[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw played high school soccer in the mid 2000's in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: FB_IMG_1454896467869.jpg (30 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1454896467869.jpg
30 KB, 500x500
>tfw played high school soccer in the mid 2000's in the US
>no one ever told us offside was a rule, learned that from FIFA a good while later
>coach didn't set up a formation and explain roles, just picked the best athletes and told some to stay in the back
>90% of the team didn't know that you weren't supposed to kick with your toes
>I was the only one who worked out how to curve the ball/get it in the air with frequency
>no concept was ever covered in practice
>didn't even know crosses were a thing until these Mexicans we played at another school
>concept of striker making runs and feeding the ball to a striker not even covered, basically just stood around passing it completely still and trying to outpace the man in front to get on goal
>goalkeeper wore a Spiderman shirt and talked about how good his reflexes were even though he gave up around 5 goals a game
>team only scored one time in a 15 game season off a penalty

Looking back, I'm not even sure the coach knew anything about the sport.

Anyone else got horror stories from playing sports like this?
>>
I played lacrosse in high school, my 2 coaches on jv were truly lacrosse players and taught us so much. My 2 varsity coaches didn't know shit, all we did was conditioning and shooting drills even tho I was a pole

Fuck those fat fucks. One of them just died last year from diabetes
>>
Not so much a horror story, but we always had to do 10 pushups any time we said a swearword. The worst was when you got hurt in some way, and instinctively let out a few fucks. That was just adding insult to injury.
>>
>played high school soccer in early 2000's
>north fucking mississippi
>season is november-february
>cold as fuck, even in MS
>ground frozen solid
>that feel when you get hit by the ball on your bare skin in 30 degree weather
>coach was just one of the assistant football coaches, knew nothing
>practice everyday consisted of scrimage
>alright guys, "varsity vs suck side"
>some of the other schools we played still did co-ed
>got to thrash bitches, was pretty fun
>despite all this, my school won the division like 14 years running

Football is life, the rest is just details m8s.
>>
>>66349588
OP here, I'm from North Mississippi. Corinth to be exact. Where are you from?

And yeah, I played football and soccer to stay in shape off season by running around. The cold was brutal. Hot packs in my shin guards and shorts pockets. Bus never warmed up on the ride there or back. Less than 10 people in the stands ever.
>>
>>66349588
Ours was an assistant football coach too but he bragged about living in Italy or some shit so everyone assumed he knew something but he didn't.
>>
>>66349636
Sup brother. From Oxford. Funny you're from Corinth, the team I remember having the most co-eds was Alcorn Central. I'm sure they had a girls team by the time I finished high school, I only remember the co-eds being around my first year or two. Good shit. Yea that cold ass bus ride was miserable.
>>
>>66349678
That was literally my school. We didn't have co ed by the time I started playing in 2006 or 2007. We had to sit in the freezing cold on the metal benches to watch slag soccer for 2 hours before our match. Living hell.
>>
>>66349678
I wonder just how different things are in 2016 where soccer is at least understood if not liked by the majority of high school boys because of FIFA and Prem League on NBC.

We seriously played with no more understanding than 11 men, don't touch the ball with your hand
>>
>>66349525
But at least you had fun, I guess.
>be 6yo me
>Like everyfucking nigglet you start playing soccor
>They already teach you "advanced" shit like making fake runs to open space for your mates
>if you ever did a wrong pass you will get shit like if you were a fucking 20yo professional player, and probably be a bench warmer for the rest of the season.
>there was 8yo kids who kicked the ball almost as hard as a normal 14yo.
>there was 6yo kids who will play literally hero ball and win every match by their own.
>I wasnt bad but I was average at least
>THE BEST PART IS, I WASNT EVEN IN A PRO CLUB, IT WAS SOME SCRUB NEIGHBORHOOD TEAM.
>tfw you read amerilards posting their soccor stories, and you know you will be an MLS star by now.

PLS END MY LIFE NOW.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.