[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's the difference between a Centre Forward and a Striker?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: kryptonite.jpg (214 KB, 964x638) Image search: [Google]
kryptonite.jpg
214 KB, 964x638
what's the difference between a Centre Forward and a Striker?
>>
File: assasa.png (234 KB, 902x778) Image search: [Google]
assasa.png
234 KB, 902x778
This should tell you all you need to know
>>
why dont white people have lips
>>
>>66295478
A central forward is a bad striker?
>>
>>66295478
griezmann is a striker? since when? more of a winger/ attacking CAM innit?
>>
>>66295414
A centre forward is behind the striker. he's some sort of centre attacking midfielder but a bit more upper positioned.
>>
>>66295414
there is literally no difference.
>>
>>66295881

in a 4-5-1 is the 1 a CF or ST

and in a 4-3-3 is the middle guy a CF or ST?
>>
>>66295955
4-5-1 is ST.
4-3-3 can be either CF or ST.
>>
>>66295986

tnx man
>>
I think the CF tends to create more chances and drops down to create space for the wings, the ST goes offside alot and confuses defenders, also more about poaching than creating chances
>>
A cf plays in a attacking midfield role but also can stick up top or drift to the wings to pick up the ball. Basically the whole area behind the striker.

Good examples will be bergkamp when he played behind henry or rooney when he played behind van persie or currently muller when he plays behind lewandowski.
>>
>>66295478
This list is bullshit.
The big difference is that a Centre Forward is a bit more of a playmaker and doesn't just run behind. He holds up the ball, flicks the ball to his team mates, plays one-two and drops occasionally deep or to the wings, while the striker is more focused on running behind and scoring goals.
But because most teams today play with a lone striker, a modern striker should have the ability to play both roles. Some strikers are more on the centre forward side of things, like Benzema or Tevez, while others are more of a striker, like Agüero or Obama.
>>
>CF or as old people like to call them here "centro fobal"
>>
File: 1341370760128.png (13 KB, 581x569) Image search: [Google]
1341370760128.png
13 KB, 581x569
>watching a football match
>turns out the centre forward is a striker
>>
>>66296209
This.

CF : Suarez, Benzema, Drogba, Rooney, Totti, Villa, Raul, Muller [...]
ST : Balotelli, Trezeguet, Torres, Cavani, Pauleta, Falcao [...]
>>
>>66296559

Drogba and Benzema are ST mate. Even Raúl in his prime Real days played more as ST than a CF.
>>
>>66295478
CF = second striker
>>
>>66296575

Drogba is a CF you epsilon.

Benzema is a ST
>>
>>66296877
>Drogba is a CF

whatthefuckamireading.png

You are THIS retarded.
>>
>>66296884

i've had about 15 schooners tonight but i am baka about how little you know.
>>
A striker mostly poaches his goals but can still hit the target from any position on the pitch with both feet and his head. As a poacher, he needs to be in a goal scoring position at all times and should elude his marker.

A centre forward is also a capable goal scorer, but instead creates more chances, both for himself with runs and for his team mates.
>>
Drogba is that rare combination of both. A literal beast.
>>
Centre forward = big man
Striker = little man
>>
>>66295478

>Higuain listed twice

Good job, EA
>>
File: little big man.jpg (60 KB, 495x375) Image search: [Google]
little big man.jpg
60 KB, 495x375
>>66299967
kek
>>
>>66300070
Higuain, Kruse and I think a few others are listed twice
>>
>>66300135

Must be that player card nonsense.
I never got into it
>>
Lol no one has answered correctly yet
A centre forward is a striker that plays centrally
A striker is a forward
Messi, Neymar and Suarez are all strikers but only Suarez plays as a centre forward usually
>>
>>66295871
Since he joined atleti and jackson flopped.
>>
A striker is played up front.

A centre forward can be played up front, as a number 10 or as a second striker.
>>
>>66296877
You are a spastic
>>
>>66295414
In modern football, the term of Center Forward and Striker have an overlapping definition.
Perhaps the only difference is that Center Forward is operating on the area from the center of midfield to the opponent's box area, while Striker is operating on the left, center and middle of the most forward area.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.