[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he a bust or just mismanaged?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6
Was he a bust or just mismanaged?
>>
He was always more interested in partying. Spoiled rich kid bust.
>>
I thought he was going to be a bust and he busted far above my expectations.

Its actually impressive how much he busted
>>
mismanaged of course. he'd basically be russell wilson if he went to the seahawks.
>>
>>66136156
He's Ryan Leaf tier bust

Years from now, he will be talked of as the GOAT bust in the NFL. Worse than Leaf, worse than JaMarcus Russell.
>>
>>66136182
> Worse than Leaf

Come on now...
>>
BUST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZJKBoDrGlA
>>
>>66136171
Mismanaged?? How many other players have to be babysitted. It's all about personal responsibility, dude could have made a good thing out of a shitty situtation but he chose the drugs and partying.
>>
File: 143105797417.gif (2 MB, 251x240) Image search: [Google]
143105797417.gif
2 MB, 251x240
it's hard to say just cause it's the Browns, they draft a new QB every year. At some point you gotta wonder if its the QB's fault or maybe they just don't know what the fuck they are doing in that front office

of course Johnny Sniffles partied a too much and did make a shit show through his tenure with the Browns. I wonder if he had gone to a more respectable team, would he have given more fucks and not fucked around as much. It's almost as if he was trying to get kick out of the Browns lol

>pic related probably Cleveland
>>
>>66136315

what the fuck am i watching
>>
Both
>>
To be a truly massive bust, you have to start with the assumption that the player is going to be elite and deserves to be highly drafted.

I'm not sure anyone thought Johnny was going to be 'elite.' People were always worried that he was too small, too slow, didn't have enough arm strength, and that his scrambling freelancing style wouldn't translate to the NFL. They were largely proven right. Even when he was off the drugs and booze he was just a shitty inadequate quarterback.

That's why Leaf is the ultimate bust. Everyone thought Leaf was going to be ELITE. The Chargers weren't even sad they missed out on Manning because Leaf was supposed to be just as much of a sure thing. I don't think anyone ever thought that about Johnny Football.
>>
>>66136182
Leaf was the second overall pick and the Chargers gave up a shitload to move up one spot and take him. He had 36 picks and 24 fumbles in his 25 career games. There is no way in hell Manziel is a bigger bust.
>>
File: 1367201734219.jpg (40 KB, 600x440) Image search: [Google]
1367201734219.jpg
40 KB, 600x440
>>66136211
>Skip
He downplayed Khalil Mack as well my sides
>>
>>66136166
I think this guy probably has the right assessment. I think everyone assumed he was going to be a bust, but he managed to shock us all with how BIG a bust he was.

He's basically out of the league after TWO SEASONS. That's nearly unheard of for a first round pick. Even RG3 is still in the league.
>>
Just look at the browns track record. shit city shit franchise shit fans shit shit shit
>>
>>66136315
what the hell he took like 7 bullets like nothing
>>
>>66136388
>He's basically out of the league after TWO SEASONS. That's nearly unheard of for a first round pick

didn't the browns draft a qb 1st overall and he retired before the 1st season even began?
>>
Excited for the lad to be a backup for Romo soon.
>>
>>66136182
Leaf was the 2nd overall and was picked over Peyton Manning.
JaMarcus Russell was picked 1st overall ahead of players such as Calvin Johnson, Joe Thomas, and Adrian Peterson.

Manziel was picked 18th by the most inept front office in the NFL. He's a bust, but not a Leaf or Russell-tier bust.
>>
>>66136424
Even the Cowboys won't touch him. That would probably actually cause Garrett to quit.
>>
>>66136431
>picking the second pick over the first pick
>>
He is still richer and more successful than any of you will ever be.
>>
>>66136431
>Leaf was the 2nd overall and was picked over Peyton Manning.
durr is leaf was number 2 who was number 1
>>
>>66136488
Not for long
>>
Bust, and it isn't even an argument.
A rowdy adult can be corralled into a respectable one.

