[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ways to Increase scoring in Soccer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 5
File: 3750927509.jpg (171 KB, 916x462) Image search: [Google]
3750927509.jpg
171 KB, 916x462
So yesterday there were 2 fixtures in the Champions League, the pre-eminent club competition in the World

There were 0 (ZERO) goals scored in these games

That's 210 minutes (One game went to extra time) without a single fucking goal.

How do we fix this?

My opinion? Make the goals slightly bigger. By a foot on each side.
>>
The game is fine and Atletico - PSV was a very good game with some great defending. If you need a 4:3 goalfest to be entertained then I suggest you watch a different sport
>>
>>66196036

>ignore leaf posters
>>
>>66196036
extra time multi-balls is the only answer
>>
>>66196049
I watched it and I enjoyed it but regardless it would be nice to see some goals in a game I don't think that's a pleb thing to want
>>
remove the offside rule
>>
>multi ball
>wider goals
>random tigers released to force players to continue going forward
>an entire section always filled with Mexicans shooting laser pointers into the GKs eyes; and throwing trash at players
>within range you can choose to pick up the ball and take a shot at the hoop standing over the goal for 2 points
>>
>it's a leaf thread
>>
>>66196036
make the balls smaller, should be easy with all the roid usage
>>
>>66196097
This could work but would probably mean the game would turn into a blootfest with route 1 football everywhere
>>
All memes aside, I'd pay to see one big game played with multi ball
>>
after the third consecutive backpass or sidepass flamethrowers pop up from the ground and start purifying the zone, so you can only go forward
>>
>>66196097
removing offside wouldn't increase scoring, it would drastically reduce it. Without offside you can't play with a high line and pressing which would make sitting deep in your own half the only viable tactic
>>
GK can't leave the box and can't touch the ball with their hands either, there I just fixed the low scoring.
>>
>>66196221
t. Mexican intellectual
>>
>>66196055

this made me laugh. thanks my laser.
>>
What happened yesterday is simply due to the fact that hyper defensive football is the only way a team like PSV can get anywhere in the CL. Unless the massive gap between the top of football clubs and the tier below that is fixed, don't expect anything but boring snorefests. That's the only way smaller teams can make it.
>>
>>66196287
It was a good game anyway even for a neutral I think, there were some trollposts by both sides, good plays and mistakes, and penulties are always tense.
>>
>>66196347

Oh well, at least they lost to the good Madrid team
>>
>>66196369
There is no good team in Madrid
>>
File: huelocaust.webm (3 MB, 1012x568) Image search: [Google]
huelocaust.webm
3 MB, 1012x568
>>66196036
OP BTFO
>>
>>66196287
psv dont deserve to be in the CL they are like chelshit on steroids when they park the bus
>>
>Check flag
>Not American
wow thank you leaf posters for being stupid as fuck. Go kill yourself
>>
>>66196445

parking the bus is a legit tactic

kys
>>
>>66196447
>I will not provide any rational argument and just use ad hominem

yup checks out, sounds like an American post to me
>>
>>66196476
you know you failed as football team when you lose your ability to entertain the crowd deal with it esé
>>
Its kept like this to minimise the number of north Americans who watch.

In all seriousness the away goals rule doesn't really help as the home team ends up defending at all costs as if they were to concede they would have to score twice
>>
>>66196036

Shot clock.

It would only need to be a minute, say, but you would go from ~30 shots a game to 90.
>>
>>66196535
games dont get anywhere close to 30 shots a game
>>
>>66196529
Does this really happen though? I can only think of Chelsea, most non smalltime teams go for the win at home, even Arsenal went all out at first.
>>
>>66196507

You don't win by being entertaining, attactive football is not the end all of football, I bet you're a barça bandwagoner
>>
I distinctly remember one game finished 8-7 op
>>
File: escudo-Rayo-Vallecano.gif (10 KB, 350x296) Image search: [Google]
escudo-Rayo-Vallecano.gif
10 KB, 350x296
>>66196406
>>
>>66196550

