[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the UCL, dare I say, over?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 4
File: FC Barcelona.jpg (237 KB, 1000x1007) Image search: [Google]
FC Barcelona.jpg
237 KB, 1000x1007
Is the UCL, dare I say, over?
>>
Who cares m8.

Epl is the only thing worth watching tbphwymgfm
>>
>Struggling against Arselel

They would lose to City.
>>
>>66203037
>Struggling

They arent even trying mate
>>
>>66203037
You're acting as if City is good
>>
el triplete coming in for us mane
>>
>>66203037
>5-1
>struggle

back to /arse/
>>
>>66203037
city is even worse than arsenal
>>
'Yes'.
>>
>>66202594
Which team left in the competition seriously poses a threat to Barca over two legs?
>>
>>66202594
stop this shiet posts, you're building up negative karma points
>>
has any team ever repeated the triple
>>
>>66208541
Harrogate Railway FC in 1888/1889 and then again in 1889/1890
>>
>>66202780
>le decay league

yeah nah, I'd rather watch Seria A
>>
>>66208626
You mean you'd rather watch possibly the most corrupt league in Europe where they play for 0-0 or 1-1 draws?
>>
File: aruglia.jpg (44 KB, 500x688) Image search: [Google]
aruglia.jpg
44 KB, 500x688
>>66202594

Not while Aruglia has anything to say about it
>>
PSG will win the CL this year.

cap this
>>
>>66208541
Barcelona are the only club that has won multiple trebles so obviously no.
>>
>>66208711
>I rate Aruglia

Literally a Barriaga babby.
>>
No chance anyone beats them over two legs. But possible (improbable) they lose in the final.
>>
>>66211114

This is what people said in 2010 and 2012 too.
>>
>>66211139
Third time's the charm!
>>
>>66211139
And both times it took an upset of monumental proportions with a truckload of luck
>>
>>66203037
>struggling
lel this match was barca on autopilot

I doubt city could even beat sevilla desu
>>
>>66211139

Both years they were beat by teams (Inter and Chelsea) that relied heavily on defending and counterattacking. Who is left that can do that?
>>
>>66203037

This.

We all know Messi would struggle on a cold wet night at the City of Manchester stadium tbqhwy pham.
>>
>>66211365

Real TSUUUUdrid
>>
>>66211291

>luck

Luck (refball) is what Barca needed to win in 09 and 11 though.

>>66211365

Atletico. Real. PSG maybe.
>>
>>66211472
Atletico has been Barca's cuck for the past season. Real will get memed on quick if they try to beat Barca in their own game of offense and PSG lol nope
>>
>>66211472
>Luck (refball) is what Barca needed to win in 09 and 11 though.
>being this asshurt
>>
>>66211517

Atletico vs. Barca were close games. Not saying Atleti would be favourites, just that they are a team who could beat them.
>>
>>66211583
They dont have the strikers to finish Barca off. Ffs they couldnt score against a shitter like PSV over two legs
>>
File: 1455690854749.jpg (77 KB, 444x467) Image search: [Google]
1455690854749.jpg
77 KB, 444x467
>>66211472
>I rate P$G

They're the definition of a meme team, they just need Pogba and no one will be able to touch them for out and out memeness.
>>
>>66211686
It's hilarious how people think that PSG are hot shit now because they beat a horrible Chelsea team.

I'll just remind everyone that they already got embarrassed by Barcelona last year
>>
I just want another Nottingham fairytale CL championship win.

don't care what team it is, just a small, underdog team. could Leicester pull it off?
>>
File: IMG_0932.jpg (7 KB, 89x125) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0932.jpg
7 KB, 89x125
>>66211686
>out and out memeness
Say that to my face fucker not online and see what happens
>>
>>66211583
Tbh I am only concerned about Bayern and Atleti. Had PSV won the shootout and Juve didn't concede that late goal this would be over already.
>>
This might be the year. The year we finally get the CL final we have been craving for for years. Bayern Barcelona, team vs god, Germany (ahem) vs Spain/Argentina
>>
>>66208739
Nah, FC Bayern nigga someone cap this bitch
>>
>>66212313
>with this defense
Better pray for Benfica in the quarters. Probably gonna lose the first leg 3-1 just to scrape by in the second with a 6-1 blowout, like against Porto last year.
>>
>>66212359
B-but muh Alaba
>>
Paris legit have a chance over two games against Barcelona. Anyone who thinks otherwise does not watch Paris play.
>>
>>66212426
and that's based on what? Ligue 1? Beating a mid table EPL team? Losing to the worst Real team in years?
>>
>>66212377
With our luck we will have 3 injured defenders by the semis again, so Guardiola needs to exchange constantly. No wonder our defense has been so shit for years, we never had an actual back-line, we just field the people who arent injured. Cant expect them to know what the other guy is doing if they havent played with eachother for ages.

