[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Di Maria flop ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (174 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
174 KB, 1920x1080
Pic related is a fucking monster for PSG, what was the problem when he played for Man U ?
>>
LVG tried to make him play a possession game instead of a fast counter attacking option.
>>
EPL is a much harder league
>>
>>66081752
well i watched the psg game yesterday, and correct me if i'm wrong but hell they're not a counter attack based team right? he was a fucking nightmare for chelsea's both midfield and defense.

psg had someting like 65% possession of the ball!
>>
>>66081752
It's not even just a possession gane. You can still play possession with a fast paced attack. It was slow uninspiring possession that made it look like they wanted to keep the ball more than they wanted to score.
>>
played out of his preferred position, his playing style isn't suited for a possession system (also the reason Memphis looks so shit in most games). He wasn't committed to Man U, didn't want to be there. Especially after there was an robbery at his home while he was there with his wife and kid.

Also LVG is terrible with South American players in general.
>>
>>66081769
>beating chelsea means you're suddenly good
have you not watched chelsea this season lad?
>>
does Barca have a chance of getting him this summer?
>>
>>66081786

They'll buy Mahrez or try going for Nolito (again)
>>
LVG tried to change his playstyle. It was obvious that Woodward just bought him without much thought and let LVG decide what to do with him.

That and the burgulary affected his performances so badly that Ashley fucking Young displaced him.
>>
>>66081786
no chance
>>
>>66081781
no i have to admit i didn't, i know they suck dicks, but it was more about, i can't imagine that absolutely nobody at Man U told LVG: coach Di Maria was a beast with Madrid, maybe you should try to use him like a (insert whatever you want).
>>
>>66081781
Its not about just one game
Di Maria has been great the whole season, he has been goat against Madrid.
He is one of the 10 best players in the world and already proved himself in CL Final, WC, La Liga, Copa america.
>>
>>66081841
is he that good in the Ligue 1? even against the weaker teams?
>>
>>66081847
He doesn't need to be "that" good in Ligue 1, just a key pass or an assist is enough to walk on the League.
He was clearly more concerned in CL.
I would say he is the most important players with Verratti and Ibra.Without them its not the same team.
>>
>>66081757
Physically intense, you mean. You wouldn't get away with half the "play on" calls in any other league but Italy's.
>>
>>66081948
many foreing players said that the Ligue 1 is actually pretty physical as well. I don't know, i guess he didn't feel it with Man U and LVG, what a waste still.
>>
>>66081728

louis v is known for ruining players
>>
>>66081965
It's pretty physical as well, but the quality is even worse.
>>
van Gaal played in him in a rigid role in a possession based system that offered no penetration.

Di Maria is at his best when he's allowed to run at a defence (like 2nd goal yesterday), situations like these were nonexistant in LVG's United, no one was playing those through balls in behind the defence and no one was counter attacking with pace like Di Maria. He can still be useful in possession but in a much more free role, notice how he was constantly dropping into central midfield, sometimes even between the centre backs to receive the ball and give PSG an extra man in midfield to deal with the pressing. In LVG's United he was told to stick to his area and play 5 meter passes to his left back all day long.
>>
>>66082194
>possession based system that offered no penetration.

LVG's system doesn't offer anything tbqh, almost 2 years passed and I still don't understand how they play.

PSG's game is based on possession, this season they are 2nd (63%) behind Bayern (67%), Barca are 3rd with 61%
>>
>>66082296
This season they're simply a mess but last season they were definitely a possession team, they averaged almost 60% with the most passes played and the highest pass completion %. Their problem was a complete inability to turn possession into goals
>>
>>66081967

Like all those players from his european cup winning ajax team? He really ruined them didn't he?
>>
It's a tsunami thread! Get out of here!
>>
People forget players are human beings.

If a player doesn't adapt to his new city/club and doesn't get along with his new teammates, he won't have a good time/life, and he won't perform. It's that simple
>>
>>66081841
sure, but people are sucking psg's dick after beating a team that has been shat on all season, by much worse teams. they are 10th
>>
File: CUBIGhlWUAAUaSU.png (209 KB, 600x419) Image search: [Google]
CUBIGhlWUAAUaSU.png
209 KB, 600x419
>>66082325
This is from Nov. 2015

In 2014 Arsenal and City have had highest possession rates, United was at 57%, they are only good at passing the ball backward so its not hard to have highest completion %

Anyway now Di Maria is enjoying football again and United have Depay.
>>
>>66082371
But Hiddink's Chelsea are unbeaten in the league. Ok, sure there's quite a bit of draws in there but still on form Chelsea have been a top 4 team since he's replaced Mourinho
>>
>>66082435
who have they played since he took over?
>>
>>66082433
I said last season, why are you trying to disprove it by posting stats from this season?

