[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The only solution for this problem is removing helmets completely,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2
The only solution for this problem is removing helmets completely, prove me wrong.

PRO TIP: You can't.
>>
TELL

DA

TRUFF
>>
>>66263779
>even legends need a hero
What a shit tag line
>>
>>66263862

it really makes you think... for a few seconds then you realise it's meant to be deep and profound but in reality it's fucking stupid
>>
does rugby have a problem with concussions?

i figure they do but is it closer to soccer tier or nfl?

maybe a different kind of tackle would be cool for the nfl.
>>
>Amerilards needing Africans to establish the fact that American 'football' is bad for your brain.
>>
>>66263921
>repeatedly slamming your heads together is not good for you

who would've thunk?
>>
>>66263877

no it's not

you're just too dumb and don't understand american football culture to begin with

toughest sport in england is rugby and it's played by a bunch of fags
>>
>>66263862
I think they're meant to be referring to NFL players as "legends", but that's not clear at all from the poster or the title so it just comes across as really stupid. Hell, even with that meaning it's pretty dumb. But what do you expect from a movie approved by Roger Goodell?
>>
Did the people in charge of this watch that documentary and think "this would make a good movie!"?

The best parts had nothing to do with the Dr.
>>
>>66263904
>maybe a different kind of tackle would be cool for the nfl.
Why would you need a helmet if you have a tackle that doesn't use the head?
>>
>>66263953
>and yet the NFL denied it for a longass time

NFL is almost as corrupt as FIFA.

Not as bad, but almost which is still pretty shit.
>>
>>66263904

problem no, or if they do they've done a great job of burying the issue

head injuries means player is taken off the field and has to pass an assessment to come back in play

george north has had a few concussions (idiot tries to tackle players knees with his head) and he's on the watch list. like one more concussion and they'll advise him never to play again
>>
>>66263904
Every so often stories about rugby pop up here but don't get much attention. I can see it growing though especially among worried parents of youth players
>>
File: joni mitchell 68.jpg (45 KB, 300x417) Image search: [Google]
joni mitchell 68.jpg
45 KB, 300x417
>>66263779
you can get concussions in soccer, a helmetless sport, from receiving long balls on the head (fullbacks), not only from collision impact.
>>
>>66264191
With how much force? how many per match? is there records of fullbacks deaths because of this?
>>
>>66263971
Oh, Canada
>>
>>66264004
Because unlike rugby every play is a set play in football with noticable variations in each position group so you're going to have players constantly in vulnerable positions against players that are significantly bigger than them
>>
>>66264550
You didn't answer the question.
>>
>>66264341

did you pay your TV fee you fucking cuck bitch

or what about your "taking a shit" fee

or did you pay your local mosque fees?

paki scumhole
>>
>>66263779
i agree desu
>>
>>66264757
Those are strong words from a country that is being heavily cucked itself.
>>
>>66264757
O, Canada
>>
>>66264679
Tackling is only part of the issue, helmet to helmet hits, as well as shoulder to helmet hits happen because you have to tackle people head on and sometimes they duck or move at the last second, so that there is no alternative way to tackle.
>>
>>66264921
>elmet to helmet hits, as well as shoulder to helmet hits happen because you have to tackle people head
No, you don't HAVE TO, they do it because they can, because they think its okay to do, after all, they are wearing helmets right?
Sorry to say but your reasoning is really stupid and self explanatory, they only make these "plays" because they are wearing helmets, just watch a rugby game.
>>
>>66265011
but the rush of energy you get from see head on hits is awesome
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDIjCdfm6FM
>>
>>66263779
NFL will be dead in a decade, anyway

It'll be replaced with the National Touch-Football League
>>
>>66265497
Sure thing American, you are a good representation of the IQ in your country.

>>66265623
It will be replaced by real Football (soccer), and no, im not trolling.
But not for another 20 yrs or so.
>>
>>66265647
>It will be replaced by real Football (soccer), and no, im not trolling.

>retards actually think this
>>
>>66265744
Every stat is indicating that football (soccer) is quickly gaining on every other sport inside the US, i know this hurts your feelings, but its the reality, not an opinion.

>When compared to the other major 2015 summer sports events, the Women’s World Cup finals viewership beat out the NBA Finals (19.94 million viewers) and the Stanley Cup finals (5.5 million viewers). It only slightly fell short of the 28.3 million viewers who watched the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament championship game on CBS on April 6.

>Soccer has surged in popularity over the last 25-30 years. A 2014 ESPN poll reported that professional soccer ranked as the No. 2 sport after, pro football, among 12- to 17-year-olds. The same survey also reported that Major League Soccer (MLS) was as popular as Major League Baseball (MLB) among the same age group. Both MLS and MLB now claim that 18% of 12- to 17-year-olds are avid fans. The NBA, NCAA football and NCAA basketball were all over 23% for the same age group.