From all the team still in the cup, the only viable ones are Benfica, Wolfsburg and Athletico. City and Real are a tossup, PSG and Barcelona potential rapes. So better pray, no way in hell we'll reach the finals though unless PSG and Barcelona fuck each other before the final and we keep getting the fodder. Like, Befica in the quarters and then have Wolfsburg win against Athletico so we play them in the semis. There you go, easy final.
>>
>>66212449
>underestimating Atletico THAT much
wew lad, they're better than City, Real and PSG
>>
>>66212449
would be really shit to have wolfsburg or benfica in a semi final though mate
>>
>>66212503
Come one now... They just twice to score a single goal against Eindhoven.

>>66212510
Pretty sure it wont be Bayern, Barcelona and Real this year though. I simply dont see it. Either Real or us are gonna drop out prior to it. Barcelona could only fuck up against PSG I think, no other team serves a threat to them.

Wouldnt be surprised if it was Barcelona, PSG, Benfica and City :^)
>>
>>66212549
That final four is very digusting.
Reminds me of the 2011 semi finals when fucking Schalke was there. Terrible CL that year.

I really hope the draw allows for Real, Barca, and Bayern to advance to the semis. Hopefully PSG/Atletico too.
>>
>>66212549
>Come one now... They just twice to score a single goal against Eindhoven.
So? They're a defensive team
>>
>>66212549

You are dumb as fuck. Atletico would kill any team except Barca.
>>
>>66212447

Chelsea were (almost said ''are'' but the after Everton we'll keep it at were) back in form and they looked like midgets against Paris.

But as I said it's not based on soccerway or meme analysis (a beat b - b beat c - therefore a is better than c). It's based on seeing the team play. They are good enough to beat anyone in the world over two games right now, if you watch them play you'll know what I'm about.

Trapp, Zlatan, the Brazilian DC's had a rough start but are now playing at the top of their game. Cavani is actually very good when he plays as a 9. He doesn't need to play the whole 90 minutes so he comes on fresh late in the games and is absolutely lethal in his role. Verratti and Matuidi play very well together and are complementary. Blanc needs to realize that Rabiot, Lucas and Motta aren't that good but it's still 2 out 3 CM's with a very good level. Basically Paris are good enough to score against any team, Barcelona's defense isn't exactly amazing (it's actually meme tier), and Paris' defense (mostly thanks to Trapp but still) is currently one of the best in the world.

Over two games they can easily beat them.
>>
>>66212601
>>66212611
We'll see about that but I am pretty sure that they will go out unless they draw Benfica or Wolfsburg.
>>
>>66212618
Verratti is out for a longtime... 1 month at least.
Motta is lost without him. Matuidi is injured.
Their strenght was their midfield and its decimed.

They dont stand a chance against Barca or Bayern, and getting Farca for the 3rd time (+one during group phase) in 4 years would be too much.
>>
>>66212618
>Paris' defense (mostly thanks to Trapp but still) is currently one of the best in the world

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>66212618
I actually started to type a serious reply to this but I think this might be bait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1FumPiqJj0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct44AzQsNdw

this whole >le PSG r winning the CL XD meme has really gone way too far.
>>
>>66212624
>I am pretty sure that they will go out unless they draw Benfica or Wolfsburg.
well, you're wrong
>>
>>66212715
Oh boy, you can see the future, James?
>>
Honest question since I haven't watched them in a while: is Barcelona playing better or worse than last year?