No amount of management can fix fucking children
>>
>>66136156
spoiled millionare with a massive ego and a drug addiction

dont know what you expected
>>
>>66136156
>browns
>qb
come on now, he was fucked from the get go.
>>
File: hmmm.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
>picked #22
>only paid $8m
>wasn't tagged as savior of franchise
>mfw people think he's the biggest bust ever

utter fucking waste of a 1st round selection, but hardly a historic bust. ten years from now he won't even make a top 25 bust list. people just care now because he's current.
>>
Manziel was a cancerous piece of shit at A&M. Most of the team hated the little prick and even the Frats couldn't stand him. The coaching staff knew he came to practice drunk pretty regularly and covered for him. The Browns knew they were getting damaged goods and still wrote him a big check. They pretty much deserve what they got out of Manziel.

He was destined to fail hard. It just happened after he got drafted instead of before.
>>
>>66136210
>>66136431
>>66136601
He's probably considered a bigger bust because of the amount of hype and attention Manziel got from ESPN through college and leading up to being drafted. Massive meme, household name with football fans for a long time.
>>
>>66136638
exactly. which is why i said with 10 years' perspective he'll have dropped off the radar.
>>
>>66136691
jonathan football will be off the radar in 10 years because he'll be dead of an overdose within 5
>>
Tebow busted harder desu.
>>
>>66136715
>implying that won't make him more famous

do you even into american celebrity?
>>
>>66136488
Give it time bruh. He's got a hell of an expensive habit, and now that he's finally on his own I give him less than a year before he's sentenced to 30 to life for something.

Tons of athletes who enjoyed FULL CAREERS are bankrupt by the time they hit retirement age. Manziel is fucked.
>>
If you look at his stats he frankly was not THAT far from Osweiler, plus he had a much worse team
>>
>>66136719
Literally what? Not only did the guy win a playoff game when he wasn't even supposed to be playing that season, but scouts were saying before his draft that he had the worst mechanics of any qb they had ever seen. There is no way that a guy who was barely even allowed to play could be considered a bust, especially when he had absolutely zero expectations going in.
>>
DRAFT DAY. JOHNNY MANZIEL
>>
>>66136756
But muh rich family
>>
>>66136156

He was always going to be a bust.

Anyone who watched his "success" at Texas A&M knew how much he relied on chucking up prayers to receivers who were physically dominant over college defenders.

Scrambling out of tackles and throwing balls off your back foot into coverage may work out in your favor in college, but it was always destined to fail once he played against NFL defenses.
>>
>>66136786
I don't give a shit how rich your family is, even Mike Tyson couldn't afford to feed his pigeons forever.

I don't think he's out of the league yet permanently, but the multi-million dollar paychecks are over for the foreseeable future. He offers such little reward for the tremendous amount of risk he poses to the image of any franchise.
>>
>>66136156
He was a Cleveland Brown so yes
>>
>>66136799
We'll always have that first game of his against the Bengals. He threw like four interceptions and looked like shit, and I was laughing the entire time.
>>
>>66136394
hey johnny. shouldn't you be looking for another job instead of shitposting on spee?
>>
>>66136799
LSU fag here, and we ravaged his boipussy both times we played him. Just off of that alone I never bought into the hype, and bear in mind that those weren't the traditional LSU juggernaut defenses either.
>>
>>66136719
tebow would fucking turn the browns around. make it happen.
>>
File: nightwing.jpg (76 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
nightwing.jpg
76 KB, 1000x750
>>66136156
too busy with acting
>>
It's over for Manzel, right?
>>
>>66136828
not yet, but it will be in a year

I don't see any team picking him up
>>
>>66136828
Get a team desperate enough like the Jags, and they'll sign him at the league minimum as a 3rd string or maybe even the practice squad. He won't be starting anytime soon, but remember that this is the NFL. Big name players have survived much worse public humiliations than this and made a comeback, but he's legitimately got to clean himself up and focus on staying out of prison.
>>
>>66136861
>Big name players have survived much worse public humiliations than this and made a comeback
Those players were actually good though
>>
>>66136315
Was just getting his life back on track, going to church every Sunday, dindu nuffin
>>
>>66136870
That much is true. But you see just what teams will put up with when they're desperate enough after piss poor quarterback play.
>>
>>66136502
He was born into a rich family stupid.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.