[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>his "sport" doesn't have a post season
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 13
File: B6tv6wFIEAAuSsn.jpg (36 KB, 600x360) Image search: [Google]
B6tv6wFIEAAuSsn.jpg
36 KB, 600x360
>his "sport" doesn't have a post season
>>
>his "sports" regular season doesn't matter for 98% of the schedule
>>
File: har_1.0.jpg (100 KB, 1310x873) Image search: [Google]
har_1.0.jpg
100 KB, 1310x873
>A game where no one scores can be considered exciting
>>
Post season is dumb. The Patriots should have been champions every season its not fair that the shitty Giants lucked their way into a fluke one in a million win
>>
File: fags.jpg (59 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
fags.jpg
59 KB, 750x500
>>66273920

What the fuck is a post season?

A season where you all send gay little letters to each other in the post?

Wouldn't be surprised t.b.h.
>>
>>66273920
>post season
>football
>post season

Literally a waste of time.
>>
>>66273969
>Patriots
Seahawks
>>
File: 7c6.png (11 KB, 211x246) Image search: [Google]
7c6.png
11 KB, 211x246
> away goals
>>
Do americans really think this?

We have domestic and european cups which are like your playoffs, alongside the league system.
>>
File: Capture.png (446 KB, 433x367) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
446 KB, 433x367
>>66273990
>>
>>66274002
>>66273959
>their sport is so boring they need to make rules to entice the teams to score more
>>
>his """""sport'""""" has an irrelevant regular season of 16 games and 4 extra in the post season

feels good man not to be a corporate cuck
>>
File: 1452762849319.gif (2 MB, 350x262) Image search: [Google]
1452762849319.gif
2 MB, 350x262
>>66273920
>His sport doesn't have relegation
>>
File: stupid.jpg (71 KB, 360x403) Image search: [Google]
stupid.jpg
71 KB, 360x403
>the presence or absence of a postseason is inherent to the sport and not just a matter of the league's structure
Retards. Surrounded by retards
>>
File: fags.jpg (128 KB, 440x330) Image search: [Google]
fags.jpg
128 KB, 440x330
>>66274015
>>
>>66273959
>A sport that ends 81-3 is better than a game that ends 10-10
>>
>>66273969
>1 in a million
>the giants beat the patriots twice
youre a faggot
>>
>>66274029
Can we all just agree that, score-wise, Hockey and Baseball are perfect?
>>
>>66274043
>sports are not defined by the structure of their top leagues

you fit right in bud
>>
>>66274119
But mls has playoffs...
>>
>>66274110
no, scoring is perfect in football because there's no guarantee that it will happen. It's always monumental and the lack of goals doesn't make it cheap like in american football where a touchdown is a formality and an expectation
>>
File: 1384735504711.jpg (37 KB, 504x363) Image search: [Google]
1384735504711.jpg
37 KB, 504x363
>>66274030

>jumping through hoops to justify a shorter season
>implying anyone on /sp/ has anything else to do but watch sports
>>
>>66274143
MLS is definitely not a top league is probably his reply

>>66274119
Is a league's structure in the rules of the game? No. It's not an essential part of the sport
>>
>>66274156
Scoring in football isn't guaranteed. They can have ties.

But Soccer having ties is hardly a good argument. Especially when they don't allow ties in knockout rounds.

In baseball there MUST be a winner. Period. It literally could go on for a week.
>>
>>66274110
Yes, baseball is the GOAT sport.
>>
>>66274156
>football
>american football
>not gridiron

Are you sure you are canadian?

Thing is, I find extremely amusing that in baseball, if the team does their job well, all it happens is half an inning goes scoreless. The huge effort is to not let the opponent score. I guess it is the trait that makes me more passionate about baseball than anything.
>>
File: MLS NASL.png (138 KB, 1000x1054) Image search: [Google]
MLS NASL.png
138 KB, 1000x1054
>>66274196
Hello Brah.
>>
>>66274194
>Especially when they don't allow ties in knockout rounds.
Yes because a team has to win, believe it or not having overtime in a regular season game is actually detrimental to the integrity of the league
>>
>>66274201
This. You must actually stop the opposing team. No clock running out. Both teams get 3 outs to win or lose.
>>
>>66274110
Never thought about this but you are right.
>>66274156

>no, scoring is perfect in football
>be from canada. Land of the moose, maple syrup and hockey.
>one of 3 countries to call it "soccer"
>call's it "football" like some prentious douche.
Wanna know how i know you have no friends and watch only 1 "sport"
Please move to europe so you can better suck european cock all day

>because there's no guarantee that it will happen.
There's no garuntee in anysport, except tennis.
>It's always monumental
Not really. 1-0 means 88 minutes of no momentum. And a flukey anybody can win off a lucky minute game.
>and the lack of goals doesn't make it cheap like in american football where a touchdown is a formality and an expectation
This sentence makes literally no sense?
Or are you saying they score every drive in football? Which is so objectively wrong its ridiculous. Unless you meant to say basketball?
>>
>>66274227
Yes and a team has to win literally every game in baseball.

