[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>away goals rule Why is this allowed? Why not do extra time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1456515607963.jpg (8 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
1456515607963.jpg
8 KB, 250x238
>away goals rule

Why is this allowed? Why not do extra time or penalties? It's gotta suck balls to watch your team get knocked out that way
>>
dumb frogposter
>>
>>66246654
It discourages bus parking
>>
>>66246654
reddit pls go and stay go
>>
>>66246654
I think it's outdated now. Somebody actually did a report on it, and in Europe it's been shown there's no real advantage to playing home or away first leg.
>>
File: di defendo.jpg (44 KB, 610x343) Image search: [Google]
di defendo.jpg
44 KB, 610x343
>>66246654

i don't like this rule too, but they need to do something to against pic related.
>>
I like it because without it every manager would be happy with sitting back when playing away and taking a 0-0 draw back home.

With it, a 0-0 draw is very dangerous for the away side
>>
>>66247390
Atletico parked the bus against PSV in the 2nd leg because they knew if PSV scored, Atletico would have to score 2 goals in order to win.
>>
>>66247651
Atletico were the more attacking in that game

They had more possession, more passes, more shots, more corners etc
>>
>>66247651

>i didnt watch the game

PSV were the ultra defensive ones you mong
>>
>this thread, again

If you don't like it, then what's an alternative?
>>
>Super Bowl deciding coin flip
>>
>>66247713
>>66247723
None of what you said changes the fact that they didn't score a single goal for over 210 minutes. If it wasn't for the away goals rule, they could have been even more aggressive.
>>
>>66248034
None of what you said changes the fact that you didn't watch the game (or watched but didn't pay attention) and have no idea what are you talking about.
>>
>being against a rule that provided some of the best moments in football history, like Iniesta's goal in Stamford Bridge
>>
That's a legitimate strategy. There are no rules in the NBA to prevent hack-a-Shaq
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.