[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we fix this shit.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4
Real, Barça, Atletico, Bayern, PSG

In round of 8 in 2016
like in 2015
like in 2014

Exciting cup we got there.
>>
pour even more arab oil money into your clubs until they maybe have a chance?
>>
Force the shit England teams to play.
>>
>>66216920
And Man City and Wolfsburg both managed to get to the quarters for the very first time.
>>
I never understood why some people think seeing different names in the competition every season means the competition is good.

I'd rather watch the best teams face each other every year than get excited over a random meme team fluking their way to the semis.

Also, there has been just one repeat tie (Real-Atletico in 2014 final and 2015 QF) involving the teams in question in the years you listed so I don't see how that's a problem
>>
richest clubwinslol

EL is better
>>
>>66216920
You can't. European football is slowly becoming an unofficial closed league because the big guys seek to protect their cashcow.

Hell, Rummenigger said he would like to seed teams even more than they currently are to make sure games like Bayern vs Juve can only happen later in the competition. He must have pissed himself when Bayern was all but eliminated in the dying minutes of the game.
>>
>>66216955
so you disagree with other anglos who said Leicester first is proof bpl is a tough competitive league?
>>
>>66216955
Barça-PSG happened twice (very soon 3 time) in 4 years

Chelsea-PSG 3 times in 3 years.

As a PSG fan it's really boring playing the same teams every year.
>>
>>66216975
I enjoy the memes but, quality wise, the league is objectively at its lowest point since the mid 90s
>>
its already fixed
>>
>>66216974
>>Hell, Rummenigger said he would like to seed teams even more than they currently are to make sure games

what a cunt
>>
stop fixing the draw for one
>>
>>66216974
Bullshit, if anything it's become less seeded.

Just last year they changed the group seedings to only allow league champions in the Pot #1 which means teams like Real, United and Arsenal will now get tougher group draws
>>
>>66216920

There's nothing wrong with it. Get good if you want to make the quarters
>>
>no english teams
>waah why is CL so shit
CL has never been better.
>>
Honest question:

Why do Arsenal always get screwed? Why can't they ever get matched up with someone like Wolfsburg, or some Russian team in the RO16? Why is it always someone like Barcelona, Bayern, Ibra's Milan, etc?
>>
>>66217046
Because they always lose to literally whos in the group stage
>>
>>66217022
The thing that is wrong is that it always the same cities/fans which have the pleasure to see the last rounds.

The fan of these teams get bored at some point, as a PSG fan 2012 CL was super exciting, first time back in the final round since 20 years, I was hard all day.

now ? not so much, >we don't even enjoy it anymore, round of 8 is business as usual, while millions of fans would like to have this thrill once in a while.
>>
>>66217046
>Why do Arsenal always get screwed?
Because they're chokers who always finish 2nd in their group

>Why can't they ever get matched up with someone like Wolfsburg, or some Russian team in the RO16?
They got Monaco last year and still got BTFO

>Why is it always someone like Barcelona, Bayern, Ibra's Milan, etc?
See first reply - finishing 2nd in group means you're drawn vs group winners. And that Milan team was crap, Arsenal were the favourites.
>>
>>66217008
>which means teams like Real, United and Arsenal will now get tougher group draws

Like PSV, Zenit or Benfica this season? Hell, Real while playing like shit still easily bested PSG. Only the top 4 champions are dangerous to pot 2 teams, and next year this might not even be true if Leicester win. If Dortmund ever manages to best Bayern, they'll be easy pickings for the average pot 2 team too.
>>
>>66217067
>round of 8 is business as usual
but this happens to every top player in any sport toruney. The only problem is cl doesn't have much variety in the top spots, so you always end up playing against the same teams, unless you are madrid and get to smash to poor newcomer that made it out of group stage
>>
>>66216920

This kind of thing has happened before in the CL, though.

2009: Liverpool, Chelsea, United, Arsenal, Barca, Bayern
2008: Liverpool, Chelsea, United, Arsenal, Barca
2007: Liverpool, Chelsea, United, Bayern

The same teams stick around for a few years until they slowly decline (like Arsenal and Liverpool) and/or other teams improve (like Real, PSG, and Atletico)
>>
>>66217046
They would have been rekt by Wolfsburg
>>
>>66217094
So you think it's beneficial to Real to be drawn from Pot 2 and Leicester are getting screwed over by getting instantly bumped to Pot 1.

Right?
>>
>>66216955
Because its predictable and renders everything up until April completely pointless?
>>
>>66217046

Last season they were matched up against Monaco, who finished 3rd in PSGwinslol. It should have been easy for them, instead they got btfo at hom
>>
It's actually stupidly easy.
Stop with the Euro=National player.
Stop with this meme transfers rules.

I mean, EPL last position next year will receive just in TV rights the same as the whole season budget as the biggest team here.
Who can stop that league from removing all talents from smaller leagues.

And they are talking about a Euro Super league... Fuck them so much.
>>
>>66217121
>Leicester are getting screwed over by getting instantly bumped to Pot 1
but they are not. If they are pot 1 it means they are top team and they get to avoid all other pot 1 top teams
>>
>>66217142
>And they are talking about a Euro Super league

Nobody is talking about that except for an American businessman who handles marketing for friendlies and has no influence or knowledge (he thinks Manchester United invented soccer). The European media just decided to run with the story as though it actually mean something
>>
>>66217121
No, just that in the end pot 1 and 2 are now somewhat meaningless because it all depends on who wins the league and which pot 2 team gets which pot 1 team.

