[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/sp/, My roommates and I are thinking about putting together
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 640x748) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 640x748
/sp/,

My roommates and I are thinking about putting together an intramural soccer team for next fall. None of us have ever played soccer outside of when we were like 5. We have all summer to practice, are there any exercises or drills we can do to get better? We're not looking to win the intramural tournament, just be a team that doesn't get BTFO and have fun. So yeah any advice, websites, or even just suggestions for our name would be welcome.
>>
>>66209274
my advice is to call rival black players 'negrito'
>>
>>66209274

>advices

Yes. Don't be contrarians and play a 433 formation.
>>
Get some Mexican players.
>>
Listen to what these spics have said op. solid advice all around
>>
>>66209274
kick a ball against a wall repeatedly, trains both passing and first touch.

first touch is crucial in 5-a-side which i presume is what intramural refers to

also make sure you have a lot of stamina, for pressing
>>
First, quit smoking completely, and minimize your alcohol intake.

Second, start doing stretches and cardio. At least 20 minutes of jogging 3 times a week, and do several series of exercises that will stretch your leg's ligaments and that will strengthen the joints of the lower part of your body.

Third: once you have gained a little bit of physical condition start doing repetitions of exercises that will strengthen your core muscles.

After several weeks of doing the first three steps, start playing soccer with your pals. Try with small games in small courts. While doing that you will realize who is a better fit for each position.

Additionally: try doing some basic soccer exercises, like running around the court with the ball, practicing short passes with less than two touches, etc.
>>
>>66209606
>kick a ball against a wall repeatedly,
Playing piggy in the middle in a circle is better for that.
>>
>>66209274
What college
>>
>>66209649
it's better, but the other one is a lot simpler and you can do it by yourself if you need to, it's the football version of masturbation

another thing is always keeping a ball around to practice dribbling, like the kids do, the kids who become messi, suarez, neymar etc.
>>
>>66209606
>>66209628
>>66209649
thanks senpai

It's 11v11 or at least that's what it was last season but I know they have done 7v7. Dont know if we'll be able to all quit smoking and drinking but I'll at least try because I'm terribly out of shape I've realized after kicking a ball and running around last night. Do you have any tips for defense? Like how physical can you be without being called for a foul?
>>
>>66209649
Also to practice headers form two equal queues, have the guy at the front of one of them head it to the guy at the front of the other. The guy who headered then has to run to the back of the other queue, while the guy who wa, played to heads it back towards the other queue, then runs to the back of that queue, and so on.
>>
>>66209674
Alabama
>>
>>66209748
*was played to
>>
>>66209418
>that many attackers
Their midfielders will be gasping for breath by halftime. 4-4-2 diamond is the only way they'd be able to compete for 90 minutes
>>
>>66209767
Hahahagagahagagafa

Have fun getting a job after graduation retard.
>>
>>66209745
for defense, always try to play the ball, not the man. you can push off with your shoulders but get a foul if you stretch your arm.

never tackle unless you are absolutely sure you'll get it etc.

this is a good read on the mindset of a defender
http://www.theplayerstribune.com/jerome-boateng-bayern-munich-defender/
>>
>>66209799

Considering the lads here are fat, totally out of form, can't run for shit, don't know the basic rules and most likely can't play the ball either, I'd reccomend a 4-4-1-1, ignoring both laterals in defense (cause they would get btfo there anyway) and just pack the center like a minefield of fatty obstacles.

Offensively, the whole idea should revolve about parking the bus and whenever, if ever, get the ball, kick it quickly long long forward in hope of the 1-1 guys upfront somehow winning it and somehow having a chance at scoring.
>>
>>66210033
Are you Mourinho?
>>
>>66209745

Don't try and win the ball from someones feet. Just mark them tightly and get close in and "shepherd" them so they cant go past you or do anything forward.

The best time to win the ball is when intercepting a pass.
>>
>>66210120

I believe in the special one
>>
Learn how to juggle a ball indefinitely. Left foot, right foot, left foot, right foot, etc.

Should give your dribbling some finesse.
>>
>>66209274
1. Make sure you're well conditioned.
2. Learn basic ball control i.e. learn how to juggle, pass the ball with your friends, practice shooting
3. Do some basic strength training if you aren't already
>>
File: kekk.jpg (2 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
kekk.jpg
2 KB, 125x125
>>66209821
>That, and my early days as a striker. I know what’s going on in their heads. When you watch them play often enough, you know their movements and think, O.K., most of the times he’s going to cut inside and try to shoot with his left foot.
>>
>>66209745
>Dont know if we'll be able to all quit smoking and drinking

LE DAE 420 BRAH
>>
>>66210649
>tfw I've been playing soccer for 10+ years and can't juggle for more than a few touches

Kind of a dumb exercise. It's only for show
>>
Another beginner/intermediate level guy here. I'm decent at touches, passes, and dribbles (not skills), but my shot is horrendous. Shot power is low as shit. How to improve?

Also, what basic dribbles should I look to move, like hip fakes, etc? I see my friends who used to play soccer make solid dummies to round defenders but I always seem to end up pulling back and passing it away.
>>
>>66213441
Stay over the ball and hit the ball with the top of your foot. Don't lean back or you'll sail it.

You know how to do all the tricks. All it takes is practice and confidence. Just try it in the game.
>>
>these flags
>this topic

Saving this.
>>
>>66213464
I can hit it decently well but I mean like ripping it. Seems like I can never hit it well so instead just finesse most of my shots.

Sorry, I meant what are some basic moves to shake defenders? I only know the flairs (rainbow, stepovers, etc) but not ones that really matters like the subtle feints. You've got a repertoire?
>>
>>66213541
hit it with a lot of power*
>>
Have one guy focus on taking free kicks.
Make sure he is the free kick god.

I am literally a fatass, slower than shit and have zero stamina, but I can score from a free kick 7/10 times.

If the competition is as good as my intramural opponents were, hoof it to the fast guy, and play organized defense.
>>
>>66213441

this
>>66213464

also,

put your weight into the kick as well. Living in
North America, I always see kids stand flat footed and throw a leg forward when they shoot. It you're putting your entire body into a shot it will be way harder.

Also, a hard shot isn't as useful as an accurate shot.
>>
>>66213737
Gotcha. I've been really only shooting with the inside of my foot for accuracy but it doesn't generate as much power and speed to beat keeper unless close range I'll work on stepping into my shots more. Thanks to both of you.
>>
File: tumblr_nzvbwoY7xs1uq4a92o1_1280.jpg (277 KB, 1280x1275) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzvbwoY7xs1uq4a92o1_1280.jpg
277 KB, 1280x1275
>>66210649
>>66212181

You're both right, but the truth is somewhere in between.

Juggling is done to develop comfort with the ball, and is a valid training drill. However, too much emphasis is placed on it by most, especially plebians,
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.