[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Inc goat, be ready, this is your warning.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7
Inc goat, be ready, this is your warning.
>>
>>66323634
Ingram>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Simmons
>>
He's dogshit though.

Hell the entire first five picks last year woukdn go before him.
>>
File: 50fmll.gif (743 KB, 175x126) Image search: [Google]
50fmll.gif
743 KB, 175x126
>Australian named Ben
>GOAT

Pick one.
>>
Even if he's a decent pro, I consider him a failure in his judgment for choice of colleges.

Even Carmelo could carry a team to a title.
>>
>>66323634
>Great talent and great genes of kids like Ingram and Simmons will be wasted on shit teams like the 76ers and Lakers

This gets me salty as fuck.
>>
Overrated shit
>>
>>66324372
Naw, Simmons is the real deal. All he needs to do is develop his jumper like Kawhi.
>>
>>66324372
Strawberry flag has a point.

Ingram is literally KD 2.0 and Simmons can't even win in college.
>>
>>66329836
>implying Simmons ain't bringing the lake show back baby
>>
>>66329909
>Implying they'll even be able to draft him

I really wanna believe too man, I do.

But the odds are fucking shit.
>>
the ingram>simmons narrative is cute

enjoy your one-dimensional slenderman

don't even START comparing kd to ingram just cause they're both skinny wings you draftexpress ass hoes. teenage kd takes shits with more skills than ingram
>>
>>66329884
Simmons is literally the only good player on the LSU team. One person can't carry the entire team.
>>
Hield will be better than both Ingram and Simmons

especially Simmons
>>
>>66330004
>one person can't carry the entire team
kek, this is apehoop. One person carries a team all the time
>>
>>66330004
except that is fucking bullshit, Quarterman is an NBA prospect too
>>
>>66330004
>One person can't carry the entire team

Do you even basketball? This is one of the few sports where one player can carry a team. Just look at Lelbron
>>
>>66323634
>Stat padded on a garbage team
>Can't shoot
>Didn't elevate anyone else's game despite "muh point forward"
>Clearly didn't give a shit a lot of the time
Not worth the number one pick in any other draft. He's not going to be a star player.
>>
>>66330065

quarterman is an undersized tweener whiteboy. he will not be drafted and he will play in europe at best. stop
>>
>>66330004
Bullshit. Antonio Blakeney was a 5 star recruit and they had a transfer player named Craig Victor who was decent as well. The whole team under performed.
>>
>>66330223
>Quarterman
>whiteboy
>undersized
>tweener

the dude is a fucking 6'6" combo guard and he's black, what in the everloving FUCK are you talking about?
>>
>>66330049
>one person can't carry the entire team

C'mon son

Lebron
Dirk Nowitzki
Harden
Anthony Davis
LaMarcus
>>
>>66330357
what the fuck has Harden ever carried a team to? He lost Parsons and now the team is a dumpster fire.
>>
File: 1450396110287.png (48 KB, 400x389) Image search: [Google]
1450396110287.png
48 KB, 400x389
>>66330357
>Harden
>carrying anything
>>
>>66330294

>efficiency is terrible
>14 pts per 40
>average rebounder for position
>not young

yeah awesome nba prospect really sets himself apart yeah
>>
>>66330379
He got his team to the playoffs last year. Simmons wasn't even good enough to get his team into a tournament with 64 entries.
>>
>>66330459
noboy as awful on efense as Haren gets the istinction of "carrying" a team
>>
>LSU is a well established team
>Ben Simmons, supposedly the next LeBron, comes along
>suddenly the team underachives

hmmm
>>
>>66330004
>One person can't carry the entire team.
This was meant as a sarcastic joke, right? Right?!?
>>
>>66330379
>>66330401

Nigga, Harden carried his team to the 2015 playoffs.
Yeah he's a fucking retard on defence, but he's like 70% of the reason rockets scored enough points to win shit before getting curbstomped by the eventual champions.
>>
ok memers you're right. pick ingram first. definitely BPA over simmons

lel. enjoy ingram sixers or whoever the fuck gets the first pick. whoever gets simmons gets the real prize. he's like barely one tier below lebron of an athlete with better measurements and he's ambidextrous

>b-but muh shooting

kawhi leonard ws liek the worst shooter in cbb and he was turned into one of the best shooters from three in the league. shooting is one skill that can be improved
>>
>>66330589
Kawhi also got SDSU to the sweet sixteen with a weaker supporting cast than Simmons

Simmons is a fucking bust
>>
>>66323634
Welcome to Los Angeles :)
>>
>>66330589
And a passion for winning is a skill that is hard to teach. It's not just that his team underachieved, it's how utterly uninterested he was the entire season.
>>
>>66330626

got an aspiring GM over here, cute

ingram is a dumb tatted up nigger chucker. the kd comparisons are cute. kd has more ability i nthe tip of his needledick than ingram has in his 150lb body
>>
>>66330660

there was no point for him to play except for the dumb ass one-and-done rule. of course he's uninterested. who gives a shit. he's trying to get in and out and make money quick

>muh passion
>muh love for the game
>>
Why did he bother going to college at all? Why not play a year in Europe and make some money?
>>
>>66330761
Some nigga tried that before and sucked ass in Europe and hurt his draft stock.
>>
>>66330761

brandon jennings did the italy-after-hs bulslhit because he was literally a poor nigger from gardena. he needed money immediately for him and his family and it made sense. simmons' dad was a pro ball player and he has deals lined up already. there was no point, and he'd make more money in the end with marketability and exposure if he had a "year"(more like barely 7-8 months) here
>>
>>66330789
You mean Jennings? He was drafted 10th. His stock wasn't hurt. He was still a lottery pick and pocketed $3 million from his one year contract and endorsements.
>>
>>66325447
Carmelo had support, this guy didnt
>>
>>66330699
so if he gets drafted to a shitty team he's just going to mail it in then too?