If they're playing better, there's nobody left who can beat them. Atletico can force extra time but that's literally it.
>>
>>66212731
No, but I can see the present where Atletico have the best defence in Europe, are 4 points ahead of Real in the league and beat Real head 2 head

in which City haven't won a single game vs Premier League top 6 and looked genuinely awful recently

and in which PSG are the biggest meme team in the universe that redditors praise as CL contenders because they beat an awful Chelsea team (yes, that team is awful, scrapping some draws vs Stoke and Swansea under Hiddink doesn't change that)
>>
>>66212708
we get it you are an expert and dont like psg but

half of the team was missing , luiz was injured and not supposed to play, use another game as reference retard
>>
>>66212783
They had everyone except for Thiago Silva back for the return leg and guess what? They got BTFO as well
>>
>>66212700

Pastore's back so at least we'll hopefully be seeing less Lucas, even if Blanc doesn't seem to like him (Pastore). Also if Trapp keeps playing like he's playing they'll be fine against Bayern, 100%. Barca it depends on how Barca's meme defense plays and on how well the back-up midfield holds up. I don't like Rabiot but to be fair to him he's actually playing well in 2016. They're still playing well enough to beat any team over two games. I mean yes it was Troyes and yes Parios scored more au Stade de l'Aube over that one game than Troyes over the whole season, but still... if Barcelona's meme defense fucks up against Paris they will definitely pay for it.

>>66212702

It genuinely is though.

>>66212708

>2015
>the same year that Chelsea won the EPL
>relevant today

now you're just playing man
>>
>>66212836
>cabaye, van dershit, lavezzi, rabiot.

yeah ok stick to eplel
>>
>>66203037
Arsenal fans are the cancer of this board
>>
>>66212898
>literally the same Barcelona XI that BTFO PSG 5-1 on aggregate
>not relevant today

>>66212921
van der Wiel played instead of Thiago Silva with Marquinhos in the centre and I forgot Motta was missing too.

Neither Lavezzi nor Rabiot started.

I'll accept PSG as a CL contender once they beat a serious team. Right now they are a big fat meme.
>>
>>66212969

Barcelona lost 4-1 @Celta Vigo earlier this year (yes I looked it up). Vigo lost 5-1 at home against Valencia. Expect Barcelona to get demolished by Valencia.

That's how retarded you sound.
>>
>>66213060
Uhmm, no. I'm using a head to head match up vs the two teams in question.

>this team is going to win the Champions League because they beat a mid table EPL team (b-but Chelsea are world class, I s-swear)
that's how retarded you sound
>>
>>66211583
Atletico are 0-6 against Barcelona with Enrique as Barca's manager. They have no chance. Even Simeone says they can't beat barca
>>
>>66212969
>hurr i have no argument lets put "meme" and buzzwords everywhere

Lavezzi, Rabiot, Cabaye (the shitter only good in EPL) all started. the three key players ; Verratti, Ibra and Silva (out after 15 minutes) were missing.

now go fuck your inbreds league
>>
>>66213096
>Verratti, Ibra
both started in the return leg. result: 2-0 at half time

and don't be disrespectful, "my" league has 4 teams left in European competitions compared Ligue 1's 1. So if EPL is shit then I don't even want to think what does that make Ligue 1
>>
>>66213120

>2nd leg at camp nou when you are down 1-3

you forgot to put meme in your post faggot
>>
>>66213140
>you forgot to put meme in your post faggot
I didn't have to. We've already established that they're a meme team since they haven't beaten any meaningful opposition,

I actually bought into the meme at the start of the season and thought they'd finish above Real Madrid. I was laughably wrong and I won't make that mistake again.
>>
>>66213091

that just means they're DUE m8
>>
>>66213087

The question is: is there a team that could over the course of two games beat Barcelona. If you fail to see how PSG is a viable answer you're hopeless.

Trapp is arguably one of the best in the world right now. The def is looking juicy, solid, thick. Midfield's injured but even then it does not look as bad as it used to. Zlatan is back at it and Cavani is the definition of a powersub.

Nobody said that Paris was the obvious favourite if they had to face Barcelona tomorrow. But they obviously have what it needs to put on a fight.
>>
>>66213187
It won't be with atletico though. Like someone said, they don't have the attack to do it. Torres is their best chane to score a goal against them
>>
>>66213221

Was that an hyperbole or were you being serious?
>>
>>66213201
They have a chance because "anything can happen". So yea, PSG technically is the answer if you want to argue that literally.

