[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
JUST
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8
File: markeemark.jpg (23 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
markeemark.jpg
23 KB, 500x375
>Broncos acquire Mark Sanchez from Philly for conditional draft pick. Process has begun #9news #9sports

https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/708358234440990720

God Dammit. Elway can't be this stupid, right guys?
>>
He took the jest to two AFCC games
>>
Yeah, he obviously should have traded that conditional draft pick for Rodgers or Brady.
>>
This move is smart in Elways mind. Get Sanchez for a year until next year when he literally cucks the colts out of Luck
>>
>>66110800

It's a good move, they will need a backup for Tebow.
>>
>>66110800
HAHAHAHAHA
This is a joke. Right?
>>
It doesn't matter who their QB, look at all the great defenses that won superbowls by themselves like the 2000 Ravens and the 85 Bears, they all were able to continue their greatness no matter what they had for offense.
>>
>>66111259
This.

But I don't think Sanchez is as bad as Peyton was this year. I actually think it's a decent move.

Only thing is, how many more dudes leave before next season?
>>
File: 1457645531957675.jpg (17 KB, 322x242) Image search: [Google]
1457645531957675.jpg
17 KB, 322x242
>two teams that were done after one superbowl victory
>>
>>66111259
You gave examples of two teams that didn't win the Super Bowl again with those defenses
>>
>>66110800
What move would have been better, OP? All they gave up was a 7th

>OP thinks getting Manziel or giving Osweiler a bloated shit contract would have been better
>>
>>66111296
Peyton was shit this year but I promise you that Sanchez will be worse.
Peyton was a husk of his former self but he had enough experience to not constantly spill spaghetti over the field like Sanchez does.
>>
>>66111371
9 TDs and 17 ints through 10 games isn't constantly spilling spaghetti?

Even Sanchez has never been close to anything that bad
>>
>>66111531
Has he ever butt fumbled though? That's my measure of mediocrity
>>
>>66111531
>>66111403
There is no way to be as bad as Peyton was last year
>>
>>66111313
>this is what raidnigs get to feel good about for having not lived to see their team win an owl, let alone 3, let alone 50

kek

KEK
>>
>>66110823
he should have traded that 5 million $ cap hit for a player that would contribute to winning games
>>
>>66110816

He was the quarterback during those runs, he didn't carry them there.
>>
>>66112881
>5 mill for a 4/10 qb
>about to be crazy pissed
>look at free agent list
>everyone is 3/10 or worse cept fitzmagic
>still may get him
I'm ok with this.
>>
Why do people think this is such a bad move?
Sure there's buttfumble and all but it's either overpay for a bad QB without a bad reputation or save some money and get an equally bad QB that everyone laughs at. I'd save myself the money and bide my time.
>>
>>66112922
This desu. Anyone one could have been qb with that defense
>>
>>66110800
He is banking on the d carrying him to the playoffs, where Sanchez just wins
>>
>San Cheese
>>
>>66113018
if the goal is just to tank a season/see if the defense can carry another shitty offense it's understandable if depressing. if they're legit just bringing in sanchez to backup kaep or something they just wasted 5 million $ that could have been used keeping the team a contender
>>
File: khalilmackindenver.jpg (235 KB, 792x612) Image search: [Google]
khalilmackindenver.jpg
235 KB, 792x612
>>66112835
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD4SnKOAMOw
>>
>>66113059
If they're trading for Kaep with his bloated contract, that would make the entire thing really awkward, yeah...

But really, a QB is a game manager, that's the job. Sanchez can manage the game, no one is expecting him to rise far above that job but he's one of the better choices for the job, especially considering the market price for starting QB's. I wouldn't be too excited about Sanchez either but at least it indicates that Elway's got a brain.

