doesn't really play with a second striker at real, as obsessed with scoring ronaldo is
>>
Soooo much talent on that French side.

Them and Belgium better kill it

and by it I mean ISIS
>>
All these french morons not wanting their best player at the tournament.

Enjoy winning shit.
>>
>>66338886

Wow, I thought "France is black" was just a meme. Do they even have white guys other than Lloris?
>>
>>66345430
even if that were true, when was the last time benzema put numbers like he has with real madrid right now? He is the best player you have for club and i think he is in his best moment. could be one of the best in the world if he tried
>>
>>66345448
france has a lot of chokers and look good as individuals. they won't be a team with good chemistry like germany.
>>
Zero chance since they don't have a young Marcus Rashford
>>
>>66345448
>France and Belgium
>Not 'only looks good on paper' teams

Pick one
>>
>>66338886
Varane looks like he's about to go compete in a High Jump competition
>>
>>66338886
The same as that there won't be a terror attack
>>
I don't usually rate men but varane is so handsome. god i wish i looked like him + have his height
>>
>>66338886
The same as that there won't be a terror atack
>>
>>66339211
Underrated post
>>
Who else is going to win it? only Germany seem good enough to challenge them but home factor should be enough to make the French better.
>>
>>66346501
no leaders in that french team, semis at best
it'll be either germany or spain, with italy as outsiders, they always up their game when they have a seemingly mediocre squad
>>
>>66346535
>they always up their game when they have a seemingly mediocre squad
Like we did in 2010 or 2014?
>>
>>66346590
You're traditionally slow starters. If you're getting out of the group, you're a contender.
>>
>>66346535
>not mentioning England
>>
>>66346501
Do you lads even have a striker holy shit?

You guys probably have the best defense and midfield in the Euros but there is literally no strikers.
>>
It'd be quite high if only we didn't exist
unlucky lads
>>
>>66338886
Germany is for me the clear favorite for the title. behind that you have Spain, France and Belgium who are strong contenders.
>>
>>66348274

They got that lanky shit who plays in the prem, what's his name? He played against us the last friendly we played...ahhh fuck it's on the tip of my tongue.....
>>
I thought the all blacks played in Oceania?
>>
>>66348274
Martial ?
>>
>>66345492

Koscielny, Giroud, Schneiderlin
>>
>>66348340

Pelle that's it I remembered!
>>
>>66338989

Anybody else think Koscielny is underrated? I know his Arsenal howlers but they often result from a ridiculous game plan or being paired with guys like Vermaelen or Merteslobber, or having Mikel-no-legs in front of him. With a sensible coach and a trustworthy cb pair he could be world class imo.

Haven't watched him play for France though.
>>
>>66348353
Griezzmann, Jalet, Cabaye, Debuchy, Digne, Costil, Valbuena...
>>
>>66339138
the african part
>>
>>66348340
>>66348357

> Pelle

Jesus thats just sad.
>>
>>66348362
This season has been one of his weaker ones to be fair, though he still has been our best CB.
>>
>>66348816

they have memeotelli as well but for obvious reasons he doesn't get picked much nowadays
>>
>>66339138
paris metro area except for varane
>>
>>66348478

you're going to have to narrow that down a bit
>>
>>66348274
As good as Iaquinta and Gilardino.
>>
>>66348274
If only Italy had a player the caliber of Wayne Rooney, they'd win all the trophies.

>stikers
>making a difference, ever

You don't need superstar strikers if the rest of the team is good enough.
>>
>>66348969

when they did win trophies they had great strikers you ignorant tub of goo
>>
>>66348997
35-year-old Del Pierro and Inzhagi plus Gilardino and Iaquinta? You only call them great because of what happened in that tournament. Had /sp/ existed in spring 2006 you would've been greentexting Gilardino and Iaquinta.

Not to mention Italy were Euro runners-up last tournament with Balotelli and Cassano.
>>
>>66339120
>Gignac
I'd look great to if I went from France to Mexico. His call up is basically affirmative action working in reverse. He'll probably retire int'lly after euros
>>
If France annexed French speaking parts of Belgium, would they have gotten Benteke or Lukaku to solve their striker problems?
>>
>>66349051
>You only call them great because of what happened in that tournament.

that's how we usually judge players, on their perormance
>>
>>66349051

>Del Pierio and Inzaghi weren't great players

ok
>>
>>66349051
> I dont rate Balotelli and Cassano back in 2012

ok american.
>>
>>66349198
They were way past their prime in 2006 and were only used as substitutes.

>>66349309
Yea, I rate them after the fact. Again, hindsight is 20/20 so don't act like you, a Brit, thought Balotelli was in top form before the 2012 tournament. Cassano was fat as fuck too.

All I'm saying is the striker position seems to be overrated, especially in a tournament. What else can I say, other than TORRES.
>>
>>66349374

it's not overrated, stop talking bollocks m8
>>
>>66349086
gignac has the same amount of goals as griezmann in 2015-2016 with france, but with half the games
>>
>>66349391
A lot of good it's done for Portugal, Argentina and, dare I say it, England.
>>
>>66349391
Do Euros have a saying similar to "defense wins championships" because it's true in pretty much every sport except apehoop.
>>
>>66349415

Saying any position on the team is overrated and unnecessary is just ignorant m8. Even if the striker doesn't score but works hard holding the ball up, coming back to defend on corners and linking up play then he is doing a good job for the team. Football is a fluid game and positions are not set in stone.
>>
>>66349450
>Even if the striker doesn't score but works hard holding the ball up, coming back to defend on corners and linking up play then he is doing a good job for the team.

Yea, Jozy Alitdore can really do wonders on the pitch.
>>
>>66349473

Jozy Altidore is just generally shit all round so I don't see what your point is.

Drogba didn't score lots of goals but he is widely regarded as one of the greatest strikers in Premier league history because of his all round game, because he did a lot of the team work stuff I mentioned.
>>
*tHe stadium explodes during the final* xD
>>
I can't wait for some team to beat memrance.
>>
>>66345317
He was good at the World Cup wasn't he?
>>
>>66349519
How'd that work out for Ivory Coast? I'm talking about national teams here, not clubs that get to train together daily. I just think that if you look at the history of the international game, strikers don't tip the scales the way a superstar goalkeeper or attacking midfielder can. I guess it can really depends on who you call a striker, mostly I mean a false nine like Zidane, Totti or Messi.
>>
>>66349634

Only one team can win the world cup every 4 years. Are you saying that every striker that doesn't win the world cup is therefore useless?

And I totally disagree with strikers not tipping the scales that is absolute nonsense, it's one of the most important positions on the pitch. A lot of the best and most influential players ever were strikers.
>>
>>66349632
No. He was good against Switzerland, but was not decisive as it was a complete assraming. That's about it. He did nothing for the rest of the tournament.

Then he choked hard against Germany

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84RHbezFzE0
>>
>>66345492
it makes me sad desu
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.