[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who would like a NHL without fighting? less violence and more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: NHL without Fighting.jpg (33 KB, 300x427) Image search: [Google]
NHL without Fighting.jpg
33 KB, 300x427
Who would like a NHL without fighting?

less violence and more fair play
>>
Fighting needs to be removed completely takes away from the game. Goons like Chara are considered good
>>
>>66069601
if

It would be a better NHL without fights

and bet more a more elegant and attractive games
>>
>>66069439
>more fair play

'no' people would just slash & spear the shit out of each other
>>
>>66069439

After all those enforcers died i think everybody realized it was time for it to go
>>
>>66069719
but also to eliminate fights

NHL must eliminate the new jersey team.

NO MORE DEVILS!
>>
>>66069601
Chara is good and he hardly ever fights. Why do you even watch the game if you are going to be such a pleb?
>>
if fighting is such an important part of the game, why don't the franchises have actual martial art sessions in their training schedule? The player would considerably improve their fighting skill and would be much more efficient at it, rather than just shaking their arms in the air.
>>
>>66069868
fuck off
>>
>>66069439
>complete pleb logic
Yes let's remove fighting but allow thugs like Matt cooke to continue being scummy
>>
I was thinking of this this morning. Fighting can't be 'removed' but you can increase the penalty. If you get in a fight, you are out of that game. Then, you need a legit reason to do it, not I got rocked and now I'm emotional. This would remove a lot of head cases from the game. Can't control your emotion, go do MMA.
>>
File: 1434400349023.jpg (30 KB, 464x340) Image search: [Google]
1434400349023.jpg
30 KB, 464x340
>>66069601
>Fights
>Chara
>implying anyone would fuck with a literal Slovakian giant
>>
>>66071334
most martial arts dont take place while on skates and the discipline is already embedded in the sport

fighting is what makes nhl not diveice
>>
Buncha plebs who never played at a competitive level ITT. Hockey will always have big defenders that can lay crushing hits on a smaller scorer that are only a little dirty getting them only 2 mins. Or if they are real dicks, jabs elbows in the corners, sloo foot when the refs are turned, slash ankles etc. The refs can't catch it all, but your team's goon can. The threat of getting in a fight, which doesn't hurt as bad as a street fight(since you cant step into a punch as much), is doing as much to regulate the cleanliness off play as much as refs do. Watch mic'd up fights, there is so much respect even after beating the shit out of each other. Fuck anyone who wants fighting gone
>>
>>66071461
>mfw matt cooke is still playing
>>
>>66073236
the nhl is slowly seeing less fights per year. eventually i can see the nhl moving towards iihf-style rules where you just get kicked out of the game for fighting.
>>
>Hossa and chara are neighbors and friends
>17 seconds happens and hawks win the cup
I hope Hossa sat on his porch every day when he had his day with the cup so Chara would have to watch
>>
File: kanye.jpg (375 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
kanye.jpg
375 KB, 2048x1365
The game is fast and it's easy to be a cheap player and hurt someone in hockey. This is why the game self polices itself. None of you have probably ever even played the game

Soft as fuck millennials need not check in with their faggot opinions
>>
>>66079326
Pretty much this. The players themselves don't want it removed. Like buddy said, it started as a way for the players to police and regulate the game themselves. It's called 'the code', and honor plays a big part of it. I'm not being dramatic, google it. A good example of the code in motion from the current season, for non-hockey fans:

>Oilers vs Panthers
>Oilers star Taylor Hall takes a big, clean body check
>Oilers forward Matt Hendricks hits Panthers star Aaron Ekblad in retaliation
>the hit is a little dirty, and Ekblad is injured on the play

Fast forward three games

>Oilers vs Panthers once again
>on Hendricks' first shift, Panthers defenseman Erik Gudbranson (6'5", 216 lbs) immediately grabs Hendricks (6'0", 207 lbs) and drops his gloves
>Hendricks drops his gloves as well, and they fight
>Gudbranson is taller and heavier, lands a few solid punches then drags Hendricks to the ice, where the refs separate them
>that's the end of it

It keeps the players (mostly) honest.
>>
>all these people against fighting
Am I being rused?
>>
>>66069439
>implying fights have any real impact on the outcome of games
>this flag
>this topic
try actually watching it first.
>>
>>66073236
why are all these non hockey fans trying to soften/ruin the last good sport in the world?