>Not only is Major League Soccer as popular with 12- to 17-year olds (a pretty hard demographic to win over) as Major League Baseball. But they are also a lot more children and teens playing soccer now. The U.S. Youth Soccer organization says that participation in soccer is 30 times higher now than it was just 40 years ago. There were 103,432 children registered to play soccer in the U.S. in 1974, 1.6 million children registered to play in 1990, and more than 3 million registered to play in 2014. The Wall Street Journal noted that youth participation in soccer is double that of tackle football and larger than baseball by about 1 million participants. There are more than 80 Soccer Development Academy facilities that teach players about the international system and act as a conduit to MLS, EPL and Italian Serie A teams.
>>
>>66265744
>It’s not just the men and women’s national teams that are drawing the crowds in America. Major League Soccer (the top North American men’s professional league) is starting to see an average per-game attendance of 21,023 fans this season, which is a whopping 40% increase over the last 10 years. Two teams — the Seattle Sounders FC (40,236) and Orlando City SC ( 34,393) — are both averaging more than 30,000 fans per game. MLB’s title game, the MLS Cup, had more than 1.6 million viewers in December 2014, which is the largest viewership for the league in 17 years. MLS is continuing to grow especially after the last two World Cups. The league even managed to get a UK TV deal for certain games, proving that US soccer is truly getting better.

>More and more people in the U.S. are tuning into European soccer events. In June this year, Fox Network’s broadcast of The Champions League final between Barcelona and Juventus had 2.2 million viewers and last season’s NBC broadcast of the English Premier League games averaged 425,000 viewers. An exhibition game between Manchester United and Real Madrid at Michigan Stadium drew 109,318 fans, the largest ever for a live soccer match in the U.S.
>>
>According to Adobe Digital Index (ADI) data analysis, U.S. social media buzz for events like Europe’s annual UEFA Champions League is doubling year-over-year. ADI’s data is aggregated from more than 60 million social mentions captured from Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Reddit, Flickr, Instagram, Tumblr, Disqus, Foursquare, Google+, Wordpress and other leading social sites.

>ADI data shows that the NBA playoffs and UEFA Champions League generated almost the same level of social media activity. Some experts predict that judging by the significantly higher social media buzz around soccer in the last couple of years, there’s even a chance that World Cup 2024 could be held in the U.S. At the start of the 2015 season, even the 20 Major League Soccer teams saw a 34% increase in social media buzz compared to 2014.

>Once considered a niche interest, soccer is now worth hundreds of millions of dollars in TV revenue to U.S. networks. The number of TV networks broadcasting soccer games has grown from 5 in 2010 to more than 13 in 2015. The cost of advertising during these games has also seen a steep increase as soccer becomes more and more mainstream in the U.S. During the Women’s World Cup alone, Fox earned an impressive $40 million in ad revenue ($23 million more than the company’s own estimates).

>The average cost of a 30-second ad during the women’s final was more than $210,000, which was higher than the cost of ads during the Stanley Cup Final. The Germany vs. Argentina men’s World Cup Final 2014 earned an average of $465,140 per spot, which was higher than the cost of ads during the NBA Finals, but lower than ad costs for the NCAA men’s basketball final.
>>
>>66265744
>Major U.S. sponsors including AT&T, Visa, Anheuser-Busch, Nike, Nestle, General Motors, Marriott, Allstate, Pepsi, McDonald’s are donating millions of dollars to soccer training and building infrastructure and facilities for children, youth, coaches, pros and the national team.

Like it or not, Football (soccer) is there to stay, and as the most popular sport ON EARTH, you will have to swallow those big round balls.

You should be happy, because of this the USA will actually start producing a team worthy of the WC in about 10 yrs, and at least you would have a chance to win at something relevant.
>>
>>66265898
lmao why the fuck would you want the US of fucking A to start producing world class soccer players??!!!
YOU THINK WE'RE ARROGANT NOW HOLY SHIT WAIT AND SEE BRO!!!!!!!!
>>
>>66265969
I don't want it, i was just giving you an example so your simple mind could wrap around it.
>>
>>66265647
If it does get replaced, I hope it's with rugby union. It's a shame they don't air more often here
>>
>>66266247
No one gives a fuck about rugby besides new zealand.
>>
>>66263904
Not really,mostly because tackles have very strict rules and can be penalized. Stuff like high tackles or shoulder charges are not allowed, meaning the impacts are less violent (the players not being weighted by helmets and other protections helps too).
Not to mention that a player hit on he neck or risking a serious head injury has to leave the field and is replaced on the spot.
There are still some risks of course but it's probably not as bad. I'd be curious to see how much of a danger scrums pose in that regard.
>>
>>66263904
>>66264138
>problem no

Dunno what the fuck you've been smoking because it's become a big political issue over the last few years. It's possibly just as big as in the nfl. But then again rugby players actually know how to tackle properly.

The other day, some lefty do goody cunt of a "doctor" said that they should remove tackling from rugby in schools, and it was all over the news. Obviously everyone with half a brain came out and said it was ridiculous. But that left wing attitude does exist
>>
>>66266334
I'm sure your neighbors in the south think differently
>>
>>66266578
"left wing" "right wing" no one gives a fuck about your /pol/ retardness, if the issue is real and you deny it because "dem liberal commies imaright LOLXD!" your are seriously retarded.

>>66266967
Nope, literally no one i know gives a flying fuck about rugby, neither do other sudaca countries.
>>
>>66267003
i'm trying to be nice because i like your president but seriously get cancer
>>
>>66267066
Nice argument.
>>
>>66267089
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFhzuIIFHQI
>>
>>66265011
>taking my quote out of context
>not understanding that head - on means directly facing the player
>not realizing that tackling player at a side angle is one of the fundamental techniques of rugby

also

https://twitter.com/ChadwikoRCC/status/668504215547834368

inb4 this was the defensive back's fault
>>
>>66267432
>there are passionate redskins fans that have to deal with being a redskins fan
damn that's
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.