If you can do penalty kicks to win games you can do the same for regular season.

Baseball isn't also dumb enough to have a home run derby to decide a winner
>>
>>66274282
I dont watch boreball so i cant comment, all im going to say is that overtime is unequivocally unnecessary in the NFL
>>
>>66274282
People often make fun of it because FIFA likes to have ways to manipulate matches and outcomes, but atleast half of the hardcore footy fans I've asked want to get rid of ties. Yet, no one ever came with a sensible way to end it.
>>
>>66274201
yeah baseball is great because the defense has to be active

they're tasked with directly delivering the ball to the man who's trying to score and have to do it in the screwiest way possible

also I've never heard it called gridiron, I think that's a brit thing. they just call it football and real football is called soccer
>>
>>66274183
I was shitposting anon.
>>66274326
Sudden death?
>>
>>66274326
You just keep playing shortened OT periods, like basketball. 15 minutes or whatever. Golden Goal optional. If no golden goal, then whoever is leading at the end of the period wins. If not, do another.

This is how american football should be too, instead of either the NFL's retarded modified sudden death or the minigame that college has (which is vastly better, but not perfect)
>>
>>66274410

>This is how american football should be too, instead of either the NFL's retarded modified sudden death or the minigame that college has (which is vastly better, but not perfect)

Fucking yes. Its so god damn obvious but they don't do it. I hate it because if a shootout goes to O.t. It is settled in a coin toss. Really only time i think its fair is in cases of pick 6s
>>
>>66274281
>>no, scoring is perfect in football
>>be from canada. Land of the moose, maple syrup and hockey.
>>one of 3 countries to call it "soccer"
>>call's it "football" like some prentious douche.
>Wanna know how i know you have no friends and watch only 1 "sport"
>Please move to europe so you can better suck european cock all day

holy shit why are you so assblasted right now, calling a sport by some retarded americanized name makes you sound like a gigantic asshat around the world. but you love sucking american dick so enjoy your purely american forum

that 88th minute winner is more exciting and emotional than the entire super bowl. it has to happen spontaneously through effort and creativity. in handegg nigs just line up and run, they are cogs in a machine and scoring is the product of a process. when the balls on the 5th yard line you know it's either going to be a field goal or TD (or some random possession shenanigans thrown in like 2% of the time to make the sport look like it's not completely mechanical)

handegg is shit but please keep fellating our american brothers
>>
>>66274341
>real football.
Do you also weigh less than 120 pounds, flinch everytime someone goes near you too quickly and where track suits everywhere?
>>
>hey let's reward a lucky run in playoffs instead a consistency year long season
>>
>>66274341
>also I've never heard it called gridiron, I think that's a brit thing. they just call it football and real football is called soccer
I'd love to know, atleast, the state where you live. I noticed people from Vancouver call the sport football, but have seen people in Toronto calling it both soccer and/or football, and calling gridiron by their league names (CFL or NFL).

>>66274346
>>66274410
Sudden death was already used but it was dumped. I am afraid people didn't liked it because it was mostly tired players running around and passing the ball like Pirlo when he got in NYCFC.

I feel there are a lot of issues that must be addressed in footy such as subs, stop watch, shot clock and stuff that must be tested. I wish MLS got back into ignoring FIFA's rules and went testing new shit at will.
>>
>>66274476
>the word soccer is an American invention
Wrong

And how can you even have an 88th minute winner when the time left on the clock is arbitrary? There's never a final play (or a goalline stand, for that matter. Which I guess you've never heard of).
>>
File: Bqw72yKIUAAbLYa.jpg (45 KB, 599x404) Image search: [Google]
Bqw72yKIUAAbLYa.jpg
45 KB, 599x404
>>
>>66274481
lel no I wear 5 inches of ablative armor to play a sport less rough then rugby
>>
>>66274553
>"coaches" in soccer
>9gag
>>
>>66273959
kek KEK K E K

yurocucks BTFO
>>
>>66274497
Toronto, everyone calls it football. Most people are unaware that real football is called football

>>66274527
>And how can you even have an 88th minute winner when the time left on the clock is arbitrary?

your time keeping is far more arbitrary. many tenths of a second are lost or gained with all the clock stoppages. in football they just turn it on once
>>
>>66274476