dude is a fucking bum
>>
>>66330789
>>66330916

emmanuel mudiay went pro overseas after high school too, played like shit and got hurt and his stock dropped a bit (although he still went lottery). kid cant shoot worth a lick though.
>>
The Lakers are getting the No. 1 pick no matter what. The NBA needs them to be great again. He'll get drafted, then they'll trade Randal to the Knicks for Melo and the Lakers will have a Russel, Simmons, Anthony big three. Yet, they still won't make it outta the first round.
>>
>>66331060
>Russel

Remind me again why everyone is shitting their pants about him even though there's a small handfull of rookies who are objectively better
>>
>>66330699
He is an international player. He didn't need to come over for college. His fellow Aussies Dante Exum and Joe Ingles didn't
>>
>>66331118
I almost forgot both of them were Aussies. Damn they are really putting out some great talent down there.
>>
>>66331118

he is australian but because he played high school basketball at and graduated from an american high school he has to be at least one year removed from that graduating class.
>>
>>66331118

he went to h.s. in america
>>
>>66331143
Jazz are making playoffs mate. >We're so close, only need to beat the Rockets and Mavs.
>>
>>66331118
You can't be drafted straight out of HS even from Australia, so he had to something this year. Exum played/trained at the AIS for a year (in hindsight it would have been better for his development to play college but it might also have hurt his draft stocks). Ingles was drafted in his mid-20s.
>>
>>66331310
I was kidding shitposter. All Australian players suck ass. (including Bogut)
>>
>>66331501
Watch us snag a cheeky bronze this year in Brazil m8
>>
>>66331501
why must you reintroduce bullyball? We just wanted to join the basketball community. :(
>>
Buddy Hield >>>>>>>>>>> Ingram >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ben Simmons
>>
>>66331501
that was a bit mean
>>
>>66323634
hes gonna be the biggest bust the draft has ever seen at number 1 and the lakers are going to be dumb enough to fall for it

you aus posters dont know shit i remember this time last year you were pushing >delly to be 6th man of the year
>>
has there ever been an NBA all-star who in college at a power conference team did not get to the NCAA tourney?

>Kawhi: no
>Bosh: no
>Wade: no
>Durant: no
>IT: no
>Davis: no
>Cousins: no
>Derozan: no
>Melo: no
>Horford: no
>Westbrook: no
>Love: no
>Aldridge: no
>Paul: no
>Klay: no
>Drummond: no
>Butler: no
>Teague: no
>Griffin: no
>Joe Johnson: no
>Wall: no
>Lowry: no
>Duncan: no

etc.
>>
>>66331532
>>66331551
American sports posters are literal subhuman trash. There's no point in trying to have a reasonable discussion with them, it's just needlessly hostile shitposting all the way down.
>>
>>66331581

sdsu was not a power conference team
>>
>>66331594
not quite, but MWC was a pretty brutal conference before Utah left
>>
>>66331602

mwc is not a trash conference but it answers the post's question

kawhi had a good ass coach in college too. elite recruiter and great defensive coach
>>
>>66331581
Klay actually didn't make the tourney but I'm pretty sure everybody else
>>
>"Generational talent"
>Can't even get his team into a tournament of 68 teams while playing in the weakest power conference in the country
>Can't get his team into a tournament when the media is desperately fellating him in the hopes he gets in

Wouldn't touch this faggot with a 20 foot pole if I had the #1 overall. Anyone who takes plays off at this age is a front-runner and guaranteed bust.

>>66330004

LSU was a tournament team last year.
>>
>>66331620
Lol your post is really entertaining.
>>
File: youaintshit.jpg (65 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
youaintshit.jpg
65 KB, 960x960
>>66330201
>>Stat padded on a garbage team
>>Can't shoot
>>Didn't elevate anyone else's game despite "muh point forward"
>>Clearly didn't give a shit a lot of the time
>Not worth the number one pick in any other draft. He's not going to be a star player.

Absolutely ALL of this. This fucking dope is going to be drafted on pure potential alone. That's what the NBA has been doing for a long time, and that's why it's product is diluted. This kid is gonna get picked top 3, and at best, he's gonna have a "2nd rounder" type career. Waste of dough, whoever falls for this meme player.
>>
>>66330479
you need some d's in there yo
>>
>>66330556
>LSU basketball
>well established
>>
>>66331009
>literally using the bum argument
>being an old bitch
>>
>>66331550
Buddy is a fucking senior in college. Ingram and Simmons would shit all over him if they were seniors as well. They're arguably more talented than him as well its just he has more experience in college. When they get to the NBA, everyone will be saying "Buddy who? Oh that cuck from Oklahoma who's momma prays for him like a dumb cunt".
>>
File: anthony-bennet.jpg (52 KB, 491x303) Image search: [Google]
anthony-bennet.jpg
52 KB, 491x303
>>
File: yfw you high as fuck.jpg (62 KB, 534x712) Image search: [Google]
yfw you high as fuck.jpg
62 KB, 534x712
guys will my lakers make the right choice and draft ingram over simmons
i don't wanna live in the post-kobe age if we take this overrated australian fucker
let the sixers get another big man, i want ingram
>>
File: sad byron.jpg (261 KB, 1000x706) Image search: [Google]
sad byron.jpg
261 KB, 1000x706
>mfw lakers fan

>mfw our 3 options are

1.Draft Bully Ball 2.0
2.Draft Scary Spoopy Skeleton
3.Draft a yuro who will spend 5 years overseas
4. Lose pick to the Sixers, rendering tanking useless
Just fuck >my organization up senpai
>>
tfw met simmons at a party when he was 16
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.