[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pretty laughable that people make out their rise to the top is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: manchester_city_logo_7872.gif (20 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
manchester_city_logo_7872.gif
20 KB, 320x240
Pretty laughable that people make out their rise to the top is an underdog story rather than an average mid table side being bought out by super rich guys, and the effect would be the same at any club.

Also when people say "their fans deserve it", even though their support has always been overrated. United are actually the better supported team in Manchester, despite how their fans will tell you otherwise.

TL;DR: Neutrals raging boner over City is completely unjustified.
>>
>Pretty laughable that people make out their rise to the top is an underdog story
what
>>
>>66061341
>Pretty laughable that people make out their rise to the top is an underdog story rather than an average mid table side being bought out by super rich guys.

Who has ever said that?
>>
>>66061357
Because they were shit for so many years, that makes the richest club in the world "underdogs" apparently.
>>
>>66061341
>Pretty laughable that people make out their rise to the top is an underdog story

kek nobody says this
>>
>>66061366
yes, but see >>66061362
>>
>>66061366
how old are you and your mates? 12?
>>
>>66061385
I remember during the season when they first won the title and suddenly every man and his dog had a "soft spot" for them. Did they cheer them on during the 1999 play off final too? Nah, glory latching fucks. At least plastic United fans support their one team.
>>
>>66061413
people had a soft spot for them because it was either them or United for the title. and seeing how a lot of people hate United, they simply supported City's title challenge
>>
>>66061437
But they were also cheering them on in cup ames that didn't affect United.

Also unless they were Liverpool, Leeds, Arsenal or Chelsea fans they have no reason to hate United anyway.
>>
>>66061341
weird troll thread. but in case it isn't: noone thinks city are underdogs, noone likes city, noone even cares about them that much. They struggle to even fill their stadium and it has a reputation for having shitty atmosphere.
>>
>>66061437
This.
>>
>>66061437
well said. saved me time dicking about with this upset Man Utd fan.
Fergie and Phil Jones' face when they realised city scored in the last minute is THE best moment in premier league history.
>>
>>66061503
>United losing
>Better than anything your team has achieved

You must support someone pretty shit.
>>
>>66061341
Isn't that the story of every english club ever?
>>
>>66061540
>implying my football team is in the premier league.

And yeah they are pretty shit in comparison to the best football teams in England.

>>66061640
Not Leicester :^)
>>
File: gimnasia y tiro pega policia.jpg (38 KB, 589x363) Image search: [Google]
gimnasia y tiro pega policia.jpg
38 KB, 589x363
we live in a neo-liberal ultra rigth wing world
if someone poor gets rich everyone will hate it
but everyone love the lifelong rich
>>
>>66061706
whats your fucking team lad
>>
>>66061341
No one does that though
>>
>>66061740
you've probably never heard of them mate. Bit obscure for an Argie.
>>
>TL;DR: Neutrals raging boner over City is completely unjustified.
wew lad
>>
>>66061740
Havant and waterlooville
>>
Chelshit, Manchester Shitty: Two teams, One cancer

disband both of these jokes
>>
>>66061857
i can smell liverpool fans a mile off.
>>
>>66061857
>maple leaf
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.