[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is he such a broken player?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: rgiii-2.jpg (183 KB, 1484x1055) Image search: [Google]
rgiii-2.jpg
183 KB, 1484x1055
I'm curious, keep hearing the guy is a dead end player. What's wrong with him?
>>
>1 (one) knee
>>
so once upon a time there was the NFL QB named RG3 that was an effective QB even though he wasn't very good in the pocket

everybody told him his style couldn't last, because he wasn't improving as a pocket passer and unlike Russell Wilson he wasn't good at avoiding big hits

the charade went on for a while, then he fucked up his knee and tried to play through it, so of course he fucked it up even worse

now he is a marginally mobile injury prone QB that is bad in the pocket
>>
FedEx Field has notoriously shitty grass

No pocket skills to back up his mobility, which was taken by that shitty grass
>>
>>66171974
Shitty grass doesn't mean shit when you charge at Haloti Ngata's gigantic ass and get speared into the ground
>>
Griffin was cursed with superior athletic gifts that allowed him to be poor at the fundamentals of his position but still suceed because when he'd fuck up the QB'ing he could always bail himself out by running.

Once he reached the pro level that "I'm faster than everone else on the field" thing was no longer true - but he couldn't then hop in a time machine and go back to Pop Warner and practice the years of fundamentals he'd been able to gloss over because he'd been such a good general athlete.
>>
File: practice_reps_at_safety_lol.jpg (3 MB, 5184x3456) Image search: [Google]
practice_reps_at_safety_lol.jpg
3 MB, 5184x3456
>>66174621

It's the same reason that a lot of NBA big men suck at free throws.
>>
the same reason all air raid quarterbacks suck in the nfl. See: johnny manziel. What made griffin better was he at least had elite speed, which he ruined by never bothering to protect himself.
>>
RGIII is another in a long line of athletic QBs who don't bother learning the art of playing the position.
Pocket presence, read progression, identifying defensive shifts and formations are all as important as ME RUN FAST THROW HARD.
>>
>>66171797
What made him and all meme QB's a threat is their freshness in the league. They were new. No tape on them. Its a lot different then college. Mariota threw 4 TD's his first game. Kaep was god tier when he emerged. Cam threw more passing yards as a rookie ever. RG3 won the division his first or second year, think it was first. Yes, Russell won the owl, and Cam almost made it too. But they both had elite defenses.
>>
Partly due to Shanahan & some players taking ill to the fact that Snyder loved him so. They rode him in that rookie year & gave no fucks about his development.

Mostly, he's fast quick son of a bitch with very little elusiveness. He seems to get wrecked on every tackle. It's now in his head, so he's playing scared out there.

I do believe he has what it takes to play from the pocket & would sign him in a heartbeat.
>>
>try to play the college game against grown ass men

that shit aint gonna work nigga
>>
He's a black Tim Tebow, and nobody likes a Tim Tebow
>>
>>66176354
Tebow is actually physically powerful enough to run without getting his knees deaded
>>
>>66176225
Cam was winning games despite his defense
>>
File: Ruinerofallthings.jpg (86 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
Ruinerofallthings.jpg
86 KB, 1200x900
>>66171797
He can't slide, or avoid hits, so any time he breaks out of the pocket he's guaranteed to get blown up. And unlike cam, he isn't big or strong enough to stand up to the damage. The one god damned thing that is in place to protect mobile QB's and he fucking refuses to learn to do it.

I blame Danny Boy. He made it abundantly clear RG3 was his golden boy, so he had no reason to listen to his coaches and, ya know, develop into an NFL QB. When you sit down with Mike Shanahan as a rookie QB and tell him what plays you are and are not going to run, there's a fucking problem.

tl;dr - As usual it's Snyder's fault.
>>
>>66176618
While I agree I don't think it should be overlooked that when Shanny had given up on the 2012 season at 2-6 or 3-6 or whatever RG3 basically lead the team to the playoffs. Then got left in the Seattle game inexplicably. Just a bad situation all around and par for the course for my shit team.
>>
>>66176665
Lets face it, it's the organization as a whole. Everything about the whole situation was destined to just be a complete fucking disaster.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.