[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: b1g.png (4 KB, 242x209) Image search: [Google]
b1g.png
4 KB, 242x209
What went wrong?
>>
>>66136942
Rutgers
>>
>>66136942
It's all been shit ever since you proved that you didn't know how to count to 11.
>>
File: Big_12.jpg (57 KB, 639x360) Image search: [Google]
Big_12.jpg
57 KB, 639x360
>>66137040
HAHA YEAH you guys suck.

<.<
>>
Seems like every year starts with B1G and ACC people arguing about who is better then either an ACC team or UCONN wins. I don't know much about college sports but why won't ACC or B1G suck up UCONN?
>>
>>66137105
Either shitty football or CT is just too small a media market, we're not really sure.

This is a conference that took fuckin' MARYLAND for chrissakes, so who knows.
>>
>>66137122
It's because UConn has too shitty of academics for the Big 10. The reason they took Maryland was
>AAU school
>DC Media market so they could get BTN on basic tier cable
>>
>>66137105
Why the fuck would the Big Ten want UConn?
>>
File: why.png (31 KB, 360x216) Image search: [Google]
why.png
31 KB, 360x216
This
>>
>>66145083
What problem could you possible have with that?
>>
>>66145270
Oh I don't know, Big TEN, only fucking SIX teams.
>>
>>66137122
It's both.

>>66137295
It also gets BTN on basic in MD, and brings in not only a LAX power in the Terps, but an excuse to bring in Johns Hopkins. Not to mention it totally cucks the ACC by stealing a charter member.

B1G's problems lately have been down IU, Purdue, Michigan, OSU, Minnesota, Illinois from their traditional strength levels. Izzo's back is sore from carrying the B1G in March.
>>
>>66146083
Purdue's a basketball school that (used to) occasionally has a decent quarterback, but I do agree we are well short of our usual mediocrity and I apologize to the other teams who are brought down by playing the football team. Burke retires next year, so maybe they'll be hope for a few years down the road. Try and make the best of your free wins until then, I guess.
>>
>>66145489
Those are all the Big Ten teams that have hockey though. The Big Ten has 14 full members, plus 1 with Johns Hopkins. The name clearly doesn't reflect the number of schools anymore.
>>
>>66148335
I think his complaint is that the B1G is setting itself up for long term failure adding in teams with only one or two major sports commitments. Obviously football and basketball are the money makers, but they're not even trying to encourage anything else.

They are being smart in making sure everybody is in those two at least, avoiding any of the Big East nonsense.
>>
Remind me again why rutgers is part of the big 10 when they play at a regional school skill level
>>
>>66148481
That's the complaint you're seeing? Because making a B1G hockey conference from the Big Ten hockey schools (Penn State being the only "addition" there you could even try to claim as not-Big Ten) seems exactly like encouraging non-revenue sports.

The additions after Penn State:
Nebraska - Clearly football
Maryland - Clearly basketball (and lacrosse)
Rutgers - Clearly 0 sports, but that NYC market

I don't think the Big Ten's possible failure through over-expansion would be anything at all like the Big East's. Adding too many teams to the point where the conference either dilutes rivalries or has to play as B1G West and B1G east in everything is not the same as everyone leaving.
>>
File: 1443300275102.png (203 KB, 833x979) Image search: [Google]
1443300275102.png
203 KB, 833x979
who /didn't make postseason/ here?
>>
>>66145270
It blew up successful hockey conferences that maintained the regional nature of the sport. It was a bad move for Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and maybe Michigan State. The only programs that benefit are OSU and PSU.
>>
>>66155146
And because there's only 6 teams, those teams can still schedule opponents from their former conference. And how exactly is the Big Ten a huge break from the "regional nature" of conference alignment? I mean, having schools in Alaska in the same conference as schools in Colorado and schools in Minnesota is fine, but going from Wisconsin to Pennsylvania is too much? I understand it fucked up all the other conferences, but can you say that they're less regional now than they were before?

And my school is OSU, so there's that.
>>
>>66136942
They still value academics
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.