Listen, leaf. I'm entertaining the idea of an irrelevant sporting nation trying to change the most successful sport of all time. Maybe in return you should do me the courtesy of not talking absolute shit. Some games have more than 30 shots, some have less.
>>
Why americans/canacucks don't enjoy the 0-0?
>>
>>66196573
no, i am not

just note that amusing the plebs is what gets tickets sold at the end all in all football is just bread and circus
>>
>>66196535
This is retarded. More shots doesn't mean more goals, 80 of those 90 shots would be hopeful blooters into the stands from 25 yards out
>>
>>66196601
cause da american football is 7 pts per touchdown. and hawkey there's like 5 goals a game. and da basketball goes up to like 200 pts per game.
>>
>>66196624
statistically speaking increasing the number of attempts may result in success
>>
I think having more parity amongst teams will lead to more goals per game and a more entertaining product overall

There's a reason why the EPL is the best league in the world. It's because teams generally dont park the bus and submit to defeat vs the top few teams.....they have a go at them and often get a result
>>
>>66196624

Can't win the raffle without buying a ticket lad. It would at least mean more direct play.
>>
>>66196639
It's drastically decreasing the quality of attempts though.
>>
Stop developing players with emphasis on the "flair" part of the game. These kind of players may be entertaining but they usually lack end product resulting in lower scores. Ditch positions like the 'le cut inside and lose the ball' forwards such as Mempiss Depay, the false ""9"" shitters like Götze and go back to the traditional pacy wingers who can cross the ball and a proper striker who can actually score goals. Combine them with 2 box to box midfielders who aren't afraid to take a shot and we'll see a lot more high scoring games.
>>
>>66196635
>he don't enjoy a comfy 0-0
>>
>>66196717
when did I say that I don't
>>
>>66196674
mostly due to fatigue and frustration
>>
>>66196717
if you ask people what their favorite matches of all time are its almost always high scoring games like arsenal - liverpool 4-4 etc.
>>
>>66196601
I don't mind it at all
>>
It's not a problem with football in general, it's a problem with the Champions League specifically.

It's been obvious for fucking YEARS that the away goals rule needs to fuck off but UEFA does fuck all about it.
>>
>>66196036
>Ways to Increase scoring in Soccer
Why would you do that? That's not even the problem with football, if something needs to be fixed is the excessive diving.
>>
>>66196844

This is why I want a super league, they would get rid of away goals for that and we'd get better matches.

It would be a closed shop but I don't give a fuck.
>>
>>66196872
>being an american bangwagoner
>>
>>66196872
america pls
>>
>>66196601
I don't mind the low scoring at all, in fact I rather like watching the slow-burning tactical chess match unfold. I really don't like air-raid football or apehoop where scoring is a foregone conclusion, it takes all the excitement out of the game to me.

Having said that, games ending in a 0-0 draw are a fucking travesty. Not so much for the Champions League knockout stage because you're sending a winner through regardless after the second leg, but 0-0 draws in club regular season play is mind-numbingly boring. I would rather see my team lose and feel like I actually watched something happen than just 90+ minutes fighting to a draw.
>>
>>66196872
>>66196916

British Morecambe fan lads. I find it difficult to care that an upper mid-table PL team won't get 1 year of getting twatted in the Champions League.
>>
>>66196872
Two tier super league

Tier 1 - 20 teams
Tier 2 - 20 teams

Promotion/relegation between the two leagues

Each country has a domestic league structure still

Winners or top teams based on coefficient in domestic leagues play against winners from other country's for chance of berth into tier 2 european super league

