[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Damn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
Damn
>>
>>66334417
i thought wrestling is not a part of the olympic games anymore
>>
>>/asp/
>>
Did the tests get more accurate?

>>66335589
>(you)
>>
>tfw doped up to win Sochi
>tfw doped up to get BTFO of the 2018 World Cup
>tfw doped up to play in half-completed stadiums in Qatar and live in a tent city in 2022
>>
>>66335565
2020 onwards.
>>
>man drama
>sport
>>
>>66334417
not surprised
>>
>>66335651

It's so ridiculous that one of the oldest olympic disciplines gets cut when there's a ton of psedo-niché-bullshit "sports" that are still on the program

what the fuck are the IOC thinking. fucking cucks
>>
>>66334417

I thought they kicked wrestling out of the olympics?
>>
>>66335602
Meldonium or whatever it's called got banned at the start of the year and apparently none of the Russian athletes got the memo. Though it was only them using it in the first place. 17% of Russian athletes tested were on it before the ban, 2% overall iirc. They've been getting caught all over the fucking place since January.

I fucking love this though. Shows to all the gullible idiots that think professional sports are 100% clean how wrong they have been all this time.
>>
>>66335762
I heard it was because it took up too many medals. If that's the case, then make it a single dual tournament where the countries face off. It's complete shit they're just getting rid of it.
>>
>get rid of the one the the ORIGINAL Olympic sports
>shit like curling and that weird skiing/shooting game are still in

lol what a fucking joke. the feminization of mankind is real
>>
>>66336265
>too many medals
>meanwhile the swimming events stay exactly the same
Great reasoning if that's the case desu senpai

>>66336286
Biathlon is god tier sport. That said wrestling definitely needs to be in the Olympics.
>>
>>66336348
>'Biathlon is god tier sport.'
>that flag

I knew it, I FUCKING KNEW a Finn would show up to defend that sport because you guys get the gold like every single time lol
>>
>>66336364
>implying the biathlon isn't the premier sport for the world's greatest assassins

They need to relax too, anon.
>>
>>66336286
Endurance skiing is one of the most physically demanding sports in the world. It's legit. Agree about curling and a bunch of others.
>>
>>66336364
Except we don't. We have one decent woman in it and everyone else is shit. And even she chokes on Olympics and world champs. Even if we had no one I'd still have the same opinion. It combines two things that really don't go together easily. The faster you ski the harder hitting targets will be. It's the pinnacle of winter sports as it requires great physical and mental ability, skill and strategy all in one. And it makes for great spectator sport since you never know who wins before the race.
>>
>Real wrestlers using steroids

what
>>
>>66336809
sounds practical, only cycling and weightlifting probably have more of a steroid problem
>>
>>66335762
but heaven forbid we get rid of fucking table tennis or cut down on the swimming medals

>there are 4 gold medals to be won from table tennis
>>
>>66336921
it will be 5 in 2020

>IOC in charge of not having their head up their ass
>>
I'm of the opinion that there should be even more events in the Olympics, not less.
>>
IOC

>get rid of baseball even though it is popular in 20+ countries and has had great parity in the Olympics
>get rid of wrestling even though it is one of the fucking pillars of the Olympics
>table tennis is effectively China vs. >implying, with many of the "competitors" consisting of naturalized Chinese players...so lets give this sport another medal

bravo
>>
>>66336993
I don't know about that. Seems like there are a lot already. I don't want every fringe sport/game to be in the Olympics. That said, canning wrestling is sacrilege.
>>
>>66337111
I think all aspects of human endeavour should be in the Olympics.
>>
>>66337111
Canning wrestling is part of a coordinated effort to remove masculinity from all walks of life.
>>
>>66336993
>>66337111
There should be more events overall but fewer events within the same sport.
>>
>>66337056
All French-acronymed organizations are inherently corrupt.

And yes, MSF too.
>>
>>66337151
Yet yachting remains in the Olympics for trust fund Chads. And in addition to getting rid of wrestling they are bringing back golf this year.
>>
Note that I'm only talking about the Summer Olympics, because the Winter Olympics is a meme event that no one cares about.

1. The Olympics should demonstrate the highest calibre of competition for that sport. For that reason, basketball, baseball, boxing, and soccer should just be removed, because the professional leagues and events offer much better competition.

2. A lot of racing sports should be pared down for the Olympics. Literally every sport has its own World Championship event in which the "niche" events can be held.

For example:

Racing events. Racing disciplines should have one sprint, one mid-distance event, one long-distance event, one technical event, one relay, and one marathon.

Eg.

Running: 100m, 800m, 5000m, 110m Hurdles, 4x200 relay, Marathon.
Swimming: 50m, 400m, 1500m, 400 IM, 4x100M relay, 10k open water
And so forth for rowing and cycling...

3. Get rid of the manlet weight classes. There should be no weight classes below 160 pounds, which is what a muscular, 5'9" man should weigh.

- Wrestling: Get rid of Greco-Roman. Then get rid of all freestyle weight classes below 74kg. We don't have 8 foot, 10 foot and 12 foot hoop basketball. If you want to fight, stop being a manlet. If you are a manlet, bulk the fuck up. Get rid of women's wrestling, because female wrestlers are always butt-ugly. It's not a waifu sport.

4. Get rid of shitty meme sports like men's field hockey, men's handball, taekwando, judo, mountain biking, and whatever else was added since 2000.
>>
>>66337351
You're a faggot, it's a gentlemanly pursuit.
>>
>>66336921
>swimming medals
seriously wtf is this
Did Michael Phelps really need to prove he was the best at swimming in 6 different ways?
>>
>>66337727
Maybe you can try to introduce fedora tipping for 2020.
>>
ATTENTION:

Wrestling was voted into the 2020 Olympics. It beat out Squash and Baseball in a special vote for the final spot. Wrestling WILL NOT be removed.
>>
>>66334417
russians/soviets have always doped. they dont have super athletes and they dont have super hard workers yet they always did well in amateur olympic sports
>>
>>66335651
Don't forget Gridiron Football start in 2020 too
>>
File: actually.png (35 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
actually.png
35 KB, 700x700
These are professional wrestlers you're talking about, that means this belongs in /asp/
>>
>>66334417
>slavs cheat

Holy shit no way
>>
>>66339931
Wait I thought they didn't make it into the 2020 Olympics.

[spoiler] I'm seriously hoping it will be an olympic sport by 2024. It's gonna be my only chance to be at the olympics as a competitor. [/spoiler]
>>
>>66336921
or even meme sports like womens ribbon dancing
>>
>>66336809
>any sport with weight classes
>not steroid-ridden
>>
>>66336265

yeah, just make Dylan and Miguel magically gain 40 pounds in the weeks imminent to the games just so they can make weight because the corrupt IOC thinks there's too many medals in wrestling.

If the 2020 games weren't being held in Tokyo, Judo would be on chopping block imo. More corrupt, almost no competition, more athletes getting fucked over medals.
>>
>>66335762
Modern Pentathlon was the one that everyone was expecting to get cut

However, the one of the guys who decided on which sport to ax was a descendant of the guy who invented the modern pentathlon
>>
>>66336364
That's Norway

They pretty much rack up all their medals in biathlon and cross country skiing
>>
>>66337131
>tfw shitposting olympics in 2024
>>
File: abortedwizardry.jpg (484 KB, 656x835) Image search: [Google]
abortedwizardry.jpg
484 KB, 656x835
>>66337131
>being alone is now an Olympic event
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.