Go watch anime if you don't like it, Takeda Hirishito
>>
I think goons should be left to the previous era (as they essentially are) but fighting should still be allowed. The current level of fighting is fine. Really only happens when emotion is high or niggers are involved (Nurse).
>>
i think fighting takes away from the beauty of the game but is essential for self-policing the game, like >>66079504 said

the NFL would be a lot cleaner with less dirty chop blocks, etc if players could fight without multi-game suspensions
>>
>>66079593
fighting will never be removed, but the overall skill level of the game is improving and the amount of fighting in the sport is going to continually decline. there isnt enough room on rosters nowadays for teams to have a 1 dimensional fighter. the skill game is slowly going to take over the physicality.
>>
File: my trump face.jpg (80 KB, 800x419) Image search: [Google]
my trump face.jpg
80 KB, 800x419
>>66079612
did you really just blame fighting in hockey on niggers?

The game is 99% white, and fighting is part of the culture of the game, and you seriously just went niggers on us?
>>
>>66079666

nice reading comprehension fuccboi
>>
>>66079652
Even Max Domi attacked some guy.
Dont pretend like the "young stars" aren't going to ultimately play the same game.

The NHL uses a smaller rink to cause more friction between players and a "faster" game. Its an intentional design that is going to force "bad blood" between some players at time. The NHL chooses not to be boring like the IIHF or women's hockey.
>>
File: 133167.jpg (88 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
133167.jpg
88 KB, 1280x720
>>66079612
Nurse is cooler than you are.

>pic related, Nurse being cooler than you are
>>
>>66079721
he isnt even anywhere near the same kind of player his dad is. obviously there is always going to be bad blood between players/teams, but he isnt on the team to fight. the coyotes would probably prefer that he isnt fighting people. im not saying get rid of fighting, im just stating the fact that fighting in the nhl is declining and is going to continue to decline, which is basically going to be the end of the 'enforcer' role.
>>
>>66079811
a type of player will cease to exist, not a style of game.
Guys like Raffi Torres will cease to exist because of the skill cap, and thats probably an improvement desu.
But saying that the physical contact and fighting will stop ushering a new golden age of "iihf style rules" which you originally stated several posts ago is simply bullshit.
>>66079399
> i can see the nhl moving towards iihf-style rules where you just get kicked out of the game for fighting.
Thats where you're making your mistake. And fortunately you're dead wrong about that.

Now please, fuck off and stop trying to ruin the game.
>>
>>66069439
It would be fucking unberable, the refs would take over the game like the NBA. Fighting is key because the players police themselves and hold eachother accountable instead of stopping the game every 5 seconds like the NBA
>>
>>66079855
i never said hockey would become some noncontact pussy sport. im saying the nhl skillcap will continue to raise enough that fighting will become marginalized. gms/coaches dont want their skill players fighting. fighting is hardly part of the game growing up.

with all this emphasis on head injuries in sports, do you actually think this isnt going to happen? you have to wear your helmet with a visor to fight people nowadays, ffs. in the ahl, you get kicked out of the game after 2 fights. in junior hockey you get kicked out after 1 fight. the nhl tends to use the ahl as a test ground for new rules, so whos to say this isnt part of the plan.

>stop trying to ruin the game.
by actually allowing the game to be played instead of watching line brawls?
>>
>>66080024
>fighting is hardly part lf the game growing up

Not for me. We fought, even with helmets on. Lockerboxed with teammates too. An unmentioned factor that you would know about if you grew up playing is the less harmful release of tension/aggression. Would you rather two dudes fight, or see some faggot take a lumberjack swing at somebody's head with a stick? The latter doesn't happen because the first does.
>>
>>66080062
The latter doesn't happen because players aren't complete psychopaths, and/or don't want to be suspended for a whole year.
>>
>>66080094
Saw it happen twice while I was playing. Not saying it would happen at the pro level, but the tensions get real fucking high, and I'm sure the threat of getting taken out by an enforcer weren't looming we'd see a lot more hotheads doing stupid shit like Avery, and NBA style showboating.
>>
It would probably be completely the same as it is now.
>>
Hockey was a lot more fun 5 years ago
>>
>The only people that ever complain about fighting are europoor cucks
>>
>>66069439
You cucks should be happy. Goons are pretty much out of the game. Whats wrong with letting two players have a go once in a while? Literally the only people who want it out of the game are pussies who have never played sports and don't understand that its healthy for two players to have a go when the pressure mounts. You get less dirty hits when two guys can have a go.
Leave my fucking sport alone
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.