And I never claimed it was hard or impressive, just explained how van Gaal's United played in 14/15
>>
because he got btfo by young
>>
>>66082435
>5W 7D 0L under Hiddink
>impressive
>>
>>66082468
I don't disaprove your post m8, I wanted to post that picture somewhere itt
>>
>>66082464
Arsenal, Man Utd, Southampton, Stoke, Everton, West Brom, Watford etc.
>>
>>66082464
win 5-1 vs man city
win 0-1 vs arsenal
2 draw against Mu
but we all know that this team is better that all team except may be Man city. They are down because of mourinho and need 1 years for come back. But dont tell me that the Arsenal pussi, Liveshit , ManU or Leister are better than them.
When you play in the CL the bad result in league are not important.
>>
>>66082682
>win 5-1 vs man city
vs Man City's C team
>win 0-1 vs arsenal
Even Mourinho beat them, Arsenal always shit their pants vs Chelsea
>2 draw against Mu
not exactly impressive, United are awful

Leicester, Spurs, City and Arsenal are all better teams than Chelsea at the moment. Going 12 games unbeaten with 7 draws doesn't change that one bit
>>
>more assists in the CL than any other player in the last 4 years
>flop
>>
>>66082716
They are better in epl but in europe except may be City no one have any chance against a top european team.
Chelsea is a defensive team and it's more difficult to play against them, they can show their real level in one match and be better than arsenal, spurs or leicester.
If leicester was in CL they never reach the 1/8.
>>
>>66082791
Arsenal played better vs Barcelona than Chelsea did vs PSG
>>
>>66081728
The same reason he was a monster at Madrid. Playing for the only good team in a league then only being tested once every other month when you're playing in the CL doesn't make someone a monster. It's part of the reason football is so fucked now

>Play well against relevant opposition week in week out
>Do this for years
>Deemed world class and get a big money move
>Jump forward to 2016
>Get hyped
>Score some penalties against literally who for 6 months
>Obviously world class
>Bidding war starts, if you offer less than £70m upfront you better revise your offer

You're only allowed to be truly "world class" if you play for a big club. That's why Mahrez is barely mentioned while le flop in the box Belgian manlet who's done nothing all season and before that done nothing you would say is world class except dive against relegated clubs is being linked with moves to P$G for £150m. Don't worry though, I'm sure he'll show how world class he is against Nantes and Claremont Foot.
>>
>>66081728
Lois Van Gaal is notorious for playing south americans out of their position. I mean, we are talking about a guy that had prime Riquelme in his team and tried to put him on the wing so he could mark the fullbacks. He clearly is the egocentric know-it-all kind of manager.
>>
>>66081967
He destroyed Robben.
>>
>>66081786
Real Madrid's selling contract won't let them
>>
>>66081728
There was a basic problem of human interfacing. He, as an Argentinian, was intellectually incapable of understanding the English language.
>>
>>66084211
This, even Brazilians are better. Maxwell did an interview in perfect English yesterday which surprised me. Kaka and BRonaldo also speak fluent English for whatever reason (Kaka could before his spell in America)
>>
>>66082371
>The current champions are shit
Goes to show how shit the eplel is if a literally who meme team and Jews are the best teams this season
>>
>>66081780
>Especially after there was an robbery at his home while he was there with his wife and kid.

gengis here nailed it, we can come up with many reasons, from the memest to tactical, but this one is underrated, it sounds dumb but it's really important to feel safe and comfortable at your work place
>>
File: 1433299877620.gif (3 MB, 320x202) Image search: [Google]
1433299877620.gif
3 MB, 320x202
>1/4 finals
>Paris-Barca
>again

>mfw
>>
>>66084618
you really like that mass murderer, don't you?
>>
>>66081728
Because he literally didn't want to join United in the first place. He was forced out of Madrid
>>
>>66084622

Not that much
>>
Laurent Blanc is a talented manager would prefer him to Moroniho!
>>
>>66084640

Well...Blanc is good, yeah.

Better than Mou ? Erh...wouldn't be that definitive
>>
>>66084666
Mou is just like Van Gaal times 1000 same style n tactic. when Fergie left he wanted to choose a coach who could take United forward.. Blanc would be a perfect fit for us ex-Man U player too!
>>
>>66082826

I wonder which ex-Ligue 1 or even Ligue 2 players will be the next BPL superstar, after Hazard and Mahrez.
>>
File: 14507598032.gif (87 KB, 280x297) Image search: [Google]
14507598032.gif
87 KB, 280x297
Why Florentino? WHY!? why did you had to sell Di Maria!?
>>
di maria is a fucking god i'd rather have him than Messi at the moment desu
>>
>>66088343
lmao
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.