[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come the Thunder haven't been as successful as the Warriors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (343 KB, 1365x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
343 KB, 1365x1024
Their roster is just as young and have even more playoff experience than the Warriors

What gives?
>>
>>66039613
They are worse. Have worse players, worse coach, worse fans.
>>
>>66039613
The Thunder are still more successful if you take their body of work.

They have been in the playoffs every year since 2010 and have won 73 playoff games

By comparison the Warriors core have only played in 44 playoff games
>>
>>66039613
I just think they haven't been AS good since they lost to the Heat in the finals
>>
>>66039643
The Thunder are on the down slope. Warriors are still climbing to the top. Once Durant leaves they will maybe be an 8th seed if Westbrook can will them. Warriors look to be a top team in the NBA for the next 2-3 seasons.
>>
>>66039643
>this one falseflagger trying to make Warrior haters look retarded

To answer OPs question, their roster isn't as good as the Warriors, they never had good coaching on offense and a lot of the time they seem to have 2 plays in their playbook. 1. Give it to Westbrook 2. Give it to Durant. Add letting Harden walk (and giving Kanter the max a few years later) + some unlucky playoff time injuries and you have 0 rings
>>
Because Thompson doesn' rip the ball from Curry's hands and hogs it then chuck 45 foot 3s while running head first into 3 defenders.
>>
File: descarga.jpg (12 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
descarga.jpg
12 KB, 228x221
>>66039643
>no rings
>>
>>66039613
It's really sad because the Thunder were supposed to be the dynasty and young dominant team.

Steph is actually older than Durant and Westbrook, but both Klay and Draymond are considerably younger
>>
i cant wait until KD and westbrick leave town and their shitty fans get to sit through a decade of tanking

its just wrong to get an "expansion" team and have it come with two top 10 players
>>
>>66039643
> thunder are more successful
0 (zero) rings
Win all the playoff games you want. If you can't win the big dance then what the fuck was the point?
>>
>>66039753
I'd like to see the Warriors beat the big 3 Miami Heat.
>>
File: 2-4's andy worhol.jpg (245 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
2-4's andy worhol.jpg
245 KB, 1000x1000
>>66039643
>no rings

Gee I wonder why?
>>
>>66039613
not enough depth and having subpar coaching

also durant being a beta and westbrick doing what he does
>>
Why is everyone assuming that Durant is going to leave OKC?
>>
>>66039834
because he cries at night after Westbrook ignores him and goes 7/24 again but he's too beta to say anything
>>
>>66039834
would you want to live in Oklahoma?
>>
>>66039613
>Shit coach
>Harden trade
>Bad luck with injuries
>Went up against peak Lebron
>>
>>66039613
>even more playoff experience
>0 (zero) rings
>>
>>66039613
their players are shit outside of westbrook, kd and ibaka
>>
>>66039682
>climbing to the top.

They are at the top already, this is their season and the next season is going to be infinitely harder as a lot of new star players begin to hit their prime.

Warriors are declining already if ever so slowly, you just don't notice it because they were so far ahead.
>>
>>66039613
bad luck and matchups

winning NBA is lots of luck, the best organizations know how to mitigate luck but even then many people get lucky to ride on the train of excellent coaching. most of the nba is composed of untapped GOATs but only a few get noticed to get the development needed.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.