There's a big difference between beating up Ligue 1 shitters and facing a good team, suddenly the def will stop looking juicy, solid and thick, Zlatan will not be back and Cavani will stop being a powersub.
>>
>>66213240
I'm just saying Torres has the best chance of scoring against Barcelona from Atletico, so that tells you how much ateltico lacks in attack.
>>
>>66213262

Atletico does lack in attack but Griezmann statistically - by far - has a better chance. So does Saul Niguez.

>>66213256

''Anything can happen'' applies to Benfica as in they would need a LOT of circumstances to actually get throug Barca. Lucky rebounds, Barcelona hits the post twice, red cards, key injuries to Barcelona, etc.

Paris would be underdogs but with a legitimate chance. If Barcelona's defence shits the bed, and they're known for it (they concede basically every game), Paris can easily score three with the attributes they have. Trapp saves the day and Paris scores one away, gets the draw at home is also to the very least a likely scenario. Etc.
>>
>>66213368
>t Griezmann statistically - by far - has a better chance
except he doesn't. torres has scored against barcelona twice wearing an atletico kit while griezmann hasn't. so statically torres is the most dangerous player
>>
>>66213403

that's one way to put it. for every 2,04 goals atletico scores, griezmann scores one is another.
>>
>>66213368
>they concede basically every game
Except that they kept a clean sheet in almost half of their games.

>Paris can easily score three with the attributes they have. Trapp saves the day and Paris scores one away, gets the draw at home is also to the very least a likely scenario. Etc.
Is your fanfiction supposed to be an argument?

>they would need a LOT of circumstances to actually get throug Barca. Lucky rebounds, Barcelona hits the post twice, red cards, key injuries to Barcelona, etc.
This applies to PSG, they're just more likely to exploit those potential circumstances because they're better than Benfica
>>
>>66213440
or how about agriezmann just chokes in every barcelona game? When there's a pattern to go with that statement then its pretty much a fact that his chances aren't as great as Torres
>>
>>66213445

>22 GA in 29 games whereas Atletico conceded 12 and Paris 15. In the CL they conceded in literally every game but one that wasn't against BATE (and even then it was against Arsenal so let me ask, does it count?).

All the rest is likely scenarios. All Paris needs is a classic Mascherano/Piqué/Mathieu counter-performance.
>>
>>66213546
>and Paris 15
>Ligue 1 stats
>Malmo and Shakhtar stats
literally lmaoing right now
>>
>>66213590

Vigo alone scored four (4) in one (1) game against Barcelona. Barcelona only keep clean sheets because they end games with 89% possession that's well known. As soon as there is somewhat of an opposition they concede. As shown by stats.
>>
>>66213628
Good thing PSG aren't much of an opposition then
>>
>>66213642

if bilbao and vigo can score 9 combined over 2 games paris is the definition of an opposition
>>
>>66212618
looooooooooooooooooool
>>
>>66213660
Bilbao and Celta actually beat some relevant teams. PSG have not
>>
>>66212739
They're playing relatively the same desu. You can argue the defense is better but they are simply coasting right now knowing full well that they're pretty much a shoe in for semis like every season.

The only ones close to them are Buyern because of Pep but you saw what happened last season. It's hard to say what will happen if they meet because they both seem to be equal right now but of course Barca would be favored
>>
>>66213697

No way Bayern is at the same level, if what you said is true, they'll get mauled.
>>
>people still falling for the PSG meme

it's like clockwork every year
>>
>>66213684

well yeah they beat barcelona lmao
>>
It's going to be hilarious when Luiz gets megged by Suarez again
>>
>>66213732
which doesn't change the fact that PSG haven't beaten a relevant opponent

but keep believing that Chelsea were really really really really good under Hiddink because they scraped some draws vs Stoke City
>>
>>66213748
I don't even want them to draw Barcelona. That would give them an easy excuse. I want them to get exposed by a team like Atletico, Real or Bayern so the meme can end
>>
>>66202780
>EL is the only thing worth watching tbphwymgfm

ftfy
>>
>>66213763
Only bayern have a chance, the rest don't
>>
>>66213842
>Real don't have a chance vs PSG
>literally beat them and finished above them in the group a couple months ago
>>
>>66211295
Except they have already.
Twice.
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.