[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are steroids in baseball a big deal?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: baseball_steroids.jpg (21 KB, 420x599) Image search: [Google]
baseball_steroids.jpg
21 KB, 420x599
Why are steroids in baseball a big deal?
>>
>>66254472
Because the only other way to be a HoF-tier slugger is eating healthy and training; things dominicanos aren't quite fond of doing.
>>
Boreball fans want to make sure their sport is as uninteresting as possible.
>>
File: 1445987553285.jpg (1020 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1445987553285.jpg
1020 KB, 1280x1280
Because baseball is a numbers game and the numbers are sacred. Kids used to read the stat section of the sports pages and literally do math on their favorite players. All rankings are determined by numbers, percentages and they even count your errors. The theory has always been, "the numbers don't lie, X>Y." The entire sport hinges on their quantifiable accuracy.

Steroids make the numbers fuzzy.
>>
>>66254697
This

PEDs ruin the baselines for stats. For example, 500 HRs used to be guaranteed HOF territory because only the best sluggers could get to that plateau, now with PEDs any faggot who can hit can juice himself up and hit tons of homers.
>>
Because it makes the sport interesting, and baseball diehards hate fun. Hence why they want to eliminate bat-flipping, fist-pumping, and any other celebration/fun activity.
>>
File: 1431199456451.png (69 KB, 158x266) Image search: [Google]
1431199456451.png
69 KB, 158x266
>>66259964
>>
>>66260188
Reported.
>>
>>66254697
/thread
>>
If you allow steroids or atleast ignore them then using steroids becomes the norm for upper tier players and practically essentially to be all star tier. You can't allow a market for a drug like steroids to exist because they can be horribly detrimental to short term and long term health of used improperly/low quality
>>
>>66254472
You guys all know that PED use is rampant in the NFL but if the league did anything about it, they'd lose over half of their stars.
>>
>>66254472
same reason PEDs in other sports would be a big deal if such a high number of players used them.

steroids could literally propel a plebtier player from 33rd round pick, in A or maybe AA, all the way to adequate quality starter in the MLB. does that seem fair?
that's why they're not allowed.

i think it would be cool if there was a subdivision of baseball with 2 new rules:
1. PEDs are optional. there's no penalty for using them (except the possible damage to your health) this means about 90% or 99% of players would use them, which is intended

2. if a brawl starts, don't break it up. like hockey

this would be pretty lulzy. roided up dudes get pissed at each other real easy and are allowed to beat the shit out of each other, i chuckle thinking about it.
>>
>>66262287
no. players are noticed and called out on this rather often. i think it's just so often, and usually it's inconsequential, so the media doesn't cover it. they're rather cover brett favre's choice of pants.
>>
>>66262325
I'm talking mainly of HGH. Brady Quinn (aka Now I'm Done!) estimated 40-50 percent of the league takes it because it's hard to catch that shit.

Now I'm done:
https://youtu.be/qjVMAxdbDj8
>>
>>66262292
i would unironically watch that
for the fights and for the ridiculous great plays one after the other
>>
>>66262345
oh, i mean PED like anabolic steroids.
i thought hgh was mostly for recovering from injuries or something? i dunno. i also heard hgh doesn't help muscle growth like other steroids

>>66262349
yea, that's my point. fucking awesome home runs and SO many 95+ mph(152 kph) pitchers.
>>
Steroids in baseball should be necessary, given how boring it is to watch

It can be fun to play, but it's so tedious watching people pitch and hit for 3 hours straight
>>
>>66262292
Isn't that just MMA?
>>
>>66254472
It wasnt until the government stepped in.
>>
>>66254491
What if the actually took care of themselves on top of roiding? Has such a thing ever happened in baseball? Honestly most of them look fat.
>>
File: 1458072583876.jpg (5 KB, 234x230) Image search: [Google]
1458072583876.jpg
5 KB, 234x230
>>66254497
Here you go, little boy. Run along now.
>>
>>66262597
I stopped watching after the whole hearing ordeal. They somehow made this leisure activity even more boring
>>
>>66266710
If you watched baseball you'd see there are actually fit people in baseball not doing roids.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.