Revenue sharing and luxury taxes in place for European super league to establish parity
>>
>>66196923
>I would rather see my team lose and feel like I actually watched something happen than just 90+ minutes fighting to a draw
I went the the final game my team played last season, we lost 3-0. I'd have gladly taken the dullest 0-0 draw because that point would have been the difference between a possible successful season and a terrible shit end of a season
>>
>>66196865
Agreed. We had a similar issue with American football where players feigned injury to stop the clock late in the game. The best way to deal with it is to force the player to come out of the game if they're going to act like they're badly injured. That'll cut the faking bullshit out real quick.
>>
Atletico - PSV was one of the best games I've seen all year
>>
>>66196923
You prententious faggot
>>
>>66196946
>revenue sharing
I'm disappointed in you, leaf
>>
>>66196958
I can appreciate that. When an overmatched team plays well and executes a solid game plan, it's nice that they're still able to be awarded with a point.
>>66196985
How was any of that pretentious?
>>
>>66196923
The American attitude towards ties is baffling, there is literally nothing wrong with a game ending in a tie and even at the absolute very least, the commissioners should always favour integrity over ADHD ridden supporters
>>
>>66197009
you know there's already revenue sharing in EPL, Spain etc right?
>>
>>66197039
lol dumbass
>>
>>66196923
>Having said that, games ending in a 0-0 draw are a fucking travesty.
And this is why Americans are terrible football fans.

A 0-0 match can have more action than a 4-0 match - near misses, great saves, corners, free kicks, bookings, fouls, missed penalties, fights, injuries, whatever.

>I would rather see my team lose and feel like I actually watched something happen than just 90+ minutes fighting to a draw.
If you were a real football fan you would literally never think this. If your team fought a great match to earn a point you would be pretty happy - well, at least, you would certainly be a lot happier than if they lost it.
>>
>>66197024
i don't understand the outright disdain for ties either, tbhonest. Though I have no idea how you attributed distaste for ties to ADHD, that's silly.
>>
>>66196923
>he thinks Norwich fans would rather have seen their team lose 4-0 to City because it would have had something happen than get that 0-0 that they did
>>
>>66197024
I don't see how wanting an emerging victor would presuppose ADHD, I made it very clear that I enjoy the matches, low-scoring and all. Is it too much to ask that the ball find the net even once in a game, without 90 minutes of fruitlessly kicking it back and forth?

Anyway, I'm not trying to tell you how you should be running your game brah. I respect the sport and I wish that we had a quality league over here, or at least more television coverage of the EPL. I appreciate that any perspective of mine would be immediately discarded on the basis of being American, but just know that not all of us need 12-10 final scores for it to be entertaining.
>>
>>66197079
Look, I don't even mind the occasional draws, it just happens far too often. It feels kind of silly to start watching a game when you know how high the odds are that each team get to go home with a special snowflake point just for participating. Even in a lot of those 0-0 draws you can appreciate how one team had a clear advantage throughout the match, but if one team just plays back and loads the box all game it's tough to break through.
>0-0 match can have more action that a 4-0 match
Completely agreed, I won't argue that in the slightest.
>>
>>66196036

This almost never happens though.

If you want goals then watch Barca score 6 tonight.
>>
>>66197087
>Though I have no idea how you attributed distaste for ties to ADHD, that's silly.
Because Americans seem to be more concerned with cheerleaders, adverts and fireworks than with actual sport.

>>66197106
>Is it too much to ask that the ball find the net even once in a game, without 90 minutes of fruitlessly kicking it back and forth?
Clearly you, like all Americans, just don't appreciate the game. We're not changing it. So if you don't like it then fuck off and watch some other shit.
>I don't see how wanting an emerging victor would presuppose ADHD
Surely even in handegg, you would rather see your team tie than lose? Yes it is not as great as winning but it is better than losing.

I can sort of understand the American mentality on this. In rugby for instance, ties are also pretty rare, but they happen. Wales tied with Ireland in the Six Nations this year which was pretty frustrating as a Wales supporter - I definitely wanted to see them win. And obviously if ties are rarer in a game then you are expecting to see a win and so a tie pisses you off. But still, a tie is obviously better than losing.

But in football we are used to there being ties (draws, it feels wrong to call it a tie), that's just how it is. No one's going to change the game to artificially inflate the number of goals because that would be absurd and a complete destruction of football. It's all about the battle, who has the guts and the spark and the magic to take all 3 points.

