[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question is if they sack Wenger who will replace him? All the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: CdstGQQW4AA-g1M.jpg (64 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
CdstGQQW4AA-g1M.jpg
64 KB, 480x640
Question is if they sack Wenger who will replace him? All the good managers are taken.
>>
He will never be fired.The owner of Arsenal literally doesn't care if they ever win a trophy as long as the club makes money. Wenger is the ideal manager for Arsenal in his eyes.
>>
>>66210308
They can't he's on a permanent contract.
>>
File: IMG_20160316_183812.jpg (708 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160316_183812.jpg
708 KB, 1080x1080
Haha this app is based.

P.S idk maybe marcelo gallardo? Argi managers are in vogue.
>>
>>66210702
App? What you talking about negrito?
>>
File: 1455591041332.png (91 KB, 534x629) Image search: [Google]
1455591041332.png
91 KB, 534x629
nah, the REAL question is can Leicester City not only win the Prem, but also pull a Nottingham and win the Champions League next season??
>>
M O U
O
U

He then proceeds to win the treble in his first season
Maximum cucking
>>
File: CS52587032Liverpools-Urugua.jpg (41 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
CS52587032Liverpools-Urugua.jpg
41 KB, 615x409
>>66210308
>shane warne:"England have been smug, arrogant and dismissive. They need to show some respect"
Fucking cricket JFs can't take the banter.
>>
>suarez would have moved to arsenal for £45,000,000
>bid £40,000,001 instead
>>
Mourinho is free
>>
>>66216226

There was just no value in that transfer
Do you know how many Ligue 2 players 45M can buy?
>>
>>66216226

He wouldn't have moved for any sum of money. They said quite clearly that there was a clause in his contract which Arsenal activated but they basically said fuck it, you're staying.

Liverpool's owner was fairly honest about it in an interview, saying at the time it was explained to him how football contracts are basically worthless compared to more iron-clad contracts in American sports. If the player wants to move, he'll force a move even if he's contracted for 10 years.

Liverpool just played the opposite game. Fuck you, you're not moving. We don't give a shit how much they bid. Take us to court.

And it worked.
>>
>>66216321
the media hype was such that everything would have moved through with a little bit more lube

+1 pound was seen as insulting so they said, fuck it, he´s not going
>>
>>66216321
>football contracts are basically worthless
only because neither wenger nor suarez pushed the issue. Suarez because he probably wasn't very convinced of the move and wenger because he's a limp wristed faggot
>>
>>66216376
>>66216431

>a little bit more lube

By a little bit you mean probably double the fee. Arse didn't have that kind of money. He ended up leaving for 70 million remember, while banned for 10 games for his third bite.
>>
>>66216484
his price tag was so high because both madrid and barcelona were bidding for him. I think if it had only been one club interested he would have been cheaper considering the ban (remember it was a hardcore ban, including not being able to join trainning) and reincidence, though probably not much

Wenger fucked up with his +1 offer. He should have contacted liverpool and asked for a price instead of being a smartass
>>
>>66216484
after his best season
>>
Maybe a small chance at f. De boer?
>>
>>66216534
My reasoning. He will probably leave ajax if they fail to get the title, ajax people overmars/bergkamp have contacted arsenal before for transfers etc
>>
>>66216376
>+1 pound was seen as insulting
i never understood that point of view. why pay more than you have to?
>>
>>66216558

maybe him or Koeman

if Wonga retired at the end of 2011/12 I think it was unironically going to be Moyes

strange how things happen
>>
Can you imagine an alternate universe when Wenger signed Suarez? Arsenal would have won the 13/14 title, be like 15 points clear at the top of the table right now and would be fending off 120m bids from Barcelona
>>
>>66216588
Koeman does have more experience
>>
>>66216591

>I will offer 40,000,001. But in no way is the best striker in the world worth going up to 50,000,000
>>
>>66216565
Because it's not like buying from the grocery store. He was legally right but if liverpool refused to sell (like it happened) and arsenal took it to court it would have taken a long time to resolve, making it impractical. In spain you can do a hostile buy paying the clause plus taxes but england has no such system so they can't really enforce that contract in a timely manner. They need to approach in good terms instead
>>
>go to liverpool
>can't win shit
>moves to barça
>win 2 trebles in 2 years
lel
>>
>>66216620
>Because it's not like buying from the grocery store
yes, it get that, but i supposed the people at arsenal didn't expect liverpool not to honour suarez' contract. criticising arsenal for doing what pretty much all clubs do when they sign a player with an release clause, i.e. pay exactly the ammount necessary to trigger that clause and not a cent/penny more, only works with the benefit of hindsight
>>
There is literally ZERO evidence that Suarez ever seriously considered joining Arsenal. Would have been a huge step backwards for him at the time.
>>
Wenger OUT
Koeman IN
>>
Probably someone like Unai Emery would be a good about.
>>
>>66216672
Like I said, I agree with you arsenal was legally right but
>what pretty much all clubs do when they sign a player with an release clause, i.e. pay exactly the ammount necessary to trigger that clause and not a cent/penny more
that's not always true, there's always some negotiation up or down (usually up, for example bayern paid a bit more than the release clause to buy thiago) and clubs always try not to be hostile to each other because then destabilization and signing wars can take place between them. There's always some protocol and diplomacy that takes place, and liverpool probably saw arsenal's +1 offer as a mockery. Paying the asking price in the grocery store doesn't give you the right to behave like an idiot, you still have to be polite or they will refuse to sell anything to you.

Also, more importantly, premier players don't have an official release clause. It was a private agreement between liverpool and suarez, and wenger should have considered the worst case scenario of liverpool ignoring it and arsenal having to fight that decision it legally. Wenger was clumsy and naive in this whole deal
>>
>>66216591
This still infuriates me.

Like all the other players he had a chance to buy, settled for memes like Walnut and Giroud while everyone celebrities into world class.

Just fuck off Wenger. I don't care about your legacy now. You've become bigger than the club and have to go.
>>
he's gonna replace himself

>calls press conference
>announces that he's going to step down and that they are about to announce the new manager
>walks out and comes back in with a moustache
>me name is wonga, i am new manager of the arsenal futbol club
>>
>>66217851
very funny
>>
>>66217898
you know it's gonna happen
>>
>>66217618

>people are talking about Mouyes spending 60M on >Higuain

>Wonga could have got him for 23M 3 years ago
>didnt because of that Suarez nonsense
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.