>holy shit why are you so assblasted right now, calling a sport by some retarded americanized name
No you idiot. As a Canadian i speak CANADIAN ENGLISH. You know. Trunk, not boot. Colour not color, soccer not "football" I'm not some fucking euroboo who dreams of taking it up the "arse" as youd say from mohammed on a soccer "pitch"
>makes you sound like a gigantic asshat around the world.
Yes. Fuck speaking the language of my home country. Up next those fucking argentinians making an ass of themselves with all that "che" bullshit.
>but you love sucking american dick so enjoy your purely american forum
Literally what?
>that 88th minute winner is more exciting and emotional than the entire super bowl.
Hahahahaha. Come on, i have nothing against soccer, but yoh gotta admit its slow paced
>it has to happen spontaneously through effort and creativity. in handegg nigs just line up and run, they are cogs in a machine and scoring is the product of a process.
Yes and this ia bad because?
when the balls on the 5th yard line you know it's either going to be a field goal or TD or pick or fumble or failed fourth down conversion. But sure its most likely gonna be td and field goal, whats wrong with that? They had to actually get to the five yard line. And the 4 point difference is huge.)
>handegg is shit but please keep fellating our american brothers
STOP LIKING SPORTS I DONT LIKE.
>>
>>66274614
lol this post though, school let out early today?
>>
>>66274553
wow they're really fat
>>
>>66274609
>your time keeping is far more arbitrary. many tenths of a second are lost or gained with all the clock stoppages. in football they just turn it on once
This is some impressive ignorance and denial.
>>
So I actually have very good arguments as to why literally everything about european football is better than American. But considering literally every murrishit and canadian in this thread is literally seething mad I really dont need to bother. Actions speak louder than worlds.
>>
wasn't this thread about post seasons? All American sports that matter have post seasons so I don't know why people are getting mad
>>
>>66274561
>foot fairy euroboos actually believe this.
>>66274632
Great comeback foot fairy. Do you want "Callum and the lads" to come kiss your bruised knee better?
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 400x440) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 400x440
>>66274710
>american "sports"
>>
>>66274669
They are completely different sports anon.
I don't care for basketball. But you don't see me explaining why tennis is bette, or getting butmad that americans love it. You can argue american football v.s. Cad football if you want though.
>>
>>66274669
>why literally everything about european football is better than American
Better than American what? American football, MLS/Soccer or American sports in general?
>>
>>66274763
All murrishit follow the same formula. "Competitve integrity has no value for our ADHD ridden fanbase, all we need to do is fix the league format and rules of the game for maximum points"
>>
>>66274669
don't even bother, it's mostly kids that are still new to the murrica vs yurop thing
>>
>>66274662
I agree with this. Overtime in soccer/footy/whatever is bullshit and everyone is aware of it. Stop clock is the only way to go.
>>
>>66274826
So the NFL and NBA rule changes in the past decades to favor offense over defense ruins the integrity of all American sports?

I'm really interested in your theories on how MLB and NHL have tried to maximize points by rule changes. Or how the league formats were fixed for more scoring.
>>
>>66274996
>So the NFL and NBA rule changes in the past decades to favor offense over defense ruins the integrity of all American sports?

I don't how it doesn't
It speaks volumes as to the attitude american sports leagues to their own sports. It also shows how completely shit-tier American sports fans are. Your sport shouldnt need its rules changed for more scoring, American sports fans should instead appreciate the technical nuances between the players, something that is completely removed if you have to facilitate increased scoring rules for your shitty fanbase
>>
>>66274826
This is more an insult to the fucking commercials, but if i had adhd american football would make me KMS
>>66274996
>So the NFL and NBA rule changes in the past decades to favor offense over defense ruins the integrity of all American sports?
Man idk though. I always bitch about the NFL banning defence, but Broncos and and seattle of last two years have really challenged my assumption that its unbalanced for Offence. Ofc its definitely a passing league now. Which could add to adhd theory
>I'm really interested in your theories on how MLB and NHL have tried to maximize points by rule changes. Or how the league formats were fixed for more scoring.
Don't bother mate. He is just shitposting, doubt he actually knows anything about hockey, football, baseball or basketball.
>>
>>66275078
>I don't how it doesn't
Because those aren't the only sports in America, and those leagues aren't even the only major rulebooks for the sport. There's not one golden definition of the rules of football or basketball. The history of creation, disbandment and mergers of so many (professional) leagues has led to variations in rules.
>>
>>66275078
The NHL has smaller rinks and larger offensive zones than other leagues, yes?
>>
>>66275473
Less wide rinks yeah. I kinda prefer it though. Euro ice is to big for 5 imo. I also hate how it makes it less contact, though that could just be because only time i see wider ice i am watching international games.
>>
>>66275527
I dunno man, I really like watching Olympic hockey

>>66275473
Yeah, but was the NHL ever following the IIHF standard and then decided to shrink the rinks?
>>
>>66275594
I have no idea

I do know however that the NHL like two seasons ago shrinked the goalies' leg pads for some reason
>>
>>66275877
People abused them
>>66275594
Same. And in 2010 it was just NHL ice iirc. But yeah i just meant the wider ice in particular i dont care for.
>>
>>66275961
>People abused them
This is exactly the same as saying "Players dont have the technical abilities needed to score enough goals for our ADHD fans." So thanks for confirming my point that all Americans sports philosophies are shit tier
>>
File: 1457887265077.png (351 KB, 505x505) Image search: [Google]
1457887265077.png
351 KB, 505x505
>>66276453
kek, you sneaky bastard
>>
>his """""sport""""" has teams
>>
>>66276561
Is anime a sport?
>>
/sp/ makes me feel like a freak for enjoying football AND American sports. It's like I have to profess bile-spewing hatred for one or the other.
>>
>>66276952
No one is forcing you to shitpost. You can just lurk, or even close and ignore a thread if you want to.
>>
>>66277056

Okay.
>>
eurocucks BTFO
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.