[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever seen a sport die on live television before?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: Mayweather.jpg (157 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
Mayweather.jpg
157 KB, 1024x1024
Have you ever seen a sport die on live television before?
>>
File: TMT.jpg (1 MB, 1617x750) Image search: [Google]
TMT.jpg
1 MB, 1617x750
Have you ever seen a man make over 100 million dollars in a sport on live television before
>>
>>66214297

>casuals watch Mayweather's footwork for the first time

Leave this place.
>>
File: 48258002.cached-1.jpg (71 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
48258002.cached-1.jpg
71 KB, 800x500
Yes.
>>
File: 1453809508833.png (440 KB, 645x1260) Image search: [Google]
1453809508833.png
440 KB, 645x1260
>Mfw i spent 100$ on this garbage

Just kill me bros
>>
>theyve been saying boxings dead since the 1910's
>Canelo-Cotto done 900k a few months after it
>lierally every top 15 boxer in each weight division is a millionaire
fucking love my sport
>>
The fact that you made this thread 10 months after that fiasco is evidence boxing isn't dead.
>>
>>66215236
I still have it on my DVR.
>>
it was a tactical fight idiot. 49-0
>>
Boxing got more popular after May/Pac though.

Why do you assume things without even looking at numbers?
>>
File: curry shrug.jpg (21 KB, 480x304) Image search: [Google]
curry shrug.jpg
21 KB, 480x304
>>66214297

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEMVGHoenXM

It's turned into a video game
>>
>>66216930
*it's turning into
>>
How many of you tards spent money to watch
>>
>>66216942
I didn't even watch it at a bar. I lost interest in the fight 5 years ago.
>>
>>66214318
This is why Bernie is needed.
>>
>>66214633
Who do amerifats love to make up new meme sports? Is it because you don't have any athletics besides niggers?
>>
>>66217539
>MMA
>memesport
?
>>
This fight was a perfect match between a supreme power punching short boxer vs. a master dodge-counter punch technician. People wanted a fight. What they got was a boxing match.
>>
>>66217866
What they got was the a small black boy practicing slow dancing with his Filipino lover.
>>
>>66217913
This is what I love about boxing. You can always tell the real boxing fans from the plebs because the plebs all hate him cause he makes professionals look like amateurs. Any real boxing fan you talk to loves Floyd. Imagine being so good at boxing that you almost never get hit. His opponents' connect percentage is is like 16%, and his own connect percentage is like 46%, both WELL above any active fighter. The man is simply too good. He cannot get hit, and when he throws a punch, he makes it count. The stats so not lie. In regards to his plus/minus percentage of around 30%, no other fighter in HISTORY even comes close. Even though people say he doesn't fight, he has a KO percentage of 55%, only 4% lower than Pac. Floyd is clearly the GOAT. Trust me, I wanted to see Manny knock his ass the fuck out more than anyone, but anyone who knew anything about boxing knew that would never happen. Mayweather has never been legit KNOCKED DOWN his entire fucking career. The one time he got a knockdown was when he took a knee because he broke his fucking hand (he went on to still win the fight). The man is simply on another level of greatness that losers will never understand, so they choose to hate him.
>>
>>66215268
BIG
>>
People said boxing was dead and missed the fight the week after with 50000 in the stadium and highest rated fight in years that was 3 slugfest rounds and ended in ko the year candidate
>>
>>66214297

canelo is boxing now

swallow the red pill and join the #CANELOCARTEL
>>
>>66222713
>Any real boxing fan you talk to loves Floyd.
His attitude alone makes it impossible to like Floyd, let alone love him.

Doesn't help that Mayweather Vs Pac happened way too many years too late. Mayweathers slower controlled style meant he could keep his form up longer to his credit, but that sure wasn't the younger Pacquiao that people thought could beat him in the once dream match.

It's not about his skill level. It's that he always comes across as being afraid to test himself against the best at their best. And that's why he'll never be seen as "The Greatest Ever" in so many peoples eyes.
>>
>>66222713
Whoa save that pasta for the scene you TMT faggot.
>>
>>66231743
>greatest ever
Please tell me that there are not people out there that actually believe that, right?

Pacman in his peak was better than Memeweather ever was and that's just the start of the list of fighters greater than he was....

I'd say if you were being conservative, there are 25-30 fighters better than Floyd in the 'all time' stakes.

If you're not being conservative, that number could easily be 70.
>>
>>66232143
>fighters
Sorry, obviously I mean 'boxers' because as a fighter he's an absolute nobody. I could beat him in a fight and I'm a 150lbs 6'2 skinnyfat fag who hasn't even been in a gym since 2010.

He's a good boxer, arguably a top 100 boxer of all time. But he's no fighter. Accomplished women's mixed martial artists would beat him. The man struggled to beat his wife for fuck sake.
>>
>>66217913

what they saw was two guys making a shit ton of $$$$$.
>>
>>66232143
>>66232216
hes easily top 20 you idiot
>>
File: 1277687504763.jpg (50 KB, 428x391) Image search: [Google]
1277687504763.jpg
50 KB, 428x391
>>66215388
More like a cherry picked one
>>
>>66232216
>Some scrub talking shit
Gtfo kid
>>
>>66214297
yes, it was called ufc 196
>>
>>66214633
This too.
>>
>>66215268
do you think khan survives vs canelo?
>>
>>66217539
mma is a "great white hope" sport
>>
>>66216942
I did. Got mates round and everything. Totally hype.

Blunder of the century. I just stream UFC main events these days.

I still think Manny would've won back in '09 or whenever the fuck the fight was supposed to take place, Mayweather's a ducking faggot.
>>
>>66217539
Bud, the smallest flyweight can could toss around your disgustingly fat ass
>>
>>66232143
>Pacman in his peak was better than Memeweather ever was

topkek
>>
UFC is honestly worse
>>
>>66232143
Mayweather would be lucky to crack the top 50 imo. His fans buy into the 24/7 hype too much. He wouldn't even survive 80's competition, shows how shitty the era in which he """""dominated""""".
>>
>>66238700
Hearns is the one with the best chance of beating Mayweather.

Duran is tailor made for Mayweather to cruise to a decision against

Leonard would be a close fight

Hearns height confers so much advantage against Mayweather

Fight against Hagler isn't a realistic possibility given that Hagler only ever fought at Middleweight (bearing in mind here that Mayweather started his career at Super Featherweight, lower than any of the previous 4 mentioned. The reason Duran went up so high in weight was because he ballooned up in size between fights)
>>
>>66238283
if he makes it past the 4th then Oscar should pay him an extra milly
>>
>>66238700
by much bigger guys? Ye, sure. Might as well say Tyson Fury is a better boxer than Mayweather because he's stronger. P4P? Keeeeek, he would be in the top 3 without a doubt and in his own weight category the best

Or are you saying he wouldn't be able to keep up with many fights a year? You forget that Mayweather is damn athletic and very orthodox to his training, he wouldn't have a single problem in terms of stamina/keeping up
>>
>>66216930
>object of the game is to get ball in hoop
>Steph Curry is abnormally gifted at getting ball in hoop

JUST
>>
I love boxing. they just need to start making better match ups instead of protecting a fighter's record.
>>
>>66214297

Every boxing fan knew the fight was going to be complete shit. I'm just glad it finally happened and is now in the past.
>>
Yeah
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.