[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
basketball: is their a method to the madness?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: bball.jpg (3 KB, 108x96) Image search: [Google]
bball.jpg
3 KB, 108x96
how much theory, strategy, etc goes into basketball, or is it mainly random and individual prowess?
>>
>>66336706
I have a lot of respect for the teams that focus on their organization, and put more money and effort in to growing a collective spirt as opposed to most teams who either A) tank in order to eventually B) make the play offs and contend.

Defence is better that offence, maybe not to watch for neutrals, but there's more importance in a well worked possession taking 22 seconds to find your best hitter in the corner with an open 3, than say, having a decent point guard run to the net in the hope of getting fouled.

In my opinion not enough strategy goes in to basketball, and their will soon be a revolution where analytics will provide GMs and coaches the opportunities to look beyond stars and built individual philosophies within the sport.
>>
>>66336706
>strategy

Implying nogs can do anything other than chuck the rock and scratch their nuts
>>
>>66336754
Some players are just better than others.
>>
>>66336706
More strategy than soccer.
>>
File: image.jpg (469 KB, 1209x756) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
469 KB, 1209x756
>>66336706
You when your playing d&d and have a 32 sided dice and are trying to roll for a double critical hit. Its like that but a black guy is yelling u suck white boi
>>
A lot of everything I'd say

With any sport, once you really dig into how the sport is played, you see the tactics, athleticism and effects of coaching
>>
>>66336706

competent defense is easy but requires a good coach who can relentlessly push the mentality needed for truly great defense (See: Thibs)

Good offense is generally playing to the strengths of your players. Feed Shaq in the post, kick it out to Kerr for the 3, spread out the floor so Westbrook can attack the rim.

And there are the truly greats:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piI-Ey_E77E
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.