[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do they deserve to be in the Hall of Fame.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 39859.jpg (230 KB, 1531x524) Image search: [Google]
39859.jpg
230 KB, 1531x524
>>aka Cheaters
Should there HR records be erased for using Anabolic Steroids.
>>
They deserve to be in.
>>
bonds, yes, since he never actually ever failed a test unlike the other 3
>>
>>66251635
Whys that?
Pete rose can't for betting.
But they can for using strength enhancing drugs?
Talking about a drug that can turn a woman into a man.
>>
>>66251857
This, if Pete Rose can't be eligible neither should those who used peds during their career
>>
>>66251823
But Bonds admits he did use steroids.
>>
>>66251902
>I-I thought he was giving me flax seed oil and arthritis cream!

What an asshole
>>
Bonds is just an asshole
If he was nice to the people that actually have a vote he could be in it
>>
>>66251590
Yes only because they inspired an entire generation to play baseball
>>
>>66252868
They will also be remembered as Fakes who had to use Steroids just to hit a homerun.Because they got old and couldn't hit homeruns anymore.
>>
>>66251590

I would call bad shoop on mcgwire here if it was any other player.
>>
>>66251823
Of the four, Rodriguez is the only one who failed a test. McGwire admitted it after retirement. Sosa and Bonds have never manned up and copped to it.

None of them should be in the Hall. McGwire didn't have the career numbers anyway and the others have numbers that were probably inflated. Plus they broke the rules. Fuck them, and Clemens too.
>>
>>66251590
No
No
Yes
Yes
>>
>>66251590
there's a continuum of strength augmentation supplements and drugs that runs from simple nutrition to anabolic roids, and the ones that are illegal have changed over time. Moreover, it wasn't 1-2 offenders, it was likely the majority of players during a certain era.

Baseball can go on and simply pretend that era never occurred, but anyone who is a fan or the sport (presently or in the future) is going to plainly see this as a matter of burying their head in the sand. These guys undoubtedly left a mark on the game and excelled relative to their also cheating peers. I honestly think its best to let them in and make note of the era and their alleged or confirmed use. For the record, I think its absurd to exclude the all time record holder for perhaps the most fundamental statistic.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.