Also remember that all big games do have a winner, because if the game ends in a draw then it goes to penalties.
>>
We need to do away with the the away goals rule.
The advantage always goes to the team playing away first because all they have to do is nick a goal then park the bus for a 0-0 or 1-0 on the return fixture. It's bullshit
>>
>>66197206
>it just happens far too often

Don't watch it then
>>
>>66197206
>It feels kind of silly to start watching a game when you know how high the odds are that each team get to go home with a special snowflake point just for participating.

But they don't get a point just for participating? If they decided just to 'participate' then they get run ragged and lose the game.

>Even in a lot of those 0-0 draws you can appreciate how one team had a clear advantage throughout the match, but if one team just plays back and loads the box all game it's tough to break through.

By 'load the box' do you mean park the bus / play defensively? Well that's just what happens and yes, teams like that (famously Chelsea) are criticised for playing boring football, but they're entitled to play however they want to win (or eke out a draw if that's all they need to win the overall fixture / group / tournament)

And if that happens, it's still a battle. The other team is going to attack as much as they can to try and break through
>>
nothing

that was first time its EVER happened over two legs in the cl

imo eliminate extra time and just go to pens, extra time is never good and always just boring as fuck since everyones tired
>>
>>66197239
>more concerned with cheerleaders, adverts, and fireworks
We like our cheerleaders, I'll give you that one. The advertisements though are completely over the line in terms of sheer volume, and it's made a lot of shit over here damn near unwatchable. I know it's a problem over here, but I promise you we don't actually like them. As per fireworks, you only really see those if you actually attend the game, it's a complete non-issue if you're watching a game in any sport on tv.
>you, like all Americans, just don't appreciate the game
You're literally as bad as our baseball fans are over here. If anybody says one little thing regarding preference, you immediately start jumping around like an 8 year old on a sugar rush and start screaming about integrity and history. I'm not bashing your sport, I can't possibly make it any more clear that I like it you dense fuck. I said that I don't care for the 0-0 draws, and that's it. And even then I made a clarification for regular season club football, because I know that you get overtime and (if necessary) a penalty shootout to determine things in a tournament.
>you would rather see your team tie than lose
I honestly don't know what this would feel like, so I could only offer speculation. I know that I get excited for overtime and the chance to see my team eke out a classic victory. If they lose it's heartbreak, but the wins are exhilarating. I really don't know how I'd feel about "oh, well, I guess that was nice. We didn't lose today." It feels like a pretty hollow thing to be happy about.
>>
>>66196822
My favourite ever game was 0/0 draw between Bolton and Scunthorpe
>>
>>66197385
do you watch EPL in potatoland?
>>
>>66197496
I prefer the Moldovan league
>>
File: MAD.jpg (36 KB, 875x162) Image search: [Google]
MAD.jpg
36 KB, 875x162
>>66197365
>Never good
>>
They should just be allowed to sub in and out like hockey. Maybe not to the extent that hockey does it but like, you should be able to sub players in and out. This would make the game so much faster and higher intensity throughout the game. I wish they would actually try some of this shit...
>>
>>66197571
that's actually a really good idea tbqh
>>
>>66197544
that game was a disgrace, atleti should have won

fucking refball
>>
>>66196696
>he likes crossing football

please go away
>>
>>66196049

PSV is shit like all dutch teams and it wasn't 'great defending', it's just that Atleti is shit at attacking and scoring specially when the oppossite team is the one parking the bus and passing them all the responsibility for trying and dominate and be the ones in charge of playing the ball.

Even so Atleti had a lot of chances to score, but again, it's Atleti... with >Torres and >Griezmann up front.
>>
>>66196036
>How do we fix this?

Simple. You fuck off and never post here again.
>>
>>66196822

I remember Russia v Holland in the Euro. Fucking great game.

It ended in a draw and Russia won it in extra-time. 2-1 or 3-1 not sure.

Any game that ends in 6-0 or shit like that it's most of the times a shitty one-sided game there's not worthy of being remembered.

You faggots don't understand football and can't appreciate true competition for the sake of your lives.

Stay in your containment zone across the north atlantic and stick to your sports with 2hrs of commercial breaks.
>>
>>66196923
>I would rather see my team lose
Casual: The Post
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.