[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>anglos create football >they suck at it Explain this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: fifa.png (37 KB, 782x604) Image search: [Google]
fifa.png
37 KB, 782x604
>anglos create football
>they suck at it

Explain this cognitive dissonance pls.
>>
FALK
A
N
D
S
>>
File: USA #1.png (29 KB, 521x638) Image search: [Google]
USA #1.png
29 KB, 521x638
>>66056732
>>
Blacks are just better
>>
>be Argentina
>have to wake up early to feed my one goat and tend to my potatoes as this is my only source of food
>filthy bacteria ridden wayer gives me diarrhea
>no shoes and needs fill the streets so I have aids
>lose Falklands
>my baby has a tiny head from Zika Zirus

At least some guys from my country are good at soccer
>>
>be sal
>be a shitposting faggot with no life
>be a loser who needs to get attention from an anonymous image board because he is a socially retarded autist who cannot function in normal situations
>>
File: Soccer_in_China.jpg (289 KB, 640x965) Image search: [Google]
Soccer_in_China.jpg
289 KB, 640x965
The Chinese created soccer
>>
>>66056707
At least they aren't niggers like Argentinians.
>>
>argentina has never lost a semi final
interdasting
>>
>>66057852

But plenty of finals
>>
File: Argentina.jpg (38 KB, 406x750) Image search: [Google]
Argentina.jpg
38 KB, 406x750
Malvinas pls
>>
>>66057831
Various kinds of football have been played in Britain for about 800 years. The modern game is derived from those games, and has no connection to other such games played in far-flung corners of the world.
>>
>>66056707
soccer is for poor people
>>
>>66056707
We invented like 50% of the sports played in the world. This has the downside of our athletes being spread over all of them so we dilute the quality of each team. Particularly for something like football where other countries focus on it almost exclusively this is an issue.
>>
>>66056707
We are shit at everything.
>>
>>66057708
toplel xDDDDDD this is what i call banter
>>
>Argentina start a war
>They lose it
explain yourselves
>>
>>66059270
This is true. Remember everyone, just go out and have fun in your chosen sport and live life to the fullest. God bless.
>>
>>66057831
No they didn't, the Chinese had a game that they played with a spherical object using their feet. Association football, or "soccer" (As-SOC-iation, soccer was originally a shortened version of the word assocation that was first used in England in the 19th century) is a game that can trace its roots to the forms of football played in public schools in England in the 17th-19th centuries.

Around the mid-1800s there was a desire to standardise the game and so the various schools, all with their own different codes, came together to create a set of rules that all could agree to play by. This eventually led to the formation of the FA. Through this codification there were some schools that felt isolated as the new rules didn't represent their old codes as they would have liked, and so the development of the game known as rugby football took place. This game sprung up from the Rugby School and is significantly different from association football as the use of hands to carry the ball forward is allowed.

As the UK continued to colonise the world as it had done for the past several centuries, so the UK's colonists took their sports with them everywhere they went. In most places association football took hold, which we can thank for the fact that it is now known as the world's sport, but in a few places rugby football was more popular. The USA was one such place where rugby football was more popular although association football definitely had its proponents. However association football soon dwindled in popularity and rugby football in America went through a period of isolated evolution that eventually led to the game commonly known in America as 'football', AKA American football or gridiron football.

So by your logic, the Chinese not only invented soccer, but they also invented rugby football, American football, Aussie rules football, Gaelic football, and countless more lesser known football games, as all of these games have the same root.
>>
>>66059270
>>66059367
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.