And an unlikely hero is the best kind of hero, so there's that too.
>>
>>66113034
How is that any different than the current Denver team?
>>
>>66113460
It's not, except we are missing Malik and Trevaithan on defense, but that was his point. Our d is still going to be godlike because of our pass rush and secondary, but we need to draft to fill the center against the run.
>>
>>66113574
we have two side grades to replace trevaithan already, Malik will be missed but the rest of the defense will be better after a year in the system
>>
Sanchize is just insurance until they can draft their next QB.
That D will be enough to contend for the division.
They're banking on no more butt fumbles.
They don't need Manning 2.0 right now.
They just need Brad Johnson 1.1.
>>
>>66113617
True. I'm just glad Elway decided to hold onto Ware. Having a real pass rush threat on both sides of the line is really important.
>>
File: stats.jpg (26 KB, 527x101) Image search: [Google]
stats.jpg
26 KB, 527x101
compare Sanchez's stats in Philly with the Broncos combined QB stats from last season. Sanchez probably won't be the starter anyway.
>>
>Since coming into the NFL in 2009, Sanchez has a career Total QBR of 35.9

JUST
>>
>>66114816
Lol nice image title.
>>
File: 20150903_095155_brock-osweiler.jpg (60 KB, 654x475) Image search: [Google]
20150903_095155_brock-osweiler.jpg
60 KB, 654x475
kek
>>
Nothing stupid about it, really.

1. What other (better) options do they have?

2. They won with Peyton Manning, who last season wasn't even as good as Sanchez. Why would they not be able to win with Sanchez if they won with the corpse of Manning?

3. Who said he's going to be their starter? With this deal they really have nothing to lose, can't hurt to try him out.
>>
I'm all for laughing at Sanchez every now and again, but I actually kind of like this trade. Get him for a cheap pick, instant game manager. It's not like Peyton or Osweiler were producing much last year, keep the great defense and receivers and manage your way to the playoffs.

Considering the state of the available QB pool these days it's a good move.
>>
>>66111259
What do the 85 Bears, 00 Ravens, 02 Bucs, and 13 Seahawks all have in common?
>>
>>66111403
Didn't he throw six picks in his last game before being benched?
Take that out and he's 9-11. Not good, but not worth jumping out a window for.
>>
>>66115695
Best Defense in the League with "Literally who"s at qb, while winning a superb owl.
>>
>>66115726
The one game where he seemed somewhat competent was the Packers game. If you go back and look at the stats he wasn't himself at all.
>>
surely there was someone better out there. like half the backups in the league. mccown on the browns even. or mike glennon. fucking anyone.

except manziel
>>
>>66115755
And they never repeated
>>
>>66115895
Seahawks should have but they shat the bed on the final play.
>>
>>66115801

and that was mostly because the Packers D was gassed as fuck and on the field for 50 minutes on top of being on the road
>>
Elway needs to bring back Tim Tebow.
He took them to the playoffs with security,
>>
>>66114355
>QBR
Kill yourself. ESPN's QBR is more retarded than the Packers trading Aaron Rodgers to the Browns for a 7th round draft pick.
>>
Has a team ever had the best defense and the best offense in the same year? That would be nuts.
>>
>>66115895
I don't see why repeating is such a huge deal though.
It'd be great but it's not something that happens often at all.
>>
>>66116422
The Chargers did a few years backed but their special teams cucked them from doing anything special.
>>
>>66116490
I'm guessing that was around 2007ish when they went like 14-2 or whatever and LT had that amazing season?
>>
>>66110800
>46 replies
>>no mention of Siemian

you idiots. Get Conner Cook on the cheap in the 2nd round and let Sanchez mentor both, if it doesn't work out offer Luck a mountain of money to come to a great franchise next year.
>>
If I was the Broncos I would just draft a QB in every single round, one of them is bound to work out. No way that plan can fail.
>>
>>66116556
As a broncos fan I would love nothing more than to cuck Indy again. Luck is also great.
>>
Who /buttfumble/ here?
>>
>>66118954
I buttfumble ur mum bretty consistently.
>>
>>66119052
;)
>>
>Chip Kelly likes Sanchez
>Broncos want Kaep
>Kaep wants to be traded away from the 49ers
>Chip Kelly is now coach of the 49ers

isn't it obvious?
>>
File: image.jpg (977 KB, 1368x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
977 KB, 1368x1500
>>66127166
I dunno if I even want Kap over Buttfumble man
>>
>>66130917
me either but apparently the Broncos liked Kaep before he was drafted...

Sanchez wouldn't need to be the "Sanchize" in Denver... he might... might... actually do pretty well there if they can solidify the O line and keep CJ Anderson or find a better replacement.
>>
>>66130993
I say drop CJ and pick up someone like Ivory. Doug Martin is way out of our price range.
>>
File: butt fumble.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
butt fumble.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>66130993
Kap might actually work well in primarily run based offense. He is a very real running threat.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.