We're gonna see how the system holds to the test of time anyway.
>>
>>66216920
Yesterday was an exciting game and you know it
>>
>>66217124
Well, I'd much rather see great football even if it means Barcelona and Bayern meeting every year.

Premier League was much better in 05-09 when Chelsea/United were dominating but we actually had great teams that produced high quality instead of the current season where all we can do is jizz ourselves over /lifelong/ meme.

>>66217142
>players should not be allowed to change their employer and should be forced to be stuck on one team through out their career
suck a dick
>>
>>66217142
If portguese football wasn't so boring and full of diving you could just broadcast it in English and get the same tv rights.
>>
>>66217162
>even if it means Barcelona and Bayern meeting every year.
Each to their own then I guess
>>
File: blater money.jpg (12 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
blater money.jpg
12 KB, 299x168
>>66217156
> Nobody
You clearly have no idea what big money can do in Europe, can you?

>>66217162
> >players should not be allowed to change their employer and should be forced to be stuck on one team through out their career
That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about resorting to all kinds of shady funds to finance stupid operations.
>>
Ligue 1 is one team league
Bundesliga is a two team league
La Liga is three team league
>>
>>66216920
>5 of the best teams in europe among the top 8
i fail to see the problem
britbong teams getting BTFO is their own fault, just look at the "english" "premier" league and see how the "big" clubs are doing.
>>
>complaining about atletico who where completly irrelevant up until a few years ago
>>
>>66217213
>I'm talking about resorting to all kinds of shady funds to finance stupid operations.
Like what and how does that relate to transfers?
>>
>>66217002
Basically this. Real Madrid will only reach the semi this year because their """luck""" won't allow them to draw a decent team. Everyone knows they'll get either Benfica or Wolfsburg while Atleti will probably be fucked in the ass by Barça or Buyern. Probably Buyern, UEFA loves pitching PSG against Barcelona. It's fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>66217256
Just like Bayern.
>>
>>66217067

You are in the tiny minority. The games are great and everyone loves it. I hope we see Barca Bayern again this year.

Anyway there is always a mix of random teams in the quarters along with the usual big dogs. Wolfsburg and Benfica this year, APOEL, Galatasaray, Schalke etc in previous years.

The last 5 finals featured 8 different teams.
>>
>>66216920
fuck domestic european leagues

Euro Super League when?
>>
>>66217257
Look at Monaco, Valencia, all kind of shit clubs here and loads of other clubs.
Do you think they even have a say in who they sign or sell?
It's all being run by shady business that will destroy them in the long run.

I think this generation forgot what this sport was all about IMO.
>>
>>66217067
>complains about teams dominating
>supports PSG
>>
>>66217257
Also, let's not forget that with the current state of things, the work of decades can be bypassed simply by pumping oil money.

Fucking cancer.
>>
>>66217391
>Do you think they even have a say in who they sign or sell?
Ugh, yes?

>It's all being run by shady business that will destroy them in the long run.
[citation needed]

If anything will destroy those clubs it's their incompetent management, not some mysterious shady business.

>I think this generation forgot what this sport was all about IMO.
ahh, >le born in le wrong generation, don't forget your fedora
>>
>>66217391
plenty of clubs have similar business model: owner buys cheap players, sells them if they become good, buys cheap replacements, pockets the difference. It's always been like that for many clubs
>>
>Barcelona have won half of the Champions League titles the past 8 years

nerf Messi
>>
>>66216920
> OMG it's not fair! How dare teams be successful! We want diversity, not success.

Commies everywhere now.
>>
>>66217067
>PSG
>won Ligue UHH with 8 matches to spare
>complaining
>>
salary cap
fuck oilshekels
>>
File: 1285082725_0[1].jpg (56 KB, 330x400) Image search: [Google]
1285082725_0[1].jpg
56 KB, 330x400
>>66217468
they once tried, but the GOAT is strong
>>
>>66217512
That's not fun desu
>>
>>66217120

This is the same Wolfsburg that lost 6-1 to Everton last season?
>>
>>66218016
Yes, also the same Wolfsburg that booted United out of the Champions League a couple months ago
>>
>>66218063

United who are fifth in the league and shit?

Well ok then.
>>
>>66218075
Well, Arsenal aren't that far ahead and actually lost to them recently
>>
>>66217468
>nerf the only thing worth watching in this dogshit sport
>>
File: you're gonna get it m8.jpg (24 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
you're gonna get it m8.jpg
24 KB, 640x360
>>66217530
based Ujfalusi
>>
>>66216920
4 foreigners only
>>
give the best teams in the world advantages over the little clubs
>>
>>66217343
almost a decade isn't a few years
>>
>>66216980

Not barca again.
>>
>>66217046
Because they finish 2nd in every group stage and get a 1st place finisher in the round of 16. They lose and focus on getting 4th in the Premier League to qualify for the Champions League. And then the whole process repeats until infinity.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.