[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post fanbases that are experts at mental gymnastics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: USAs gymnastics team.png (87 KB, 660x390) Image search: [Google]
USAs gymnastics team.png
87 KB, 660x390
>pic very much related
>>
>>66332392
>Longhorns
At least the Aggies and Tech know they're bad. That team is straight up delusional.
>>
File: 5454.png (19 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
5454.png
19 KB, 259x194
>>
>>66332435
>Spurs
>Mental gymnastics

Yeah, 20 years of greatness and they still have to justify anything
>>
>>66332392
Not posting picture of the GOAT mental gymnast pats ''''''''''''''''''''''''fans'''''''''''''''''''''''
>>
Is this the new 'career-ending injury' thread?
>>
>>66332447
>le pop lost on purpose xD
This thread is obvious b8. Everyone disperse, nothing to see hear.
>>
Falcons.
>>
>>66332447
>"he lost on p-purpose guise, i swear!"
>>
>>66332493
>>66332544
How is that mental gymnastics?
>>
File: 1455195047872.gif (2 MB, 260x462) Image search: [Google]
1455195047872.gif
2 MB, 260x462
>>66332555
>Spuredditors
>>
>>66332435
Lol I can't believe what I'm hereing. Sperms fans are the worst, there literal retards
>>
>>66332625
Remember when Pop rested Duncan, Parker and Ginobili against the Big 3 Miami Heat?
>>
>>66332639
Nice try, Spurdora
>>
>>66332392
This, and I'm a Warriors fan.

I just got done reading a bunch of these dunces labeling Tony Parker a dirty player for a foul he committed during Spurs v Warriors the other night.

Parker made a fucking smart play when he was guarding Curry.

Curry had dribbled behind a Livingston screen just above the 3 pt line. Parker went under the screen, and when Curry started to go up for the shot Parker pushed Livingston back into Curry to prevent the uncontested three.

It's obvious, even to homer/faggot Warriors fans, that Parker had intentionally drawn the foul, and that the contact between Livingston and Curry more than likely contributed to the failed shot attempt.

And, there's something wrong with you if you see this as a dirty play by Parker.

If anything, it's an obvious display of elite defensive intuition.
>>
File: 1456444873074.png (744 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1456444873074.png
744 KB, 800x600
>>66332690
> and I'm a Warriors fan.
>>
>>66332785

You do you.

Don't ever change.
>>
>>66332690
>obvious display of elite defensive intuition.
>giving Curry 3 free throws

lmao
>>
>>66332868
> Giving Curry an uncontessted 3
> rather than put him off his rythm

Why play defense on him at the 3 pt line at all then?

You're a bright one.
>>
>>66332890
why not play defense without fouling?
>>
>>66332899
Curry was basically balls deep in Livingston he was so close to his back when he pulled up. There was no room for Parker to split.
As a last ditch effort I'd do the same thing to ensure Curry doesn't get the clean look and potentially start to feel it .

Smart play.
>>
File: heck ya dude.jpg (45 KB, 162x151) Image search: [Google]
heck ya dude.jpg
45 KB, 162x151
>>66332801
Fo' sho brah
>>
>>66332690
This was correctly called by the refs btw

You can't just go around shoving players into other players who are in the act of shooting that deliberately.

Dumb play by Parker all around and correctly called by the refs.
>>
>>66333024
Smart play by parker.

Of course they called it on him, as they should have.

Doesn't mean it was stupid of Parker.

This is just one play that shows the Spur's objective going into the game.

To not let G.S., and especially Curry, get comfortable and find their rythm.

This is why they lost.
They couldn't shoot, even on open shots.
That, and they were missing crucial size and depth inside and on defense, which San Antonio too advantage of on the glass and in the paint offensively.

So, in context it is a smart play.
>>
>>66333024
Deliberate fouls happen all the time. What the hell are you talking about?
>>
Man remember when Lebron was down here with Wade and Bosh wasn't on the verge of death. Good times. That being said I hope those faggot cavs fans lose for all eternity.
>>
I think some of those gymnists found this thread.
>>
Cheatriots.
>>
>>66333054
Was a idiot play, only a dip shit would do that and think you could get away with it.

Warriors only lost because they were gassed. They weren't running the court, weren't running off screens, just playing at the spurs pace and pretty casual by their standards. Still almost pulled it off too. Even in tonight's game against the wolves it was a replay of the spurs game. Couldn't rebound or create space for themselves on offense, but played solid defense and did enough to win this one.

It's funny though, because when the Warriors blew out the spurs, you could tell the spurs were trying on defense. You can just tell when players are hustling and trying, but you could tell the Warriors offense in this past game was was at half speed. Their offense has been like for a week leading into these 2 last games.

But yeah, the spurs played their best, but the warriors could be play better.
>>
>>66332511
Lol please explain your reasoning.
>>
>>66333063
What are you retarded? He shoved a player into another player shooting a 3. That's what the fuck I'm talking about lel.
>>
As a Vikings fan I've had to perform some pretty impressive mental gymnastics over the years to convince myself to not throw away and burn all of my vikes gear. every day under brad childress was on a knife's edge
>>
File: image.png (9 KB, 528x404) Image search: [Google]
image.png
9 KB, 528x404
>>66332392
Da beres
>>
>>66332435
>implying fat Antonio is flexible enough to bend
>>
>>66335768
>implying we don't know and only live for the funposting
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.