[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's all over
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 507x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 507x300
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/03/15/football/football-china-guangzhou-evergrande/index.html Lads, football (soccer) has been solved. China is about to do to soccer what it did to gymnastics starting in the 80s. How mad will /sp/ get when they win a WC before the US?
>>
Until they fix their insanely unhealthy air pollution situation, nobody from China will have a chance at being elite.
>>
>>66192784
>How mad will /sp/ get when they win a WC before the US?
Not very. Chinks winning the WC would be great for shitposting.
>>
NBA on suicide watch. They've been trying to corner the Chinese market for two decades.
>>
>China are about to get knocked out of World Cup qualifying by HONG KONG

kek

KEK

They are insanely shit. Always have been. Always will be.

They can pump as many billions as they want. That wont fix their shitty gook DNA
>>
china is trash
>>
more like
>Chinese NT full of Brazilians wins before Brazil does
>>
a lot of cheeky buttsex going on that training facility
>>
>>66192784
They won't win anything unless they buy a shit ton of good players. Nothing will happen , China is shit at soccer. So OP , please fuck off.
>>
The social system they use weakens the capabilities of their soccer squads. No amount of game philosophy and ball principles will rescue them because of that.
>>
>>66193256
I think they have girls' teams in the academy too.
>>
wont do anything because football is 80% about talent.
>>
File: Glenn_Beck_Disquise.jpg (6 KB, 248x203) Image search: [Google]
Glenn_Beck_Disquise.jpg
6 KB, 248x203
>you can create great players top down out of thin air by shoving them full of theory
>mfw chinese people actually believe this

What a waste of money
>>
>>66192784
cant wait for goats like
yin, yin, yon, song and xin
>>
>>66193342

They're a country of over a billion people. Do you seriously think the reason China sucks ass at football is because they're just naturally bad at it?

If they start investing money and raising interest, they could be great in a while.
>>
>>66193410
You forgot Wing Wong and Yang.
>>
>>66193425
Can't wait for the next Dong Dong myself.
>>
File: Alex-Song_3009828b.jpg (66 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
Alex-Song_3009828b.jpg
66 KB, 620x387
>>66193410

There already was a GOAT Song thought
>>
>>66193184
Based on their genes they're much more likely to succeed in football than in basketball so
>>
>>66193421
>Do you seriously think the reason China sucks ass at football is because they're just naturally bad at it?
The population argument can't explain why pretty small countries like Uruguay and Netherlands are consistantly good. You need infrastructure, trainers, high level of competition and above all public interest. It's easy to make traing an elite group of athletes from a young age, but it's harder to make 50% of your male population compete to become pros and pick the best from them at older age.
>>
>>66193458
More of a footballing culture in those countries.
>>
>>66192784
>China is about to do to soccer what it did to gymnastics starting in the 80s.

Steal children from their parents and pump them full of hormones so that the develop into athletic robots?
>>
>>66193342
The plan is to popularize football and make it appealing to younger generations. Progress, if any, will be seen in a few decades when the new generations of kids grow up playing it.

It's like saying the English are bad at basketball because of their shit genetics. It has nothing to do with it, it has everything to do with no one giving a shit about basketball and kids rarely, if ever, play basketball, especially competitive. Another thing is that they don't have the facilities, the coaching staffs, the experience of top of the level basketball like they do with football and that only comes with years, if not decades of work.

I mean we only have a population of 2 million, a medium sized US city, yet we produced a fair amount of NBA players. The only reason we did so is because the sport is (was) popular. Now the top club in the country has been shit, and there's less kids playing it and you can already see in the U-XX's how their performance dropped trough the years. Lithuania is an even better example. They're shit at football but consistently produce good basketball players.

>>66193470
This.
>>
>>66193458

>You need infrastructure, trainers, high level of competition and above all public interest.

Yes, that's pretty much what I implied

>The population argument can't explain why pretty small countries like Uruguay and Netherlands are consistantly good.

Countries like Uruguay and the Netherlands, along with Croatia and a few others, are NOTED for punching above their weight, though. The reason it's so special to see these small countries succeed is because the whole point is that it doesn't happen very often. These countries are exceptions because of a number of different reasons regarding their sporting culture.

Which leads me to my final point:

>It's easy to make traing an elite group of athletes from a young age, but it's harder to make 50% of your male population compete to become pros and pick the best from them at older age.

Once again, with China's population, not even 1% of their males have to be competitive and the country as a whole could still be very capable of qualifying for the World Cup.
>>
>>66192801
>train and play in smog
>lungs adapt and evolve into efficient oxygen huffing machines
>play in clean air of developed countries
>run circles around defenders seemingly never to tire

literally how it will go down
>>
File: Hey baby, do you want some fire.jpg (160 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Hey baby, do you want some fire.jpg
160 KB, 600x800
>>66192784
Just put Zhou Yu as the manager
>>
>>66192784
>Spanish coaches from Real Madrid

Nothing to worry about lads. Continue shitposting.
>>
>>66193487
>Yes, that's pretty much what I implied
What I'm saying is that top down government initiatives can give that to "some" elite group, but it you can't pop up trainers so they become available for the mainstream populace. Think how many kids in slums who became pros, or the ones who were mediocre in youth level that developed later. Those talents will be missed unless the country has a big football culture.

>Once again, with China's population, not even 1% of their males have to be competitive and the country as a whole could still be very capable of qualifying for the World Cup.
I'm pretty sure the Chinese like football and many of them have been playing it for decades. So the question is, why are they still shit?
>>
the reason they are bringing in non gooks is to try copy the french/english formula and just have humans born in their shithole
>>
Ling Li is a beast
>>
>>66193625
Surely their height disadvantage mean tiki taka Mach 2
>>
>>66193501
>>live your whole life underwater
>>lungs adapt and evolve into efficient oxygen huffing machines
>>get out on land
>>die
Fish ain't shit.
>>
>>66193625
>copy the English formula
I don't think China are setting out for failure
>>
>>66193458
>Netherlands are consistantly good

you will be surprised come summer

>>66193476
called progress

>>66193625
they can just clone them if they want
>>
>>66193501
The infamous american education at play
>>
>>66195432
>>66194209
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-altitude_football_controversy

>Fifa awards WC to China
>Smog decimates competition
>Rest is killed off by refball Korea style
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.