[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did they mean by this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Michael Owen.jpg (245 KB, 1624x1227) Image search: [Google]
Michael Owen.jpg
245 KB, 1624x1227
What did they mean by this
>>
>>66321800
I'll never understand this.
>>
>this is the man that has the ballon d'or out of the modern england generation
>not scholes
>not lampard
>not gerrard
>not terry
>not ferdinand
>>
>>66321837
>Implying Roidy Rio would have ever won
>>
before 2010 the ballon d'or had no value
>>
>>66322701

Are you implying it's valuable now?

kek
>>
>>66322713
Well not really, but before 2010 it was official not for the best player in the world
>>
>leave for european football
>Liverpool win the champions league.
>>
>>66322701
It was still seen by many as the more prestigious award than the FIFA one since it had been around so much longer. It's why FIFA eventually merged the two so that there'd be no argument.
>>
>>66321800
I don't see the problem with this, we can meme all we want now but he was one of the best players of his generation.
>>
>>66322811
>It was still seen by many as the more prestigious award than the FIFA one

no
>>
>>66323429

for about 3 years yeah
>>
>>66323470
Yes and in those 3 years he won the balloon door, it's not like he won it playing for Newcastle or something.
>>
>>66322701

You've got that backwards friend. Once it merged with FIFA it became a joke popularity award. No longer will players liked Nedved or Cannavaro be able to win, it will now go to the biggest stat babby every year.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.